• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

daebo

JumpingTheGun said:
Is anyones local GS doing a midnight release? I know mine is. Its gonna be a long fucking Thursday. Bust my ass at work, come home and attempt to sleep til 1130 and then remain awake until sunrise or I pass out from excitement and exhaustion. Four day weekend FTW.

This is my weekend too. Can't freaking wait.

DangerStepp

The first thing I'm doing is going to the local pub, sitting down, and I'm going to try to pick up on every woman that comes in.

I'll be the first to know if there's nudity in the game.

I borrowed a friend's PC version of Oblivion a couple weeks ago in anticipation for this.. Never played it before but I always wanted to.
My PC doesn't run it too well (motherboard GPU fail) but it's been decent playing it to pass time until this Friday.

I am so exciteeee

Geoff9920

A dunmer focusing on stealth and magic seems like the way to go for me. Can't wait. :) The department of the navy was even kind enough to give us off for Veteran's Skyrim Day.

ced

DangerStepp said:
The first thing I'm doing is going to the local pub, sitting down, and I'm going to try to pick up on every woman that comes in.

Might as well kill them afterwards.

Timber

MWgi6.png

smiley-sunglasses.gif

Echoplx

So.. This could just be me looking into things too much but earlier one of the RPS fellows tweeted a pic of him downloading Skyrim on Steam and just now he asked for help with an unreleased game that is crashing on startup...

ibw92fpbMzbFxm.jpg

ibl80gdNFChRZX.png

Fjordson

Lakitu said:
Well, I'm still installing. The issues seem to be with the textures on our character. I hope Bethesda clears this up.
Yeah, I guess I'll install as well still. Sucks though. Seems like a noticeable difference. So weird.

Quick question: the talk about armor being more simplified this time around; does that mean there won't be any gauntlets? Chest plates and greaves are combined, but can I just rock gloves?

matics said:
Quick question: the talk about armor being more simplified this time around; does that mean there won't be any gauntlets? Chest plates and greaves are combined, but can I just rock gloves?
Yep. You've got armor, boots, gauntlets and helmets.

Woorloog

Banned
matics said:
Head, armor, feet and hands are the armor slots. Greaves and chest are in armor.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
blahblah...blah said:
I only ever seem to play as Imperial. Khajits suit my play-style far more, but somehow I can't get my head round playing as a cat!

yea i don't even consider race abilities. i played redguard in morrowind (battlemage) and i'll do it again in skyrim (ranger). closest i can get to have my character look like me (south asian dude)

3chopl0x said:
So.. This could just be me looking into things too much but earlier one of the RPS fellows tweeted a pic of him downloading Skyrim on Steam and just now he asked for help with an unreleased game that is crashing on startup...

ibw92fpbMzbFxm.jpg

ibl80gdNFChRZX.png

Nice everything seems good a bethesda without bugs or glitches dont make me laugh :p

Lakitu

st5fu
Wired.com - Skyrim DLC Article / Interview with Todd Howard

“We’re not going to be doing a lot of it. Our high-level thinking is that there’ll be not as many [pieces of DLC], but they’ll be bigger and more substantial,” he said. “The goal overall is not necessarily to put out more content, but to make the game better.”

Howard says he doesn’t know if the downloadable content will be limited to new levels, or if the developer might use it to overhaul the game’s core features and mechanics, too.

stufte

Is there any definitive word on being able to slay homeowners and take over their homes?
I know you can purchase certain homes that come with upgrades, but will I be able to kill someone and store my stuff/sleep in their bed without worrying about my stuff disappearing?

Seep

burgervan said:
Can anyone tell me if there are water-based enemies like killer fish or eels? If so, I'll be avoiding water as if my real life depended on it.
Slaughter fish can fuck you up pretty quick in a group.

ced

JumpingTheGun said:
jesus christ dude. sadistic much?

My characters in Morrowind / Oblivion we're always kleptomaniac murders, I hope that it is not a reflection of my true inner self.

I saw someone who described their characters as serial killers so that makes me feel better lol.

KingK

I think I've convinced myself to be a stealthy Bosmer ranger named Bloodraven on my first playthrough. I just spent like an hour trying to decide what to be, lol.

Also, once again, anyone looking for a good list of race bonuses and abilities, you can see them right here

stufte

ced said:
My characters in Morrowind / Oblivion we're always kleptomaniac murders, I hope that it is not a reflection of my true inner self.

I saw someone who described their characters as serial killers so that makes me feel better lol.

Pretty much. Though only if they have a sweet tunic on.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Has anyone been this pumped for a game in a long time? The last one I was seriously crazy gaga for was Bioshock 2....and yeah...

Solo

FINALBOSS said:
Has anyone been this pumped for a game in a long time? The last one I was seriously crazy gaga for was Bioshock 2....and yeah...

Multiple times this year, in fact. 2011 might be the best year in gaming ever for my tastes.

ced

stutte said:
Pretty much. Though only if they have a sweet tunic on.

That or if they look funny or say the same shit over and over, a lot of murdering done in Oblivion...a lot.

KingK

Solo said:
Multiple times this year, in fact. 2011 might be the best year in gaming ever for my tastes.

Yeah, 2011 has been fucking great. Just in the last month, we've gotten Batman, Uncharted 3, and now Skyrim.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
FINALBOSS said:

The Witcher 2, DoTA 2, Tribes, and soon Skyrim.

Those have been the games that have been constantly reminding me that I am not 15, and should stop jumping around in my chair like one.

FINALBOSS said:

My most recent out of control hype level was for MvC3.. And before that, Halo: Reach.
I'm really not gonna have a social life after Friday.

edit:
ced said:
That or if they look funny or say the same shit over and over, a lot of murdering done in Oblivion...a lot.
AKA everyone? Lol..

GhaleonEB

Am I the only one not really thinking about the starting bonuses? I'm probably going to build my character from the class that looks the closest to the character I have in my head, regardles of starting stats. A few levels in I'll have that character bending the direction I want to play.

Right now I'm guessing wood elf, but we'll see how they look in the character creator.

woober

FINALBOSS said:

RPG-wise? This year has been amazing...

The Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR, and Xenoblade, to name a few. Can't wait to add Skryim to that list. : )

I'd love to see some patch notes and a Beth comment on the HDD/disc texture issue.

I never understand when devs release a patch but don't make notes available anywhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FINALBOSS said:
Nah. I'm really looking forward to it, but personally, Saint's Row has all my hype for the rest of the year.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm in the ESV thread, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom