• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Anyone have that bug where a stat/skill level is back to default and the text is red? (archery 20, for my redguard, when it really should be 58) I thought it was a disease or something so I checked my magic tab and didn't see anything there, went to shrine, that didn't work. I even reloaded to an older save and it was still there. Sure enough after I leveled archery one more skill level it went back to 59.

I'm just wondering if it had something to do with me running into a cave with a bunch of vampires, running as far as I could just to see if I could see any chests with a bunch of them attacking me. I let them kill me, and I reload an older save after that. Maybe its a bug with one of the attacks they did to me in the cave that stuck with me on a different save? ah who knows but I was worried about it there for a bit.

Clevinger

Ether_Snake said:
Guys do I get anything for being a "good guy" and not stealing or killing innocent people? Or should I steal stuff all over the place?

You get nothing from being good other than quest rewards and the lack of having to pay for fines.

Zeliard said:
Conjuration is a blast.

Can't wait till I get those later summons, like the Dremora Lord and the Thralls. Oh man.

Totally agree. Think I'm gonna respec from Destruction to Conjuration. Conjuration is nice because it's like another follower AND it lets you melee if you want to.

Wallach

Zeliard said:
Conjuration is a blast.

Can't wait till I get those later summons, like the Dremora Lord and the Thralls. Oh man.

I think I can learn the Dremora Lord but I couldn't afford it when I went to get new spells (seriously being a mage is expensive in this game), so I only left with Storm Atronach. I was going to get Dremora Lord instead of Storm Atronach but I don't think Elemental Potency applies to any Daedra other than Atronachs judging by the description. Thing is, Twin Souls specifies "undead or Atronachs" I think but does allow you to have any two Daedra summons, so I need to go back and buy Dremora Lord and see if the summon has the buffed tag. Storm Atronach is still bad ass though, I just wish he was more melee oriented. He is more like the Flame Atronach where he'll try to back off a lot and shoot lightning.

GhaleonEB said:
I think I might be a bit screwed.

When I joined the Thieves Guild, I got a new suit of thiefy armor...which I took one look at and sold to Tonilia for some gold. Now I'm supposed to trade in a piece of armor to her for an upgrade, but obviously I don't have it, and told her so. She tells me to shove off, and when I talk to her again, that's all she'll talk about.

So my fence wants me to find the armor I sold her, and won't let me buy/sell. Am I screwed out of any other topic of discussion with her for the rest of the game?

And she's my fence! I can't sell my merch.

If you're on PC, just use a console command to spawn those armor pieces.

Otherwise, sounds like you broke her. :\

MrBig

Wallach said:
I think I can learn the Dremora Lord but I couldn't afford it when I went to get new spells (seriously being a mage is expensive in this game), so I only left with Storm Atronach. I was going to get Dremora Lord instead of Storm Atronach but I don't think Elemental Potency applies to any Daedra other than Atronachs judging by the description. Thing is, Twin Souls specifies "undead or Atronachs" I think but does allow you to have any two Daedra summons, so I need to go back and buy Dremora Lord and see if the summon has the buffed tag. Storm Atronach is still bad ass though, I just wish he was more melee oriented. He is more like the Flame Atronach where he'll try to back off a lot and shoot lightning.
Where are you buying these? Haven't seen any high-level vendors.

GhaleonEB

BoobPhysics101 said:
If you're on PC, just use a console command to spawn those armor pieces.

Otherwise, sounds like you broke her. :\
:(

Anyone know how to find a piece of that armor? Surely they would have thought that someone might sell it off.

Dead

well not really...yet
I decided to climb up these cool looking stone stairs on the mountain behind Riften and all of a sudden I get one shot killed by this pole that shot an ice beam at me

feelsbadman.jpg

gblues

Banned
I like how Galmar Stone-Fist is basically "Colonel Campbell with a nordic-ish accent." (yes, I know it's the same voice actor)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
gblues said:
I like how Galmar Stone-Fist is basically "Colonel Campbell with a nordic-ish accent." (yes, I know it's the same voice actor)
He sticks out to me so much. Sad that those guys can't just live off Metal Gear. Their voices are permanently those characters to me.

Drewsky

So I caught a little bit about PS3 slowdown due to saves getting larger earlier in the thread, but I didn't see if the question of if the next patch will fix this got answered. Any word? I'm experiencing a little slowdown at this point.

Einbroch

Banned
What's this? Off work? Delicious salmon on a plate in front of me and an ice cold beer in a glass? Girlfriend out of town?

My God, it's SKYRIM TIME!

Zeliard

Wallach said:

Yeah it would definitely be useful to find that out.

Apparently the Summoner perk also works on Daedra so it's very possible they get those other buffs despite not being specified. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the Daedra summons just come that powerful off the bat and don't use those perks.

I just completed Power of the Elements and
received Fire Storm, how do you get the other master level destruction spells?

Zeliard said:

Apparently the Summoner perk also works on Daedra so it's very possible they get those other buffs despite not being specified. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the Daedra summons just come that powerful off the bat and don't use those perks.

Summoner and Atromancy seem to both work on Daedra, so they all may very well apply to them.

And the Dremora Lord is pretty awesome, his constant trash talking is pretty amusing.

Wallach

Zeliard said:

I guess they just have a split between Daedra and reanimation, then? Not sure why they don't just say Daedra rather than Atronach, but whatever. Sounds godlike to me!

GhaleonEB said:
I think I might be a bit screwed.

When I joined the Thieves Guild, I got a new suit of thiefy armor...which I took one look at and sold to Tonilia for some gold. Now I'm supposed to trade in a piece of armor to her for an upgrade, but obviously I don't have it, and told her so. She tells me to shove off, and when I talk to her again, that's all she'll talk about.

So my fence wants me to find the armor I sold her, and won't let me buy/sell. Am I screwed out of any other topic of discussion with her for the rest of the game?

And she's my fence! I can't sell my merch.

Damn that sucks, I stored my gear in a chest thank god.

Forkball

I became Thane of Whiterun. The dragon battle was pretty fun but I just stayed on top of the tower and cheesed it. It looked like everyone was killed and eaten during the battle but I guess they had to survive for the next cutscene. I've also been doing a few piddly misc sidequests. Not as challenging as I'd like. After the Halted Stream Camp I thought that they'd be pretty tough, but I just went to find some dude's family sword and it was just a bunch of weak archers. You really never know what you're going to get. I'm so happy to finally have a real companion though. Can Lydia permadie? Please say no.

Also one time I rested and when I woke up some random thugs attacked me. When I killed them I found a bounty from
Ahlam, who is apparently a redguard in Whiterun. What the hell, I never stole anything from her.
I want to kill her for revenge, but it seems impossible without having an armada come after me. Any tips?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
2 hours and 30 minutes more of work... hope I'll still have the energy for some Skyrim. Have to finish the Night to Remember quest... then I hear I should really see the Greybeards... THEN I'll go to Riften.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
beat the game at level 25, when the game started and i first saw a cheese wheel i knew what my mission would be.

i stole all the cheese i saw.

bojW3.jpg

168 cheeses were encountered in my main quest playthrough, thats all of em.

Zeliard

Wallach said:
I guess they just have a split between Daedra and reanimation, then? Not sure why they don't just say Daedra rather than Atronach, but whatever. Sounds godlike to me!

I can't wait till I get that perk that lets you have 2 summons or undeads. I find myself summoning a lot more than resurrecting. Res'ing enemies is fun as hell but it can be a little less practical in some situations.

Can't wait till I resurrect something like a Draugr Death Overlord. Seriously, those guys don't fuck around. Meeting one of them at a relatively early level is one of the most apparent indications that level scaling as far as combat is far removed from Oblivion. :p

Tokubetsu

Am i doing something wrong? I'm playing a thiefy bosmer and I'm at a point in the game right now where I'm almost helpless is straight up combat without a companion. I'm doing one of the later thieves guild quests, going into a dungeon and the companion can't follow and the dwarven robots are just tearing my shit up. Same thing with mini boss style enemies as well such as bandit chieftans etc. Is it because I'm dual wielding?

Wallach

Zeliard said:
I can't wait till I get that perk that lets you have 2 summons or undeads. I find myself summoning a lot more than resurrecting. Res'ing enemies is fun as hell but it can be a little less practical in some situations.

Can't wait till I resurrect something like a Draugr Death Overlord. Seriously, those guys don't fuck around. Meeting one of them at a relatively early level is one of the most apparent indications that level scaling as far as combat is far removed from Oblivion. :p

Yeah, I definitely rely on normal Atronach summons over reanimation just because the latter is a little impractical at the outset of most fights. But there are guys I definitely dual-cast Revenant on right now, like the buff ass Falmer or their weird centipede Reaper things. Also never hurts to help this guy teach a dragon how to prevent forest fires:

STxuq.jpg

desertdroog

Pandaman said:
beat the game at level 25, when the game started and i first saw a cheese wheel i knew what my mission would be.

i stole all the cheese i saw.

168 cheeses were encountered in my main quest playthrough, thats all of em.

Relevent:

i-PPTPkRk-XL.jpg

mileS

rofl Pandaman thats amazing. I want to see more pics like that. I'm sure some people on PC could cheat with the console but I admire the fact you didn't.

Quick little tip for people doing Archery. http://youtu.be/_ZkACcTKQNQ not the best video but at least it shows you where to go. You can get a skill up book in her room and she gives you at least 6 free skill ups from training. It's better to wait until after archery 50 to do this imo. I wonder if there's any other trainers like this in the game that don't make you pay.

Zeliard

It's super fun to go around with a companion as a Conjuration mage, or just mage in general, since you get some nice space to play around and try all kinds of spells.

It's especially neat to go around with the Conjurer companion, since she summons a Flame Atronach or a wolf at pretty much every battle. So with your summon or zombie it's like a party of 4 messing enemies up. :> Giving a mage like Marcurio a Necro staff also fills that function.

Wallach said:
Yeah, I definitely rely on normal Atronach summons over reanimation just because the latter is a little impractical at the outset of most fights. But there are guys I definitely dual-cast Revenant on right now, like the buff ass Falmer or their weird centipede Reaper things. Also never hurts to help this guy teach a dragon how to prevent forest fires

Yeah a lot of my res'ing is on an animal that a dragon just butchered. :p I'm just helping the poor guy get his vengeance from the dead.

Basileus777 said:
What type of armor did you enchant? The gloves and boots I've enchanted had fortify destruction greyed out.

Helm, Chest, Ring and Amulet get you to 100%

The real kicker is you could maybe get it done with 3 pieces by using potions to get enchant effectiveness to above 100%. Which is what I'm trying to do now. Problem is I have no points in alchemy, and I also don't know which ingredients to use to make a +enchanting potion haha.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
desertdroog said:
Relevent:

http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/i-PPTPkRk/0/L/i-PPTPkRk-XL.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
After i grabbed everything that wasn't bolted down in the house and hawked it next door, it took me awhile to realize that i was selling stuff i paid to be put there. >_>

Played for about an hour for the first time tonight. Felt like 5 minutes.

In the first part
during the escape
I got grab happy and left a bunch of empty shelves and naked bodies in my wake.

The combat felt fine to me so far and I lol'd at the animations when NPCs go up or down stairs.

Do dragons spawn more frequently on higher levels? Because I'm seeing them everywhere now, 2 elder dragons spawned at the college of winterhold...

JackEtc

LMAO oh my God

I found a dragon shout wall thing, absorbed the shout. Then turned around and saw a mammoth spawn in the distance, except it was 300 feet in the air. It slowly fell to the ground, landed on all four feet, was perfectly still, and just fell over, stock still. Couldn't stop laughing.

Never change, Bethesda

Volimar

JackEtc said:
LMAO oh my God

I found a dragon shout wall thing, absorbed the shout. Then turned around and saw a mammoth spawn in the distance, except it was 300 feet in the air. It slowly fell to the ground, landed on all four feet, was perfectly still, and just fell over, stock still. Couldn't stop laughing.

Never change, Bethesda

You used the death from above shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom