• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bootaaay said:
26'' backlit LCD, and I took the photos with my camera phone.
Ok, cool. I figured it was a phone. It looks like there is some form of AA, but its hard to tell with out direct feed captures.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Bootaaay said:
simply because there's so much damn stuff to do, and not just in terms of the abundance of quests you receive. Spent way too much time collecting ingredients, hunting animals, crafting items to make armour and weapons, cooking food, making potions, chopping wood, mining ore, etc.

*removed*

No epilepsy gifs please... ~Admin

MrBig

Bootaaay said:
Spent way too much time collecting ingredients, hunting animals, crafting items to make armour and weapons, cooking food, making potions, chopping wood, mining ore, etc.

where can you go to mine? A friend of mine who got the the game can't figure it out.

Fjordson

Bootaaay said:
26'' backlit LCD, and I took the photos with my camera phone.
Hey Bootaaay, sorry to continue bombarding you with questions, but did you say earlier you're using archery (or am I making that up)? If so, how is it? Viable as a main form of combat?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fjordson said:
Hey Bootaaay, sorry to continue bombarding you with questions, but did you say earlier you're using archery (or am I making that up)? If so, how is it? Viable as a main form of combat?
Archery definitely looks awesome in the videos to me... the sound design when shooting from stealth in particular is brilliant...
you can audibly hear the character holding his/her breath for stability, then exhaling when you shoot

EDIT: Wow thanks for the quick response(s). This OT is going to be huge.

MrBig said:
where can you go to mine? A friend of mine who got the the game can't figure it out.

Either in actual mines, or you sometimes find random veins of ore when exploring mountainous areas.

Fjordson said:

Yeah, I'm using archery and it's been pretty damn handy so far, especially when you get the perk that lets you zoom when aiming. I wouldn't solely like to use archery though, as there's been quite a few occasions that I've had to fall back to a sword & spell combo. Although hopefully once I've got a kickass bow and levelled up a bit, that won't be a problem.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just found this delightful image in that thread...

r7of1l.jpg

Jesus fuck. God only knows what the equivalent one will look like for Skyrim one day.

do we have any official word on 360 controller support for the PC version?

This will weigh heavily on my option to choose the PC version.

Das Boot

Banned
So has anyone played the PS3 version?

Being that they haven't shown any actual ps3 footage, I'm concerned that there will be some real differences between the versions.

What time exactly (EST) is this game suppose to unlock on Steam?

If it's early I might ask for a personal day for Friday, I have a couple more for the year that I don't plan on using. If it doesn't unlock until 3 in the afternoon or some shit I'll just wait until I get home.

Wallach

Houston3000 said:
What time exactly (EST) is this game suppose to unlock on Steam?

If it's early I might ask for a personal day for Friday, I have a couple more for the year that I don't plan on using. If it doesn't unlock until 3 in the afternoon or some shit I'll just wait until I get home.

12 AM EST.

Das Boot said:
So has anyone played the PS3 version?

Being that they haven't shown any actual ps3 footage, I'm concerned that there will be some real differences between the versions.
Read this thread. Bootaaay has it and talks about in the last 50 post or so.

Fjordson

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, I'm using archery and it's been pretty damn handy so far, especially when you get the perk that lets you zoom when aiming. I wouldn't solely like to use archery though, as there's been quite a few occasions that I've had to fall back to a sword & spell combo. Although hopefully once I've got a kickass bow and levelled up a bit, that won't be a problem.
Awesome. Yeah, I'll be mixing it up with other stuff, but glad to hear it's useful. Looks really cool in the gameplay I've seen.

Omikron

Hawkian said:
There's only one EST! That's why there's an S?

If I'm wrong about this it will blow my mind.

Eastern Standard Time would complete depend on where you are located. Officially in Australian it is AEST, but we always drop the A, hence confusion for all.

Sutton Dagger said:
Nope, based on region. So we get to play it Friday 12:01AM, AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! :)

Amazing, but don't quite believe it. :p

Wallach

Omi said:
Eastern Standard Time would complete depend on where you are located. Officially in Australian it is AEST, but we always drop the A, hence confusion for all.

I'm aware of AEST; I'm referring to UTC -5 not UTC +10. Leave it to Australia to fuck everything up!

But yeah, it's region-based from what they've said. I know even in the US which covers four time zones, they are using 12 AM EST for the whole country, so on the west coast it'll unlock at 9 PM PST on the 10th.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Bootaaay said:
Yeah, you can get arrows back from dead enemies, although like Oblivion you won't get all of them back (however, there is a perk that lets you get more than normal). And as for arrows being rare, I've never come close to running out (except after fighting a dragon), quite a few blacksmiths and random traders sell them.

So awesome!

I was totally bumed out that I couldn't roll a "ranger" type class. But then I totally forgot about the PERKS in this game.

My body has never been this ready.

Skyrim_-_Iron_Arrows.jpg

GreekWolf

Wow, Bootaay only level 13 with 23 hours played.

If the rumors are true (I think from the PC Gamer preview) that your character maxes out at level 70, then this might be the only RPG I'll need until 720/PS4 hits. lol

Darkgran

Jadedx said:
I should not have watched those 3 gameplay videos on xbox live, now I have a massive hard on for this game.

I have had a hard on since they announced it. Maybe I should see a doctor?

Complistic

So it sounds like they borrowed the underground hideout mod sorting feature for their bookshelf.

They borrowed more than that, it's just that's the latest. I'm also totally cool with it, now it doesn't need to be modded in.

zethren

Banned
Gravijah said:
do you still get to name your class?

also i can't wait to mine and chop wood

CHOPPIN' WOOD URRDAY

I don't think so, as you don't really choose a class. You just kind of become what you do.

abundant

GreekWolf said:
Wow, Bootaay only level 13 with 23 hours played.

If the rumors are true (I think from the PC Gamer preview) that your character maxes out at level 70, then this might be the only RPG I'll need until 720/PS4 hits. lol
Most people won't reach the hardcap because to do so would require you to grind skills that you would normally not use, unless you plan on utilizing all 18 skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom