• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naito

Naito said:
I just obtained the Ebony Blade
(from The Whispering Door quest in Dragonsreach)
, but not sure how to power it up: I kill friends but the damage doesn't improve, stays crappy.
Somebody with an answer? :(

Anteater

The companion quest,
fuck you principle skinner
. What a shitty fight :(, I could only take 2 hits and the hit detection is so awkward, I just ended up juggling him at a corner, oh did I mention the framerate and control is terrible!?

NBtoaster

Just saw him on a loading screen, did they really turn Hermaeus Mora into a man-like Daedra instead of the blobby tentacle thing he was in Oblivion?

Mojojo

Nemic77 said:
As a Nord character I feel like I really screwed up in the Markarth quests:
The Forsworn Conspiracy
and
No One Escapes Cidhna Mine

When I was escaping the mine I thought I could initially side with Madanach and then turn on him, by killing him right at the end of the ruins, but that only made me hostile against the Forsworn AND the Silver-Blood Family.

Since I had no previous recent save I had to proceed by
escaping with Madanach
, but now the whole city keeps mentioning my
prison escape and how many people died
. Don't even feel like returning to Markarth anymore. :(

It was the same for me. But there is more elegant solution as a Nord(siding with Stormcloacks ):
kill Madanach with the second shiv he gives you(don't kill the guy called the Unlucky), then escape on your own via the tunnel. At the exit you'll make buddy with the Silver-blood Family ; )

So my copy came in the mail yesterday. Installed it runs great, looks great, new leveling system is awesome, but everyone was right the menu navigation is the worse I've ever seen. Needs to be fixed.

zam

Naito said:
Somebody with an answer? :(
I'm wondering the same, asked it a couple pages back. Elder Scrolls wiki doesn't have any answers either. Since she says
that you need to kill those close to you to power it up, I tried killing Lydia with it, nothing happened as far as I could see

Krispy

Can someone tell me where to find a Dark Elf? I need one for... er... Happy fun times.
I'm going to kill it and harvest it's blood.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I have a problem with the general navigation system through the world. You can never gauge how far away something is. Needs to be more like GTA.

Didn't read the whole thread, but i figured out how to kill a
Dragon
solo, at level 10 lol:

http://imgur.com/Kl96t

This is the first one i encountered (beside the quest/story one with that army with you)

It was only a coincidence, i hope it happens again! :D

Drazgul

Dave Inc. said:
Talk to Dinya Balu in the temple.

Thanks for saying her name - had to use the command console to find her, since she wasn't in the temple. Apparently I need the related rumor first tho; when I talk to her it doesn't even initiate the proper dialogue screen, she just repeats one line.

Arjen

You know, i'm at work reading this thread, i see al the cool stuff, thinking i need to try that!
But after each playsession i totally forgot what i was planning to do and end up exploring for hours. I need more free time!

Ostinatto

deb875.jpg

goddamnit

Scares The Crap Out of Me

everytime !!!

Izayoi

Banned
Huh, I thought that skill level did nothing outside of allow you to purchase higher tier perks. At least, as far as Sneak goes, I'm just as detectable now as I was at level 1.

Pandaman said:
they're working together in that they aren't actively killing each other and are at 'peace'.
Infact when you join the empire they pretty much say that the empire at large views the skyrim war as distraction to build up for the next war with the thalmor.
Okay then who do I side with to get at the Thalmor?

ElyrionX

Tenck said:
Seriously fuck this game.I had hundreds of items worth thousands upon thousands gold coins. Left them in the damn Winterhold college room since you know, it's my room. Turns out everyone helped themselves to my stuff. If I don't get a house soon, I will murder someone.

No one "took" your stuff. It just disappeared. My guess is, it will happen to stuff in your own homes as well. This was a known bug in Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well.

Bethesda (TM)

Tetsuo9

Finished Missing in action quest, it was really cool on master difficulty, forced my lvl 20 barbarian character to prepare for the battle (upgrade gear and prepare a lot of magic resist potions) and carefully pick my fights to advance.

Farooq

Banned
Make an alchemy suit with enchanting.

Make a better enchanting potion with alchemy.

Make a better alchemy suit with enchanting.

Make a better enchanting potion with alchemy.

Is there a limit? Or will the values keep increasing?

Also, I have Enchanting at 100 (all centre tree perks), and smithing at 90 (heavy armour tree up to daedric), but I am not doing damage like that dude in the video.

What am I missing? A good smithing potion? I tempered my weapons and armour to legendary rank.

ttocs

ElyrionX said:
No one "took" your stuff. It just disappeared. My guess is, it will happen to stuff in your own homes as well. This was a known bug in Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well.

Bethesda (TM)

I don't think so. The college room isn't considered a house, is it? All of my stuff I keep in the house at Whiterun has been just fine.

Lakitu

st5fu
Regarding the Companions, need help.
They're asking me to turn into a Werewolf but I don't want to be one. I had no idea it would be mandatory to do this questline. Is it permanent?

NBtoaster

ttocs said:
I don't think so. The college room isn't considered a house, is it? All of my stuff I keep in the house at Whiterun has been just fine.

All chests that are not owned by you (the ones in your houses you own) reset after 73 hours.

Izayoi

Banned
SilverLunar said:
Didn't read the whole thread, but i figured out how to kill a
Dragon
solo, at level 10 lol:
You probably don't need to spoiler tag that.

At this point, I don't think it's a secret to anyone that you do, in fact, kill Dragons in Skyrim.

anddo0

Lakitu said:
Regarding the Companions, need help.
They're asking me to turn into a Werewolf but I don't want to be one. I had no idea it would be mandatory to do this questline. Is it permanent?

It can be reversed. I suggest following the quest line and the cure will be revealed.

ElyrionX

ttocs said:

Negative inference. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. It's somewhat naive to believe that the game's scripting and AI is advanced enough to have NPCs supppsedly going through your stuff and stealing them when you can drop random shit in the middle of towns with no one ever picking them up.

This was a widely reported issue in Oblivion which was never fixed. When it occurred again in FO3 and people posted on the official forums about it, no official response was ever given and it was never addressed in any of the patches either. Most probably they don't know how to fix it or it's too much of a hassle to fix. Like I said, Bethesda (TM).

Acheteedo

izunadono said:
EEEEEEEEEh?! You have Perks in this game?!

I'm like, level 15, and I never knew.

To answer your question then: yeah, your stats increase as skill level increases. I can kill things fast and I didn't know about perks.

Hah, luckily the perk points stay with you and can be applied at any time. That's going to be a mighty power increase when you apply them.

ttocs

ElyrionX said:
Negative inference. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. It's somewhat naive to believe that the game's scripting and AI is advanced enough to have NPCs supppsedly going through your stuff and stealing them when you can drop random shit in the middle of towns with no one ever picking them up.

This was a widely reported issue in Oblivion which was never fixed. When it occurred again in FO3 and people posted on the official forums about it, no official response was ever given and it was never addressed in any of the patches either. Most probably they don't know how to fix it or it's too much of a hassle to fix. Like I said, Bethesda (TM).

I thought we were talking about chests. If you put something in a chest in your house, it's going to be fine. Sure, if there's a bug that's one thing but just because it was in Oblivion doesn't mean it would be here as well. As a previous poster said, Chests now owned by you reset every 73 hours.

Naito

zam said:
I'm wondering the same, asked it a couple pages back. Elder Scrolls wiki doesn't have any answers either. Since she says
that you need to kill those close to you to power it up, I tried killing Lydia with it, nothing happened as far as I could see

It seems that when you kill a couple of friends, Mephala remarks something about it - I've tried and it kinda works
(killed the brothers in the Riverwood Trader)
After some more friends blood, she says that it's back at its original form but it's actually the same... with the crappy damage.

Yeah, wiki doesn't have any hints and it looks like there's a true form of the katana that I have no idea how to unlock it :(

Numpt3

Izayoi said:
You probably don't need to spoiler tag that.

At this point, I don't think it's a secret to anyone that you do, in fact, kill Dragons in Skyrim.
Damn it, well that's the game spoiled for me now. may aswell trade it in later......... :p

Mr YuYu

Mr YuYu said:
Is it wise to use Faendal's upgrade Archery a lot?
To me it seems like cheating. I level up way to fast :-/

I'm kind of afraid i will be over powered. Or do i not have to worry about that?

Also, if i let him go. Will he return to riverwood?

Sorry for the requote!

Does anybody know the answer concerning to "letting go of followers"?

Midou

Naeblish said:
That looks awesome, but i'm afraid smithing will remove every desire to find loot (since it's so easy to lvl smithing up and get high end gear), which will remove the incentive to clear every dungeon.

I don't really expect to find epic loot in most dungeons though, like my weapon is from finishing the companion line and my armor is just a normal one for that level, and I still have an easy time with enemies and dragons (a bit tougher with giants). I clear them out for the feeling of accomplishment.

ttocs

Mr YuYu said:
Sorry for the requote!

You mean saying "I think we should part ways" to a follower? They go back to where you found them. For instance, if it's a Companion guild mate, they go back to the Companion base.

Naito

Mr YuYu said:
Sorry for the requote!

Followers will go back where you met them/where they belong. In this case, the guy will be back in Riverwood.
About the trainer's upgrade, I don't mind it - I usually use it when I need 1-2 points for a perk (at high lvls it costs quite a lot and it's limited to 5 general uses per lvl).

ElyrionX

ttocs said:
I thought we were talking about chests. If you put something in a chest in your house, it's going to be fine. Sure, if there's a bug that's one thing but just because it was in Oblivion doesn't mean it would be here as well. As a previous poster said, Chests now owned by you reset every 73 hours.

Hey, you can believe that for all I care. I had the same attitude in Fallout 3 until that shit happened to me. And yes, it was a chest in a house I owned. It resetted and took everything away. And yes, in that game chests not owned by you reset every few days as well. The system hasn't changed.

This is the reason why I will never play Bethesda games on consoles again. On the PC, at leasr you can use the console to fix shit, such as giving yourself some gold in "compensation" in this case.

The archery guy from Riverun doesnt teach past lvl 50 right? Reason I am asking is I got him killed in a quest and decided to keep on playing. Ditto for my horse :(

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
bengraven said:
Like said above, give them stronger armor and they'll dress themselves, just like in Fallout 3.

That's how it worked for me until last night. I'd given Lydia a steel helmet (fnarr) and she'd always been wearing that in preference to any other helmets I stowed in her pockets. Then I gave her a Whiterun guard helmet which is light instead of heavy, and the armour rating is just over half as good IIRC. She immediately put the Whiterun helmet on, WTF.

I took it away from her quite quickly, didn't want Kendo Nagasaki following me around.

Naito

malingenie said:
The archery guy from Riverun doesnt teach past lvl 50 right? Reason I am asking is I got him killed in a quest and decided to keep on playing. Ditto for my horse :(
No idea, haven't reached lvl50 yet, but there's another archer trainer in the Thieves Guild, so no big deal.

Esch

Banned
3chopl0x said:
So I'm lvl 40, have every single upgraded shout, completed all the guilds and the main quest, have the best armor and weapon in the game (for my spec) all that's left for me is sidequests and leveling my destruction magic to master (it's 70 atm)

Played for over 80 hours already, this really is the game of the forever.
That's good, from your initial impressions i thought you didn't like it.

I'm starting to get the grindy mmo feeling now at about level 30... Might have to raise the difficulty things are so easy. Dual wielding top tier weapons while having the right perks and shouts is devastating.

kottila

anddo0 said:
It can be reversed. I suggest following the quest line and the cure will be revealed.

Re: turning and reversing werewolf
you have to make sure that you kill more than one witch in one of the quests, if you want to reverse it [/quote]

Fjordson

First outing with Marcurio was a roaring success.

Took him along for the final Companions guild quest and he basically owned everything in our path.

Final Companions quest is awesome, btw. Love the enemies you fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom