• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Duki said:
anyone found a nice way to cheese enchanting and alchemy like iron daggers are for smithing? they level up so damn slowly for me qq
Don't think you can. Pretty sure they only go up when you learn a new enchantment/discover a new recipe.

pringles

Houston3000 said:
Steal them, some NPCs have them lying around their houses (The Archmage at the Mage College for example). Just wait until he's in the other room and take them. Use them to enchant your gear, the gem will be tagged as stolen but the item you craft from it won't be. No one else is the wiser... you don't need good sneak skill or anything.
*evil laughter*

Excellent...

Alchemy

Duki said:
anyone found a nice way to cheese enchanting and alchemy like iron daggers are for smithing? they level up so damn slowly for me qq

I just enchant my iron daggers, my enchanting is pretty even with my smithing because of it. I did recently run out of my stockpile of soul gems so I need to build that back up before going on another crafting spree.

I keep failing with alchemy, need to discover more ingredient attributes. I refuse to look this stuff up, ruins the experience for me.

Yusaku

My two handed axe wielding nord ass kicker can one-hit or two hit most baddies, but magic mobs that can throw a ton of shit at me before I get within melee range give me trouble. What's the best way to improve my magic resistance. What do I need to magic resist magic potions? I haven't come across any resist magic enchanted items yet...

DTKT

Alchemy said:
I just enchant my iron daggers, my enchanting is pretty even with my smithing because of it. I did recently run out of my stockpile of soul gems so I need to build that back up before going on another crafting spree.

I keep failing with alchemy, need to discover more ingredient attributes. I refuse to look this stuff up, ruins the experience for me.

Eat everything.

Derrick01

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
24 hours in level 27, finally got sneak up high enough to get 15x dagger damage buff. And now I have glass dagger too, w00t

Real men rock the 30x dagger damage. Get yourself those dark brotherhood gloves asap.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Derrick01 said:
Real men rock the 30x dagger damage. Get yourself those dark brotherhood gloves asap.

How do I actually trigger it?
I heard it's in Windhelm, which I've been to. People were talking about a boy trying to reach them, and the townsfolk also mention the Butcher, but I found zero leads on where to actually go. I found the house the boy is supposed to be at but it's empty.

Derrick01 said:

Doing quest to join them...the one with killing the
Orphanage lady

Keep getting eaten by Frost Dragon...should have never parted ways with Lydia :(

Echoplx

<3

ibt4O3xTsNZhjs.bmp

Visceir

cartoon_soldier said:
Doing quest to join them...the one with killing the
Orphanage lady

Keep getting eaten by Frost Dragon...should have never parted ways with Lydia :(

You could always hire a new goon from the Windhelm inn.

I just started thinking how you could have you+npc companion+summon+summon from power+horse+npc's summon all out at the same time and it would already be like a party of five...

Derrick01

Banned
Papercuts said:
How do I actually trigger it?
I heard it's in Windhelm, which I've been to. People were talking about a boy trying to reach them, and the townsfolk also mention the Butcher, but I found zero leads on where to actually go. I found the house the boy is supposed to be at but it's empty.

I dunno what you're not doing really. I first picked up the quest from hearing a rumor about it all the way in riverwood, it was actually the first side/miscellaneous quest I got. I traveled to windhelm and did what you did but things progressed from there smoothly.

Log4Girlz

I have to get off this forum and start this game back up! I have an old rig but bumped the textures to high, and hey its running ok...its pretty enough!

bengraven

So you think people who mod out the spiders because they're "skeered" are pathetic?

How about people who mod out the hanging rabbits because they make the gamer sad?

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=274

I have pet rabbits and was bothered by seeing rabbits hanging from hooks all over Skyrim. I realize people eat rabbits, no problem with that here. I just find it distracting and distasteful to see a half dozen rabbits or more hanging from most of the ceilings in the game.

3chopl0x said:

God.

Damn.

I can't wait to get that for Lydia. :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just started the Thieves Guild questline and I'm glad to see that the Guild is something resembling an actual crime syndicate than the crummy Cyrodiil version which was essentially just an organized Robin Hood unit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
pringles said:
30+ and lvl 18... and I think leveling feels almost too fast in this game. Some people are gonna hit the cap before they've explored half the game.
I think the cap is 80. That doesn't seem like something you could reasonably hit, particularly given skills start to not give much towards a level the farther you go in.

During one of the Mage College quests I fought a Draugr Deathlord and he proceeded to murder me about 5 times so I checked out that quest on youtube for some strategy to beat him and when the guy got up to the same area I was at he fought a Draugr Wight instead.

Why?!?! Did I start this questline too late in the game or something and the enemies scale? Cause this guy is no joke for my one head/destruction style i've been playing.

Sarcasm

Okay for last hour been following a merc thats walks slower than me. I ran into him on the road and hes all I heard there was an issue nearby and going to check it out.

I am going to follow him but I hope I am not disappointed where ever he gets. Man I don't know how he can walk through snow for sooo long.

Dice

Arcipello said:
hang on! you can dress your own sidekick?!
Go to trade items with them. Hand them armor that is better than what they are wearing and they will automatically equip it. Same for weapons.

Yusaku

GeoramA said:
haha

Began a fight with a Dragon near Markarth and notice it's health was being completely drained. When I got closer it died and a group of Imperial soldiers were standing around it. They killed it fast. When I went to loot the corpse, the imperials demanded 100 gold from me. I refused and killed them.

Random shit like this is why I love this game.

Already mentioned but those are bandits. You should be able to find the corpses of the imperials that were killed by the bandits nearby.

Evolved1 said:
Eh... the quick-switch with the d-pad could've been done a lot better.

Unequipping the weapon isn't quite as useful as having access to two options for each hand. And down to get to favorites is redundant. Down could've been used to alternate between two pre-selected shouts/powers.

But I guess this is better than nothing.
Ugh, this. I love this game, but I am doing WAY too much work in menus in the middle of battles or at the beginning of a dungeon. I need to constantly be reorganizing my favorites and changing my d-pad assignments in an effort to save time - as I'm picking up new gear and spells quickly it's almost faster to just rely on the full inventory menu.

You are spot-on (if I'm understanding you right) - it should have been 2 assignments to the d-pad for left, right, and down, and up would launch to favorites. So if I had a sword and a bow both mapped to right, pushing right would switch between the two. That would be 6 mapped assignments instead of 2.

Re: the unequip function, I'm not sure why you'd ever need to unequip instead of just equipping something else.

onken said:
Dang, I'm 25 hours in and level 19.

I think the cap is 80. That doesn't seem like something you could reasonably hit, particularly given skills start to not give much towards a level the farther you go in.

Yea Thief Stone + Pick Pocketing and Smithing level ups = has led me to be here.

Oh and training -> Stealing Gold Back -> Training Again

lol

JackEtc

Just killed my first random dragon, after it killed me.

Took forever, and Lydia died during the course of it, and I used all my scrolls, but DUDE WHAT A RUSH.

Shane86

Complistic said:
So be careful with who you have drinks with in this game, lmao.
Three guys at the side of the road were drinking and asked me to join them, I exited out of the conversation, they all instantly sober up and walk off, hrmm...

KingK

pringles said:
30+ and lvl 18... and I think leveling feels almost too fast in this game. Some people are gonna hit the cap before they've explored half the game.

I know what you mean. I'm just over 30 hours, level 22, and the only cities I've been to are Whiterun, Riften, and Windhelm.

Finally beat the game and all of its main quests. feels good man. Such a great game and my body wasn't even ready for it since I wasn't much into Oblivion. Played as a full destruction dual casting mage. At higher levels my guy is so overpowered it sorta took a lot of the fun out of the game due to nothing being a challenge anymore. One and two shotting everybody. Anyhow, it was a fun ride and i wouldn't be surprised to see this win GOTY.

pringles

Fong Ghoul said:
Ugh, this. I love this game, but I am doing WAY too much work in menus in the middle of battles or at the beginning of a dungeon. I need to constantly be reorganizing my favorites and changing my d-pad assignments in an effort to save time - as I'm picking up new gear and spells quickly it's almost faster to just rely on the full inventory menu.

You are spot-on (if I'm understanding you right) - it should have been 2 assignments to the d-pad for left, right, and down, and up would launch to favorites. So if I had a sword and a bow both mapped to right, pushing right would switch between the two. That would be 6 mapped assignments instead of 2.
Re: the unequip function, I'm not sure why you'd ever need to unequip instead of just equipping something else.
This should be super-easy to patch in and I hope they do. I have so many things in my favorites menu and I wish I could map more of them to directions on the D-pad.

For all the great things Bethesda has done in this game I think they seriously dropped the ball when it comes to menus and inventory management. Everything from Quest Log to the Map to the d-pad assigments could have been done so much better.

Dice

pringles said:
That's good. Don't want to finally reach your top perks with nothing to use them on. I hate it when games do that.

Einbroch

Banned
The fall distance and death thing is fucking ridiculous in this game. Fell probably 2 feet and died. Lost 30 minutes.

What the fuck. Buggy as heck and pissing me off. Happened like 6 times so far.

I just finished the main quest. The ending was kind of strange, but I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. Oh and
there's still dragons even though I defeated Alduin,
correct? That would be extremely stupid if not.

Yea...Thieves guild...lol

Just got the job to clean out a house in Windhelm I already cleaned out and sold everything to the fence. Haha.

Wait, someone say cloaks? How? Where? WTF?

Sarcasm

Am I wasting my time following this merc? Says hes investigating but hes just roaming the snowy mountains and is snail like slow. Even with me turning run off I am still faster.

Seanspeed

Banned
Evolved1 said:
I should have lvl'd enchantment instead of alchemy.

Ugh... I wanted to poison people but it's not really working out for me. And enchantments are so much more powerful.
Whats not working? Some points into alchemy and you can get some pretty potent poisons. I'm at level 50 and my damage health poisons are 20 damage a piece. I've also got a boatload of ingredients so I can make a ton of them.

Personally, I refuse to enchant stuff as I dont feel like going through the hassle of filling soul gems all the time to recharge the weapons.

bengraven

Arcipello said:
hang on! you can dress your own sidekick?!

Like said above, give them stronger armor and they'll dress themselves, just like in Fallout 3.

HOWEVER unlike Fallout you can still remove whatever you want. Just don't expect them to get down to panties. In Skyrim, your character has a default set of equipment that they keep invisible, so even if you remove all their inventory, they're still fully clothed in heavy armor.

Soon, though, the mods will be out that will let you change everything...

Sarcasm said:
Am I wasting my time following this merc? Says hes investigating but hes just roaming the snowy mountains and is snail like slow. Even with me turning run off I am still faster.

I got bored and killed one. He had the first dwarven armor I had seen in the game, so fuck it, it's mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom