• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sarcasm said:
Am I wasting my time following this merc? Says hes investigating but hes just roaming the snowy mountains and is snail like slow. Even with me turning run off I am still faster.
I wish there was a console command to auto-follow a target. I hate these slow-ass people in various moments of the game.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I am doing everything but the main story and I have a question. I am already past where I talk to
The Graybeards
I have killed a few dragons in the environment and have learned some random words, here is my question how do I get the shouts? I have the first 2 shouts and have access in my shout menu for 5 of them but they are not highlighted in the menu and can't use them.

epmode

Einbroch said:
The fall distance and death thing is fucking ridiculous in this game. Fell probably 2 feet and died. Lost 30 minutes.
Quoi? I've been able to climb down massive cliffs in this game. You can't freefall for all that long but you can jump to extremely steep outcroppings and it still counts as though you're on solid ground. Climbing is a little more restrictive but descending is easier than I expected.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, push in the direction of the wall so you're technically "sliding" and falls are extremely forgiving.

Echoplx

Alucrid said:
You can get cloaks in this game? Goodbye this weekend.

It's a destruction spell, lightning cloak is just the name. It surrounds you with lightning and any enemies near you take damage.

iNvid02

i almost forgot that this had loading times in between actions.

for fast travel it takes about 2-3 seconds, i usually don't have enough time to read the tips on the load screen. going through doors is even shorter, like a second or less. SSD FTW

Question for those of you who have joined the Circle in the Companions...

How the hell do you defeat Krev the Skinner in The Silver Hands quest? He kills me in two hits whether I'm in werewolf or human form. Shit is getting annoying.

redhot_

ok wtf is with the frame rate on the ps3, if i play for more then 2 hours i cant even walk its so bad... is anyone else having this issue?

Rengoku

ok, I encountered a very weird bug, I can't sit anymore, the prompt still comes up "Press A to sit" or whatever. I tried going to a different zone, unequipping all my gear, still no luck. I'm at a point where one of my missions requires me to sit down to continue, and I can't do that. Anybody have this issue?

ajf009

redhot_ said:
ok wtf is with the frame rate on the ps3, if i play for more then 2 hours i cant even walk its so bad... is anyone else having this issue?

It gets pretty bad when I'm running, but normally it's fine

JoeBoy101

Okay, just did the Daedric quest for Meridia and, ummm...

Wow,
that is some kind of sword. Not only does Dawnbreaker look awesome with a glowing light in the middle but it also does 10 extra burning damage and can cause undead to explode damaging other undead. 8-O

JoeBoy101

SuperSonic1305 said:
Is it worth it to improve weapons/armor? Should I just save materials for better weapons or find better weapons?

Well, considering it improves the armor rating and damage. Plus an improved version will always be better than the basic version.

ckohler

Someone please explain "Assults" to me.

I just found a necromancer on top of a hill. He immediately starts blasting me with frost spells, no provocation what-so-ever on my part. I proceed to kill him and now my "assaults" stat goes up one. WTF?!

redhot_

ajf009 said:
It gets pretty bad when I'm running, but normally it's fine

ugh its so frustrating, when there is 4+ enemies attacking me i always just about die. Watching the health bar go from full to nothing because its like 5fps..

flashburn2012 said:
Question for those of you who have joined the Circle in the Companions...

How the hell do you defeat Krev the Skinner in The Silver Hands quest? He kills me in two hits whether I'm in werewolf or human form. Shit is getting annoying.

I sniped the guy at the altar so that the Skinner comes charging in that little room with the pillar before the hall, there i could control the space better and keep him busy between my follower and an atronach while i iced him to death.

Aselith

ckohler said:
Someone please explain "Assults" to me.

I just found a necromancer on top of a hill. He immediately starts blasting me with frost spells, no provocation what-so-ever on my part. I proceed to kill him and now my "assaults" stat goes up one. WTF?!
You were randomly assaulted I would assume so you got a plus 1 for repelling it.

branny

Does having a million things in one chest bog down the storage/retrieval process on 360? On the PS3 version, it's starting to take 2-4 seconds per item. PER ITEM. I'm beginning to dread clumps of things I've found that aren't quite enough to trigger the bulk item selection menu.

Is there any reason why we can't have categories for our storage? Are we supposed to be putting things in multiple containers or something?

edit: Bodies disappear, right? They'd be way more effective for storage. >:|

Does anyone have any impressions playing in third person view? Combat in Oblivion was terrible in third person I was wondering if it is any better this time around

Concept17

redhot_ said:

Only framerate issues I've had so far were during the intro. Its been smooth sailing since, outside of a few particle effects making a slight drop here or there, but nothing bad.

PaddyOCanager said:
Does anyone have any impressions playing in third person view? Combat in Oblivion was terrible in third person I was wondering if it is any better this time around

Its still not the greatest, but it has its advantages/disadvantages. The best being that doing attacks to the sides are much easier, and just having a better feel for where you're at with multiple enemies around. Its still kind of hit or miss with the animation and attacking, buts its leagues better than Oblivion. Most one on one fights I'm in first person, but I drop back to third more often than not during bigger fights. Also it depends on the environment. Always in first person in small pathways/caves... third more often in the open.

moojito

For people casually levelling enchanting, it's worth checking what the value of the item will be after you enchant it. I was putting the first enchant on my list on some weapons, then checked the prices and some of my other enchants upped the value by four or five times.

PaddyOCanager said:

It looks better but it's still massively inconvenient in my opinion.

So I have an issue that's really messing me up.

The aspect ratio is all fucked up on console (X360) when played through a standard def tv.

The console is set up properly. This is the only game that does this.

Basically the picture is too wide to fit on the screen. So when your hands are lifted up to cast a spell you can only see like 1/3rd of your hands. Everything is cut off at the edges.

That and the text is WAY too fucking small. You can barely read it on a standard def tv.

Cyrillus

So I'm on the second quest of the Companions, and I've gotta say as a stealth player, having the dude follow you around is more hindrance than help. First off, his sneak skill must be 0, so even if I'm sneaking, people see him from 100 yds and come to attack him, finding me in the process. Secondly, he dies very fast, which then turns the unruly mob of 4 enemies on my light armor wearing ass. Also, I can't even try to run away and regain sneak, because he just follows me as they beat on him, and he can't die, so he just "recovers" and runs to me again, making it impossible to get away from the enemies.

Needless to say, the Silver Hand can go suck a dick.
Also, maybe I should level to 28 mostly through non-combat skills :-(

ckohler

Aselith said:
You were randomly assaulted I would assume so you got a plus 1 for repelling it.
No no no. It shows up under "Crimes" I've committed. Sorry Bethesda, but this is a glitch. I'm being punished for defending myself. It's pissing me off because I'm trying to play a lawful character and ever hour or so I've apparently assaulted someone else.

In Oblivion, after so many assaults your disposition goes down and NPCs start hating you.

balddemon

Banned
3chopl0x said:
<3

http://i.minus.com/ibt4O3xTsNZhjs.bmp[IMG][/QUOTE]

WAT.

where did you get that helmet. what kind of armor. i'm using light dragon armor now, but that looks so much more badass. is there a male form. sorry i'm not using question marks?

I'm level 17 and I already have the full house in Whiterun and 18.000 gold, and a lot of equipment that I didn't sell yet. I've never stole anything, and is all the loot of selling the magic weapons and magic equipment.

What I could do with all this money?

Khezu

Uhh, I just did a quest in a place called karvanjund and there is a word wall in the back, but its not activating, just making the dragon noise and the chanting, but I get nothing.

ckohler

Nobody else having these assault bugs? I'm on 360. Out of curiosity, how many assaults do you high-level players have and have you experienced the consequences yet?

Midou

DangerousDave said:
I'm level 17 and I already have the full house in Whiterun and 18.000 gold, and a lot of equipment that I didn't sell yet. I've never stole anything, and is all the loot of selling the magic weapons and magic equipment.

I'm level 23 similar situation, but about 45,000 gold, I heard the other towns have more expensive houses, so I guess that.

Woorloog

Banned
DangerousDave said:

Save it. The house in Solitude costs 25k and that's without upgrades. And there's an achievement for having 100k gold.

Derrick01

Banned
I've seen a house for over 20k gold so yeah there's some uses still.

If not you could always go for the 100k gold achievement :p

edit: Both my points were beaten!

Echoplx

balddemon said:
WAT.

where did you get that helmet. what kind of armor. i'm using light dragon armor now, but that looks so much more badass. is there a male form. sorry i'm not using question marks?

It's heavy Deadric armor, has to be crafted. Male form? My character is female so obviously it has the female style, armor is 'unisex' in this game.

timnich

Elbrain said:
I am doing everything but the main story and I have a question. I am already past where I talk to
The Graybeards
I have killed a few dragons in the environment and have learned some random words, here is my question how do I get the shouts? I have the first 2 shouts and have access in my shout menu for 5 of them but they are not highlighted in the menu and can't use them.
When your cursor is over a grayed out shout check the button prompts on the bottom. There should be a button to unlock the shout.

I finished the College quest at Level 12, the main baddie was super, super hard! So far so good going straight Mage if I need a breather my conjured atronachs usually take the heat off me.

Will skill with a weapon be needed later on or can you go full on magic through the entire game?

Eteric Rice

Guys. How do I buy a house? Do I have to talk to someone? I'm already Thane of Whiterun, I just don't know where to go to buy the house. lol

mxgt

Banned
Anerythristic said:
Will skill with a weapon be needed later on or can you go full on magic through the entire game?

I'm level 31 now and have never used a weapon outside of it being necessary for a quest and I'm doing fine.

On another note, I love Illusion so much. The fact that I can calm enemies and get full out of combat magicka regen while they're calmed is amazing.

Ezduo

Banned
Can I join both the rebellion and the empire or just one or the other? And if I join one does that mean people from the other side will attack me on site? Assuming I can't, is there one that's better than the other for whatever reason other than ideology?

pringles

DangerousDave said:

whaaaa!? How the heck.. I think the most money I've had on me is like 3.000..

As for spending, it goes away pretty fast when you level up skills using trainers. And I guess buying soul gems, weapons, armors, horses etc.?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Although I've had a high enough Smithing level for a while, I finally took the Dwarven Smithing perk. I already had the boots and helmet, so I made the armor and gauntlets myself. I then improved the whole set to Exquisite level. That definitely made for a sharp increase in my armor rating coming from full Superior Ancient Nord Armor. For some reason, I really like crafting items in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom