• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTuran said:
You get the choice of three spell/skills: 1)120s of invisibility when crouching, 2)Beam of darkness that steals 100 damage, 3)Enrage everyone in an area so they attack each other.

It's a tough choice, as they can only be used once a day. On the other hand, lockpicking is super easy and lockpicks cost 6 gold.

I went with invisibility. Looks fucking amazing.
'Can you get these without the quest?

Wallach

ksimm said:
Was it something I ate?

I'm the most powerful Mage in Skyrim, but seriously I want my head back!

Any ideas? lol

Supposedly it's the combination of those two items together (chest and headpiece). People have said it goes away upon swapping stuff around and back, or loading a save game where you're already wearing them or something like that.

jonno394

First encounter with a random dragon, I was walking around the outskirts of White Run when I happened to see a thief skulking round in some nice elvish armour that I wanted. I sneaked up behind him, ready to finish him when all of a sudden he drew his blade. It was then I heard the roar and saw the shadow.

The bastard just wouldn't land. It kept attacking with ice breath and I held my distance peppering it with arrows. After taking about half its life it finally landed and I waded in pummeling it with my new sword. With a flap of its wings it lifted off and grabbed the thief and flew to a ridiculous height and threw him. A few arrows later and it was down on the ground again, and I managed to finish it with teh help of a summoned familiar.

I took my spoils and was disappointed I'd lost out on the nice armour. About 10 minutes later I stumbled across the thief lying face down in a stream some distance away.

I love it.

daviyoung

Banned
Zefah said:

2847900258_0e23dd2153.jpg

_woLf

ksimm said:
Was it something I ate?

4lfwap.jpg

Any ideas? lol

This just happened to me too! Are you using the
Arch mage robes combined with the malokai mask or whatever that's called? That's what seems to trigger it for me.

Also, are you using any mods? I noticed it happen right after I tried installing a mod to fix the blocky faces, but it happened even after I removed all mods.

I did a verify integrity check for the game on Steam and it said one file needed to be re-downloaded. That fixed the problem, but I don't know what caused it to begin with...

webrunner

kodt said:
1. Does anyone know if it is possible to enchant a weapon with a constant effect? Or are there always charges?

2. Is Chameleon in the game?

I think there are some special effects that aren't procs.. does the silver weapon effect count as an enchant? I think the lunar one does, not sure if that has charges though.

Greg

I rarely use archery, but I found a spot where I could level it up as long as I had arrows. My character level went from 12 -> 17 before I ran out.

Do the dungeons scale with your level? I don't want to fuck myself over and go against high level characters when the gear I actually use is outdated compared to my current level. I'm not sure if I should just reload my old save before I went into the dungeon.

Alchemy

Man, fuck work I want to go home and play more Skyrim damn it. Level 32, been dungeon running doing a few random quests (I want to clear out Whiterun completely before setting up shop in another town) and working on my crafting skills. Already level 32 and I have yet to
talk to the greybeards after the first dragon kill.
I'm already up to five killed dragons.

And the crazy part is I really like my job.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
In Eyrbyggja Saga the draugar infesting the home of the Icelander Kiartan were driven off by holding a "door-doom", what would be called today a small claims court. One by one the draugar were summoned to the door-doom and given judgment, and they were forced out of the home by this legal method. The home was then purified with holy water to ensure they never came back.

Fucking lol.

Wallach

Trojita said:
Fucking lol.

Had they been across the pond, they wouldn't have been able to evict those squatting draugr. Then you have a real problem on your hands. Get a job you fucking useless zombie!

Seanspeed said:
I think it'd be awesome, especially as a hooded mage. I'd keep it the way it is. :)
Equipping the Chinese Stealth Armor in Fallout 3 did the same thing to me, except it left my eyes and teeth, so my face was inisible while my eye balls and teeth floated in nothingness.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I had a question about some random drunks I found.
I was way off SE of Whiterun going to kill the Silver Hand leader for the Companions quest. I came across 3 random drunk dudes on a bridge. A little cut scene kinda happened where they convinced me to go drinking with them. I agree, they give me a beer and say "Lets go!!" We all start walking off down this road... until about 30 seconds later a troll runs out of the forest and slaughters everyone. Was that actually a quest that was going anywhere? I don't have anything in my log but I wasn't sure if that was leading up to something or if I was just wandering the forest with these drunks and it wasn't important... cause... whelp... they ded. But the leader of the little band actually tried to make a stand against the troll and started slinging spells at him. Made me think he might have been someone.

mkenyon

Banned
HTuran said:
Yeah, it is pretty cool. A nice change from 'go here, kill this guy'. I can just imagine having 23 and pulling my hair out for the last one!

Oh yeah, just remembered something. Anyone know anything about a Bee in a Jar? It's in my misc. inventory, isn't a quest item, isn't wanted by the Thieves' Guild and has some letters inscribed on the lid. So confused!
It's from one of the first quests in the thieves guild involving bees. I know I grabbed it cause I wanted it in my house as decoration.

ksimm

nickbreckon said:
Save and reload -- should fix it. It's a known bug and will be fixed in a future patch.
Woohoo my face is back! lol, such a simple fix thanks. :p

_woLf said:
This just happened to me too! Are you using the
Arch mage robes combined with the malokai mask or whatever that's called? That's what seems to trigger it for me.

Also, are you using any mods? I noticed it happen right after I tried installing a mod to fix the blocky faces, but it happened even after I removed all mods.

I did a verify integrity check for the game on Steam and it said one file needed to be re-downloaded. That fixed the problem, but I don't know what caused it to begin with...

^^ No mods, just the combination you mentioned, save and reload will fix.

jonno394

I was heading from White Run West past Greymoor Fort when I happened across a wandering civilian. When I approached he looked like he had a weird skin condition (quite pink) and he said he expected me to attack him. This conversation led to him telling me to go meet his group of people who were all suffering from this affliction, he however had left them.

About ten seconds later I was dead and it reloaded back at white run and I could not find him again. Does any one know what this quest is or if it's just a random encounter?

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone else have this problem? I'm at lvl36 for lockpicking, but the node for apprentice locks (lvl25) won't activate. Am I missing something?

Phreaker

Toki767 said:
Is there a point in killing random dragons? I killed one and absorbed its soul but I didn't seem to get anything out of it.

You did get a Dragon Soul that you can then use to activate the next shout you find..

Numpt3

Mattdaddy said:
I had a question about some random drunks I found.
I was way off SE of Whiterun going to kill the Silver Hand leader for the Companions quest. I came across 3 random drunk dudes on a bridge. A little cut scene kinda happened where they convinced me to go drinking with them. I agree, they give me a bear and say "Lets go!!" We all start walking off down this road... until about 30 seconds later a troll runs out of the forest and slaughters everyone.

lmao, this game is something else.

Lakitu

st5fu
Nice. I disenchanted the Battleaxe of Fire I got and enchanted my Skyforge Steel Greatsword with 15 points fire damage plus bonus damage. I named it Hellfire.

Nose Master

The only time I ever use Werewolf Transformation is to get around the map. Sucks not being able to loot. Or... turn off the mode without waiting.

Lakitu

st5fu
Shit, just realised I have a bounty from Falkreath to
kill a giant at Secunda's Kiss. I'm guessing the giant will be with his buddies.
Any tips?

Phreaker

ckohler said:
Someone several pages back said you could hotkey stuff to the left and right on the d-pad on the consoles. Is this true or were they full of it? I tried but couldn't get it to work.

Yes, it's true. Go into your favorites menu (up or down on d-pad) and highlight something. Then press R or L on the d-pad you will see a 1. or a 2. show up next to the item. This is how I switch quickly from my bow to my 1h/magic load outs.

Lakitu said:
Nice. I disenchanted the Battleaxe of Fire I got and enchanted my Skyforge Steel Greatsword with 15 points fire damage plus bonus damage. I named it Hellfire.
I bet Hellfire is a noble blade. Pass it down to your first-born. My first enchanted weapon was a Blades Sword, hereby dubbed the Quickened Katana. 10 points shock damage.

mileS

OMG the Trow Voice shout is amazing! I had some souls saved up so I fully upgraded it, 5 second recharge now, super long distance (I think, i know the cooldown is short, and it says 5 for fully upgraded) but anyways I can see this being super useful for backstab dagger people. I haven't used daggers yet myself, I always though it would be a little hard to sneak up on people so I just stuck with my bow. Now i'm curious, going to try it out now.

Squill

Neo Member
ksimm said:
Was it something I ate?

4lfwap.jpg

2ppeziv.jpg

Any ideas? lol

Open up console and try using this command "sexchange" it'll change your sex and then type it again to go back. I had to use it when I had 3 arrows stuck in my chest for a few hours. It worked for that, maybe it'll work for you.

JoeBoy101 said:
Just found this out last night. But, if your not a magic related character, its only something of a loss. I know which question you're talking about and what it means is out of the two, you can only wear one at a time.

The third piece gives a magicka bonus. The completed amulet gives all three bonuses of the individual ones.
Eh, I needed to get in there for the
main quest
anyway. Kind of stupid of Beth to force you to join 'em.

Seanspeed

Banned
Phreaker said:
Yes, it's true. Go into your favorites menu (up or down on d-pad) and highlight something. Then press R or L on the d-pad you will see a 1. or a 2. show up next to the item. This is how I switch quickly from my bow to my 1h/magic load outs.
Holy crap, thank you!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1. Path to Riften is the most beautiful place in the game but DAMN are there too many monsters. No hyperbole I just came across one every 10 seconds on my horse.

2. Having a horse is fucking pointless since you have to get off of it every time and then chase it down when you're done fighting, and it might die if you find something strong since it draws agro as you dismount.

3. Lydia keeps all the shit you gave her if you part ways, right? I want to use Mercurio since wizards obliterate Lydia but I might still want to use her now and then.

4. I wish you could display the title of every location at once. It's like they designed things a certain way just to make me want a guide.

5. I want to buy FRAPS so I can record videos of different epic things to show my brother.

6. Crashes/bugs starting to get annoying at this point. Oh well.

JoeBoy101 said:
That was awesome. Aldruin was busy talking shit to me about how I didn't even understand their language yet take the name of Dovah and all. At that point, fairly pissed, I just said, "I understand this, FUS RO DAH!"
People talking shit to you all over this game. My favorite is when they talk shit while you quickly kill them.
"YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ME-I am defeated"
"YOU'RE DE-A--D" (dashes signify slowmo kill scene of my mace crushing their neck)

More than that, your wife/husband will continue their profession afterwards. So, if a merchant, they will keep selling things and you can make some profit. If a warrior/mage/mercenary, you can bring them on adventures with you, etc.
WOAH WHAT? This changes everything. Now I want to know the effects of different spouses.

But I'll still marry Senna because she has secret bedroom effects.

Zefah said:
Holy shit! I just saw this on RPS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kElxR6PIacI

I look forward to trying this mod out tonight.
I MUST HAVE IT. Regular map is near useless in places like Markath.

HTuran said:
Boom, exactly. You only need one house, nobody sells items better than the ones you own/find. What's there to do with the money?
Since money is indeed useless once you can make your own shit, I'll be buying multiple houses just to have multiple bookshelves.

Boogdud said:
ROFL

pringles

So why can't I break down my mediocre (fur or old god or something) boots with +20% sneak, but I can break down and learn the enchant of my elven boots with +30% sneak?

I love alchemy, smithing and enchanting but sometimes it's hard to understand why some things work and others don't.

I always give my Enchanted items such lame names... I usually end up naming the items by prefixing the name of the NPC I stole the Grand Soul Gem from and then at the end appending some sort of generic RPG descriptor.

I have quite a few items like:
"Archmage Scaled Horn Armor of Health" (+HP)
"Archmage Ruby Ring of Freedom" (+Carry Capacity)
"Archmage Elven Helmet of Magica" (+Mana)
etc...

If I found the Soul Gem legit I just stick some shitty descriptor at the end if it's a weapon:
"Elven Bow of Cold" (+Cold Dmg)
"Orcish Bow of Fear" (+Fear)

...or at the beginning if it's a piece of armor:
"Hardy Scaled Bracers" (+HP)

The next character I play I'm going to focus down the Enchantment tree and really come up with some more "creative" names.

garath

Piercedveil said:
So.. is the hardcover guide sold out like everywhere?

ymmv but my local Barnes and Noble had ONLY the hardcover guide. I had to go to gamestop to get the softcover (I wasn't willing to wait to get it $10 cheaper from Amazon.. sigh)

Blizzard

Banned
The game reminds me a bit of Lord of the Rings or Narnia environments, but I guess Game of Thrones is a major thing it reminds people of.

I already saw Lightbringer and Sandor Clegane mentioned. I wonder how many people are using names of people or weapons from Game of Thrones? My main character is a blonde Nord named Brienne. <3

Duki

Banned
SilentProtagonist said:
Are all of the Stormcloacks racist elf haters?
how is that racism

theyre a different species

a species that literally tried to invade and kill everyone

fuck dirty high elves

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
pringles said:
So why can't I break down my mediocre (fur or old god or something) boots with +20% sneak, but I can break down and learn the enchant of my elven boots with +30% sneak?

I love alchemy, smithing and enchanting but sometimes it's hard to understand why some things work and others don't.
I think some things aren't enchantments but divine attributes?

Duki said:
how is that racism

theyre a different species

a species that literally tried to invade and kill everyone

fuck dirty high elves
They lump all elves together for the actions of the Thalmor, who are admittedly dicks. Not all High Elves agree with the Thalmor, either. My character is a proud Altmer who stands against their tyranny.

pringles said:

When you disenchant an item you learn the effect, it has nothing to do with the magnitute of that effect. Once you learn the effect the game stops you from disenchanting items with the same effect because... well, that would be pointless since you already learned it, might as well just sell the item at that point.

In this case you DE'd +30% sneak boots and learned the enchant "Fortify Sneak", the other boots have the same effect just lower magnitude so you wouldn't learn anything new from DE'ing them anyways.

If you want a stronger magnitude from your enchant you get that by using a higher tiered soul gem, buffing yourself with Fortify Enchantment, or putting perks in the Enchanting tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom