• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackhyena

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
-found an elven bow but can't improve it till i get moonstone
If you are only level 9, I'm assuming your smithing skills are shit right now. You can have all the moonstones you want and not be able to do anything with the bow for a while yet. Gotta up that smithing. Get leather strips and iron ore and smith away. Cheaply done and you level quick.

daviyoung

Banned
So I killed a hunter because I'm against fox-hunting, but he had a dog with him. I felt sorry for the dog since he'd lost his owner and decided to put him out his misery as it was the best thing to do. I got 40 bounty for killing a stray dog. I know where your morals lie Bethesda.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Can you join the companions, stormcloak legion and imperial legions and all that at the same time? Or can you only join one of them?

xxczx

Corky said:
Can you join the companions, stormcloak legion and imperial legions and all that at the same time? Or can you only join one of them?
You can join the Companions at the same time as the others but you only can join either the Stormcloak or Imperials.

Sarcasm

Besides just wandering and doign quests..good way to lvl up skills (combat like block and 1h)?

What is the rule for respawning mobs?

zam

While doing the Companion questline, finished the quest Blood's Honor and came back
to find Jorvaskr attacked and Kodlak dead, Vilkas said something along the lines of "and now you and me will avenge him" and then went and sat down, no new quest started or anything.
Is it a glitch?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
prowler_ said:
You can join the Companions at the same time as the others but you only can join either the Stormcloak or Imperials.

Ok, thank you very much.

Duki

Banned
Sarcasm said:
Besides just wandering and doign quests..good way to lvl up skills (combat like block and 1h)?
nothing really

use the warrior stone and just try and block most enemy attacks and then counterattack with your weapon so that youre leveling both

if you join the companions you can cheese both blocking and one armed to about lvl 75 pretty quickly by abusing the trainer followers, but theyll level up plenty quick just by playing normally since theres so much combat and so many quests to do

Izuna

Banned
320711_10150385925577819_709122818_8542454_1441421188_n.jpg

This game is so beautiful.

--

It seems that your EXP Stacks even when you forget to level up. I instantly levelled up from 15 to 19. Maybe I should increase the difficulty from Adept to something higher, 'cause I really don't appear to need any Perks.

I'm Imperial by the way, and I use an Enchanted Blades Sword I made. Soul Gems are so easy to come by. I love the balance on the game though. Seriously, the Dragon Shouts are the best bit. Gets me excited every time I use one.

I totally have my Wireless 360 Controller charging in my TV's USB port haha. It runs so well on my old computer! <3

Jintor

Anyone know where I can buy the higher level raise dead spells? Sick of only being able to raise like half of a bandit army.

iNvidious01 said:
i thought your stealth meter and NPC's following you was seperate.
so unless lydia runs out and starts attacking your good (which she never does unless i do)

They are separate but she is wearing heavy armour and this makes her noisy. If I sneak up on something, it'll often hear her and turn around to attack her, whilst I remain hidden, at least for a little time.

Seanspeed

Banned
Jintor said:
Anyone know where I can buy the higher level raise dead spells? Sick of only being able to raise like half of a bandit army.
I think you've gotta level up your Conjuration skills before they become available.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
My character is such a mess, started off focusing on Magic, then 1h and Light Armor, then Heavy and now I want to level Archery :lol

Level 29 clocking in at around 50 hours on the PS3. So far Im still using the method of exiting the game and deleting all autosaves every hour or so and the performance, while not 100% flawless, still runs extremely well and doesnt harm the immersion factor whatsoever.

BeeDog

Holy shit, met a Draugr Death Overlord just now. This bastard was harder on the easiest difficulty setting than a dragon is on Adept. Also met Volkung (sp?) and FINALLY got a unique piece of armor that's amazing.

I haven't done many mainline quest, and few side quest other then the thieves guild. I need more spells, do you come across spell tomes often in the dungeons or should I break down and buy some? Best place to buy the guy in whiterun?

Derrick01

Banned
bengraven said:
Fucking Ponies!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/295-1-1321420051.jpg[/IMG
[url]http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=295[/url

[IMG]http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/284-2-1321411757.jpg[/IMG
[url]http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=284&navtag=file/images.php?id=284&tab=3[/url

Really?

REALLY!?[/QUOTE]

They ruin everything.

moop1167

So do I need to make this Lydia chick follow me? I told her to 'wait' and I haven't come back in like 2 hours. Someone said she was a part of the story? Won't she die eventually if I take her along with me?

Also, I told some guy I would take him to some place, and now he won't stop following me and I can't engage in any dialogue with him. I found him somewhere in Whiterun and now I have to run really far away to where the quest is pointing me, so I dunno if he'll make it alive.

Salaadin

Dries said:
Can't wait to play this in a couple of hours.. It's so good. Still, I think I prefer The Witcher 2 as my GOTY. But Skyrim is close, and that's a accomplishment on itself.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Between the two, its a great year for fantasy RPGs

Izuna

Banned
HOLY $%^£

If you use the Speed boost Shout whilst swimming, it will queue for when you jump out. That was sooo coooooool!

ttocs

moop1167 said:
So do I need to make this Lydia chick follow me? I told her to 'wait' and I haven't come back in like 2 hours. Someone said she was a part of the story? Won't she die eventually if I take her along with me?
She isn't part of the story, only that she is given to you by the Jarl. She is a normal follower from what I've seen.

Quick question all,
So if I walked into someones house, no weapon drawn, they attacked me, and I killed them.
Can I "take" the house instead of buying one? Will I get the same benefits as if I were to buy one?
Everything in the house still says "steal" rather than search or take

Thanks

AngryMoth

PepsimanVsJoe said:
So is level 50 the cap or is it just tied to an achievement and you're free to level beyond it?
On the bombast Brad said 50 is when the enemies stop scaling, but it doesn't cap until 80.

Are some random dragons in this game just insanely buff? I'm around level 23 and annihilated a dragon near Whiterun and then another near Eldergleem (my 3rd and 4th dragons killed). Northeast of Eldergleem, another freaking dragon spawned and it absolutely wrecked me. It had green sparkly stuff all over it and none of my weapons, roars, etc. barely put a dent in it. There was also a Spriggan nearby that kept attacking me so that didn't help. I gave up after about 3 or 4 tries. I might go back and try and lure it near a giant and just let the giant try and kill it.

bengraven

Last night I descended into a dwarven fortress for the first time. It was to get Grimsever, the blade for What's-Her-Name the Lioness in Riften.

Finding falmer down there was awesome, even with their Locust armor which is way too heavy for the stat boost you get for it and thus fairly useless. But looks awesome, so I had to take one piece each.

I died literally 7 or 8 times. God damn, I've never felt so good about dying in my life.

Got to the end and it wouldn't let me open a box because "missing the required item". What? Is there another quest that takes you down into that dungeon?

Edit: nvm, apparently there's a DB quest that will take me back here. Good thing I marked the exit so I can return quickly.

Slermy

moop1167 said:

Also, I told some guy I would take him to some place, and now he won't stop following me and I can't engage in any dialogue with him. I found him somewhere in Whiterun and now I have to run really far away to where the quest is pointing me, so I dunno if he'll make it alive.

Meeting Lydia is part of the story, but it is not required to adventure with her.

As far as the guy from Whiterun,
you can still complete the quest if he dies, but it's worthwhile to keep him alive until you finish that quest

Marco1

Played the golden claw retrieval quest last night. Are most quests this long and involved?
I thought it was going to be a simple 15 minute run-through.

Log4Girlz

Going through the mage college questline...jeez maybe i'll actually finish this one...after that I'll have to finish the greybeards quest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Marco1 said:
Played the golden claw retrieval quest last night. Are most quests this long and involved?
I thought it was going to be a simple 15 minute run-through.

Most of the dungeons/caverns/crypts/etc are pretty long and involved. That being said, though, I've run into some caves that were just one big room with a few rock pillars here and there. I've cleared a few places in a matter of minutes, but there have been more than one that have taken me upwards of two hours to fully clear out and explore.

Marco1

nicoga3000 said:
Most of the dungeons/caverns/crypts/etc are pretty long and involved. That being said, though, I've run into some caves that were just one big room with a few rock pillars here and there. I've cleared a few places in a matter of minutes, but there have been more than one that have taken me upwards of two hours to fully clear out and explore.
Thanks.

iNvid02

MrPing1000 said:
They are separate but she is wearing heavy armour and this makes her noisy. If I sneak up on something, it'll often hear her and turn around to attack her, whilst I remain hidden, at least for a little time.

oh right, time to ditch her

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
3chopl0x said:
This is basically 100% how I want to end up in the game. Nothing can fuck with me.

Fuck me, I gotta start throw all kinds of perks at smithing and doing training and shit.

Can you marry multiple people? I think I'm gonna give Lydia my amulet and then ask to check out for Mercurio since apparently he's such a badass. I need a mage on my side, me and Lydia being short range attackers does nada. But I like her, so I want her to go back to town and hold on to my stuff for me. I also haven't met many other people worth marrying, but I wanna know if there's a way to marry others and keep Lydia first before I do so.

Also, 100% magic buff from the temple in Riften? Gonna get in on that shit today for sure.

H3xum

I'm so torn.

I'm a Nord so I feel like I'm obligated to go with the Nightclaws but I don't want that allegiance to jeopardize my ability to go into Imperial run towns or anything like that.

Some reassurance is welcome

JumpingTheGun said:
So Im strongly considering turning down a date and some possible ass just so I can play tonight.

This shit's got a hold on me man...

The game will still be there tomorrow. Will the ass still be there?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
JumpingTheGun said:
So Im strongly considering turning down a date and some possible ass just so I can play tonight.

This shit's got a hold on me man...

Get some ass while playin that Skyrim.

Not gonna lie, the fiance being at school finishing her PhD has made my life AWESOME. Work 8-4:30, come home, put on sweat pants, PLAY SKYRIM, realize it's 1 am, sleep, rinse, repeat. <3

Visceir

I sneaked around and saw this village and thought it belonged to bandits and attacked (you know, do a sneak attack and hit them hard before they discover me in first place), but it turns out that it was an orc village and I ended up killing them all because they just kept on attacking.

Now I've been slaughtering all the orcs who I come across because otherwise they'd either just charge me the bounty (which is a lot by now, lol) or kill me as orcs don't believe in jailing someone.

So has any race been deemed "better" than the rest? I'm starting this game tonight and was just wondering if making my dude a certain race would give me a noticeable advantage over others.

Chairhome

So, I'm a little confused when it comes to soul trapping. I'm using a bound sword which I had the impression would steal a soul of someone i killed and trap it in a soul gem. I have plenty of soul gems that are not filled. Is there any sort of animation or something i have to do after dealing a killing blow with a bound sword in order to get the soul? Or is it just a chance to steal soul and I'm not hitting it very often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom