• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajiba

I get diseases left and right. I just realize my archer level went down to level 15 and its in red for some reason. Does anybody know what it is and the cure for it?

Naito

I just obtained the Ebony Blade
(from The Whispering Door quest in Dragonsreach)
, but not sure how to power it up: I kill friends but the damage doesn't improve, stays crappy.

jeemer

Soneet said:
If you dual wield and wear a fast weapon on your left hand, say a dagger, your dual wield attacks will all have the speed of your left hand weapon.

oh, sweet. i've been doing this since the start with a dagger/sword combo just by chance.

15x backstab perk with 2x backstab DB gloves is pretty ridiculous. am i right in thinking that when i level sneak to 100 and get shadow warrior that i can just enter sneak during fights, quickly attack and get my 30x multiplier on a dual wield attack instantly? cause if that happens its going to be hilarious.

anyone else not using a mercenary/companion at all? it was really taking the immersion out of it for me hanging around waiting for some daft bint to catch up, and running back when she glitched to guide her round corners. go back to the jarl hen.

Kajiba said:
I get diseases left and right. I just realize my archer level went down to level 15 and its in red for some reason. Does anybody know what it is and the cure for it?

i had this happen with my one handed, it was at 60 and dropped to 20 in red. i went into active effects and there was nothing negative there. it's just a glitch and seems to have no effect. if you level up the skill it should go back to normal, did for me anyway.

Naito

Kajiba said:
Cure disease potion or just activate any altar.

Amir0x

Banned
This thread is almost to 20,000 too now, jesus. I think it's going to beat Dark Souls to that number? And I already thought that was fast.

Game is good but there's just a ridiculous amount of things to do, and it muddies the water of quality sometimes some of the stuff is really lame and fetch-questy. But that's the associated risks of a game this big, I suppose. I got the "Explorer" notch in my belt already, for visiting 100 places, and I've only been to two of the nine holds that the Jarls hold. That's insanity. I've been playing for like 52 hours now.

Haunted

Naeblish

Amir0x said:
This thread is almost to 20,000 too now, jesus. I think it's going to beat Dark Souls to that number? And I already thought that was fast.

Game is good but there's just a ridiculous amount of things to do, and it muddies the water of quality sometimes some of the stuff is really lame and fetch-questy. But that's the associated risks of a game this big, I suppose. I got the "Explorer" notch in my belt already, for visiting 100 places, and I've only been to two of the nine holds that the Jarls hold. That's insanity. I've been playing for like 52 hours now.
Lol yeah, my biggest complaint about the game is that it sucks up all my time, i'm starting to feel guilty because i spend every free minute playing it because it's so fucking awesome, and neglecting my social/gf time.
Then again, watching a movie, playing soccer or slaying a fucking dragon, how hard should that choice be?

mcrae

is this game the same as oblivion? i got bored in that game because it was so open-ended that i could go anywhere and do anything and kill anything since the enemies levelled up with you that it all felt pointless after a few hours so i quit

the massive response to it has me thinking i should try it, so i came here to ask that first

Amir0x

Banned
Naeblish said:
Lol yeah, my biggest complaint about the game is that it sucks up all my time, i'm starting to feel guilty because i spend every free minute playing it because it's so fucking awesome, and neglecting my social/gf time.
Than again, watching a movie, playing soccer or slaying a fucking dragon, how hard should that choice be?

Dude I understand completely. I warned my fiancee about this game before it came out. I was like "Listen babe, this next week is going to be a little awkward. I've got Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Revelations and Skyward Sword. I know! I play too many videogames already! But this week... this week is special. I'm going to need some real -ME- time. Like, maybe...I'll be marathoning...on the tv... for, like, hours."

She squinted her eyes and scrutinized me and after I marathoned skyrim for 34 hours, she didn't talk to me for like half a day :p

Wallach

Bear Grylls, master alchemist.

Speaking of, I really need to sit down and level my Alchemy a bit. In my house I have like a billion ingredients stored in the laboratory. I think any spare perks I have left after I get everything I want in Conjuration/Restoration/Alteration are going into Alchemy.

Drazgul

Wallach said:
Bear Grylls, master alchemist.

Speaking of, I really need to sit down and level my Alchemy a bit. In my house I have like a billion ingredients stored in the laboratory. I think any spare perks I have left after I get everything I want in Conjuration/Restoration/Alteration are going into Alchemy.

Have fun, it's probably the most annoying skill to improve. Takes ages to get skill-ups, unlike smithing where you get 10 points for just looking at an anvil.

Awesome synergy with enchanting and smithing tho if you're into them.

angelfly

Melhisedek said:
How many trees do you guys concentrate on (perks I mean)
I plan on having a battle-mage. Melee fighter with a touch of destro and resto spells. But I think I might stretch myself thin with perks and upgrading health, stamina and mana. What do you folks think?
My main focus areas are one-handed weapons and destruction magic and I've invested a bit in heavy armor and restoration magic.

Naeblish

Amir0x said:
Dude I understand completely. I warned my fiancee about this game before it came out. I was like "Listen babe, this next week is going to be a little awkward. I've got Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Revelations and Skyward Sword. I know! I play too many videogames already! But this week... this week is special. I'm going to need some real -ME- time. Like, maybe...I'll be marathoning...on the tv... for, like, hours."

She squinted her eyes and scrutinized me and after I marathoned skyrim for 34 hours, she didn't talk to me for like half a day :p
Let's just go all out and win her back with christmas, i just hope for the love of god Diablo 3 doesn't come out in January :p.

Rokam

Amir0x said:

I assume you used this time to play more Skyrim? Still have a week left before I hopefully will be able to play, just have to get my hands on a 360 at Black Friday. It's getting hard to start avoiding videos so I don't ruin anything past the first few hours.

Lakitu

st5fu
I was doing alchemy and tasting stuff to see what benefits they'd give me. I accidentally tasted 3 Nirnroots. There aren't any quests involving that this time are there?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Izayoi said:
Well, after doing Missing in Action, looks like I'm going to sign up for the Stormcloaks. They may be bad people, but they're nowhere near as bad as the Thalmor and, by extension, the Imperials.
the thalmor and imperials are a half step from going to war with each other.
again.

Amir0x said:

Fortunately, my wife was there for both Morrowind and Oblivion, so she knew what was coming with Skyrim. At least this time I'm playing on the PC in another room, so as not to disturb her girl shows.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
guys quick question...

are horses worth buying? If I purchase a horse, will I be able to "summon" it to where ever I am and use it anytime I want?

Kajiba

jeemer said:
i had this happen with my one handed, it was at 60 and dropped to 20 in red. i went into active effects and there was nothing negative there. it's just a glitch and seems to have no effect. if you level up the skill it should go back to normal, did for me anyway.[/QUOTE

Ahh Okay. That make sense since everybody is talking to me like im normal and not sick. Thanks

Pandaman said:
the thalmor and imperials are a half step from going to war with each other.
again.
That's why I joined the Empire: to give those High Elf bastards a close encounter of the Wulf kind.

Which involves decapitations. Lots and lots of decapitations.

Arjen

Lakitu said:
I was doing alchemy and tasting stuff to see what benefits they'd give me. I accidentally tasted 3 Nirnroots. There aren't any quests involving that this time are there?

I got a qeust that involves finding 20 nirnroots so i would hold on to them

Drazgul

isamu said:
guys quick question...

are horses worth buying? If I purchase a horse, will I be able to "summon" it to where ever I am and use it anytime I want?

If you own a horse, it just appears in the city stables or if you fast travel, next to you (only outside of cities, if you fast travel to Dragonsreach for example it'll be waiting at the stables). Waste of money still if you ask me,

there's a quest in Riften you can do to get a horse for free.

Amir0x

Banned
Naeblish said:
Let's just go all out and win her back with christmas, i just hope for the love of god Diablo 3 doesn't come out in January :p.

Sweet jesus don't even mention Diablo 3 right now

or Mass Effect 3

or Bioshock Infinite

fml

Rokam said:
I assume you used this time to play more Skyrim? Still have a week left before I hopefully will be able to play, just have to get my hands on a 360 at Black Friday. It's getting hard to start avoiding videos so I don't ruin anything past the first few hours.

I...er....yes :( I played more Skyrim. Lots more. I'm fucked.

Mango Positive said:
Fortunately, my wife was there for both Morrowind and Oblivion, so she knew what was coming with Skyrim. At least this time I'm playing on the PC in another room, so as not to disturb her girl shows.

She doesn't really like these types of games in the first place, but it REALLY annoys her when I pay like no attention to the outside world for over a day. I have fits of that anyway since sometimes I get really introspective and introverted and don't feel like being bothered, but when a game is involved she feels like I should be able to control myself.

I understand what she's saying but I'm too addicted to Skyrim right now...

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Boogdud said:
CANNOT unsee Techno Viking.

OMG, that might have to be the name of my next character.

Had my second total lock-up this morning (PC), had just left Helgen after revisiting to see what was up. Thought it had done the same last night after I disenchanted a few items but it woke up after about 15 seconds.

Vagabundo

Amir0x said:

Don't go all Korean on us and fall over dead.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Amir0x said:
I understand what she's saying but I'm too addicted to Skyrim right now...
It's because of life-destroying MMORPGs. All games get that bad reputation and people get worried that it won't be a temporary thing.

Linconan

Just hit Lvl 22

And now, things are starting to go funky with the graphics. Dammit.

Only hit a few minor problems with textures before this (in store viewing items), that some textures weren't loading up on some items. But now, anything in the distance further than say 2-300 meters away onwards. Yuk! (for this Gen standards).
The Framerate is dropping alot too.
Sad, sad day.

I must admit when i heard people say/said Playstation era graphics i thought, dramatise much? But yeah, not very appealling at all :(

Fix this shit Beth, or i'm going Guerrilla Games on your ass!
Starting to be one of the best games this Gen i've played, only to be turning foul for playing/enjoying :(
Its going to be a love hate relationship, i can see it now.
"I just wanna play it, but i cant. Fuck it i will, but i musn't."

lol...*sigh

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i like how you can get quests for reading books or opening chests and get certain items

i was down near sunguard and went in a cave where two bears was, and opened a chest and got a meridian gem or something and got a side quest.

syllogism

Blue Ninja said:
Well shit.
Shopkeepers sell nirnroot, they respawn AND the reward for that quest is very lackluster. In general quest rewards pretty much suck, so the main motivation for doing them later on is just to give you an excuse to explore, which is mostly acceptable.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
A Skyrim LOLWUT moment from last night's play. Was walking past Fort Greymoor and decided to revisit that. Instead of the bandits I think were there the first time, it was full of Imperial scum. I found a trap-door on the ramparts which put me somewhere the Imperials didn't like. Two hits took out Mr "Oi trespasser, piss off", then I noticed that was the fort commander. 3 solders ran in and they ate it too. Figured I'd explore the rest of it then another 5 dudes warp into the room out of thin air and cream us. Star Trek up in this bitch!

Question about levelling up skills:

Is the only thing level 100 one-handed weapons compared to level 20 one-handed weapons the fact that I can use higher level perks? Is there any other benefit from having higher levels?

3chopl0x said:
Fuck yes, just unlocked and fully upgraded every single dragon shout. like a boss.

Wait, you can upgrade Dragon shouts?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Izayoi said:
Wait.

I thought they were working together.

What is even going on.
they're working together in that they aren't actively killing each other and are at 'peace'.
Infact when you join the empire they pretty much say that the empire at large views the skyrim war as distraction to build up for the next war with the thalmor.

Wallach

Skill determines effectiveness outside of perks. Fortifying Conjuration for example reduces the mana cost of all Conjuration class spells by 1% per skill level. For weapons base damage increases with skill, and with armor protection goes up with skill.

Edit - spell scaling is wrong, actually. I'll double check it tomorrow. Spells do not cost 0 mana at 100 skill, obviously.

Aselith

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Question about levelling up skills:

Is the only thing level 100 one-handed weapons compared to level 20 one-handed weapons the fact that I can use higher level perks? Is there any other benefit from having higher levels?

Wait, you can upgrade Dragon shouts?

I'm pretty sure that the damage/armor rating of equipment will go up if you have higher skill in the associated skill. Like, my bow seems to go up in damage as I increase my archery skill.

Aselith said:
I'm pretty sure that the damage/armor rating of equipment will go up if you have higher skill in the associated skill. Like, my bow seems to go up in damage as I increase my archery skill.

Fackin' sweet!

Re girlfriend issues: I have an amazing and understanding gf who doesn't break my balls!

Izuna

Banned
EEEEEEEEEh?! You have Perks in this game?!

I'm like, level 15, and I never knew.

To answer your question then: yeah, your stats increase as skill level increases. I can kill things fast and I didn't know about perks.

Echoplx

So I'm lvl 40, have every single upgraded shout, completed all the guilds and the main quest, have the best armor and weapon in the game (for my spec) all that's left for me is sidequests and leveling my destruction magic to master (it's 70 atm)

Played for over 80 hours already, this really is the game of the forever.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm counting on this game to keep me awake till work conference call later on today. I know if I even rest my eyes I'll be long gone and won't wake up. Skyrim, quite useful.

3chopl0x said:
So I'm lvl 40, have every single upgraded shout, completed all the guilds and the main quest, have the best armor and weapon in the game (for my spec) all that's left for me is sidequests and leveling my destruction magic to master (it's 70 atm)

Played for over 80 hours already, this really is the game of the forever.
What the hell, man, the game has only been out for 128 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom