• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrunner

CyReN said:
Ldovm.jpg

Wait until you see it..

A warhammer 40k RPG?!
eldar2.gif

weeskwee

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
Has anyone been this pumped for a game in a long time? The last one I was seriously crazy gaga for was Bioshock 2....and yeah...

I only ever get this pumped for an Elder Scrolls game. After the greatness of Morrowind, I was super pumped for Oblivion. But that wasn't anywhere near as good. Now this... Skyrim looks epic. CAN'T WAIT! took the day off work. :)

GhaleonEB said:
Am I the only one not really thinking about the starting bonuses? I'm probably going to build my character from the class that looks the closest to the character I have in my head, regardles of starting stats. A few levels in I'll have that character bending the direction I want to play.

Right now I'm guessing wood elf, but we'll see how they look in the character creator.

Same, I'm going for looks, but that command animal power is my other reason.
Planning on setting some wolves loose on people.

Izayoi

Banned
weeskwee said:
I only ever get this pumped for an Elder Scrolls game. After the greatness of Morrowind, I was super pumped for Oblivion. But that wasn't anywhere near as good. Now this... Skyrim looks epic. CAN'T WAIT! took the day off work. :)
The Elder Scrolls cycle.

matics said:
Same, I'm going for looks, but that command animal power is my other reason.
Planning on setting some wolves loose on people.
Is there a place that has a breakdown of all the racial skills/bonuses/starting stats/etc?

Rapture

CrocMother said:
This may seem weird but are there any pics of what a Khajiit's hands look like from first person perspective?

Im actually interested about this too, as well as if the animations for hand to hand combat are different for Khajiit.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Lamonster said:
I'd love to see some patch notes and a Beth comment on the HDD/disc texture issue.

I never understand when devs release a patch but don't make notes available anywhere.

I may be wrong here but I thought Nick Breckon said they would release the patch 1.1 notes?

Lakitu

st5fu
Piercedveil said:
Really don't feel like reading through 13 pages :p anything important been discovered in the last 12 hours or so? lol

Main topic of discussion has been texture issues upon installing the game on 360.

Rapture said:
Im actually interested about this too, as well as if the animations for hand to hand combat are different for Khajiit.

Based off a quick Google search along with my own memory the answer seems to be no.
I'm either going Khajiit or Argonian depending on the animations. I'm leaning Khajiit because the idea of my furry claws forming up spells seems really cool to me.

I know it isn't going to happen but I always felt that Bethesda could play up the beast races "animalness" a bit more. One example would be that Khajiit and Argonians could have animal-like sneak and sprint animations. Argonians could swim really fast like lizards underwater, Khajiit could have improved sprint by running on all fours, etc.

KingK

Izayoi said:
The Elder Scrolls cycle.

Is there a place that has a breakdown of all the racial skills/bonuses/starting stats/etc?

I'll quote myself from the last page :p
KingK said:
I think I've convinced myself to be a stealthy Bosmer ranger named Bloodraven on my first playthrough. I just spent like an hour trying to decide what to be, lol.

Also, once again, anyone looking for a good list of race bonuses and abilities, you can see them right here

zlatko

Banned
Mr Cola said:
so can anyone recommend a good steam game that could last me the last few days? Im seriously jonesing for some adventure rpg type game to keep me going :D.

Have you played Magicka yet? That's a great downloadable title you'd have a blast with to fill up time until ES5.

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
I'd love to see some patch notes and a Beth comment on the HDD/disc texture issue.

I never understand when devs release a patch but don't make notes available anywhere.
The Beth community manager posted a few days ago that we'd get patch notes around the time the game officially releases. Would be neat if they'd come out early given all the current bruhaha, but they'll be out soon enough.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Maybe I didn't understand the leveling system correctly, but it seems to me that picking a race, aside from their corresponding racial abilities, doesn't have much of an impact beyond the first hours in the game, just like picking between a sorcerer/knight/hunter in dark souls. In other words, if I want to make a, let's say, mage orc, all I have to do is build the corresponding skills and eventually it will be as good at destruction as a high elf, right?

So many possibilities...

webrunner

Skyrim: Pickin' Races, Swingin' Maces

Dresden said:
High Elf mage

name: Rincewind

will toss runes and fireballs and slaughter people with some measure of remorse

I think you mean:

Will have high running speed and not an ounce of magical ability.

KingK

Dr. Ecco said:
Maybe I didn't understand the leveling system correctly, but it seems to me that picking a race, aside from their corresponding racial abilities, doesn't have much of an impact beyond the first hours in the game, just like picking between a sorcerer/knight/hunter in dark souls. In other words, if I want to make a, let's say, mage orc, all I have to do is build the corresponding skills and eventually it will be as good at destruction as a high elf, right?

So many possibilities...

Yeah. The skill bonuses of the races are pretty much just to give you a head start in those areas. Any race can be any type of person. However, each race also has 1-2 passive abilities and 1 power that can be used once a day.

ironcreed

Banned
I wonder many who have been leaking footage have their game installed? Of all the footage I have seen, I never noticed the low resolution textures one time. In fact, I just watched yet even more leaked footage and it looked fine.

Stahsky said:
We'll find out in a few days if it is still an issue or not

It has already been confirmed the 1.1 patch will come on November 11th. Maybe this is one of the issues they plan to fix right away?

Wallach

CrocMother said:
For a mage, I don't see any reason to pick high elf over breton.

They both seem pretty good. 50 magicka isn't bad since I think that's about 5 levels worth of upgrading magicka, and getting 10x magicka regen for a full minute will definitely give you the ability to go nuts in a pinch. The nice thing about that is it's a broad utility that doesn't much care what you're doing with your spells or what you're fighting. You can drop that magicka regen for the purposes of heavy defense or heavy offense all the same.

Bretons are still the more defensive minded casters; you can't make use of their greater power unless you're under fire and even then by something actually dealing magic damage. Even their passive is a more narrow utility, and truthfully when it comes to TES being on the receiving end of magic damage is not really all that common. The big question is whether Dragonskin works against dragon magic. That would make it a pretty valuable defensive power.

Of course, this is mostly irrelevant considering High Elves have soft serve ice cream for haircuts. Idiots.

Had a change of heart and going master race on this one. Will be starting with a Bosmer Assassin/Thief and all around creep who breaks into your homes and steals intimate objects.

Anyone got a line on video of melee combat? I found melee combat really awkward in Fallout and am really curious how it plays in Skyrim.

Actually, doesn't have to be video if someone wants to just comment on Skyrim/Oblivion melee combat.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
KingK said:
Yeah. The skill bonuses of the races are pretty much just to give you a head start in those areas. Any race can be any type of person. However, each race also has 1-2 passive abilities and 1 power that can be used once a day.

Thanks for the insight. I might consider building some type of crazy character like a shaman orc or a high elf juggernaut :D

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Piercedveil said:
It has already been confirmed the 1.1 patch will come on November 11th. Maybe this is one of the issues they plan to fix right away?

Let us hope! Curious to see if this does anything on the PC side of things.

Midou

Epyon MX said:
Anyone got a line on video of melee combat? I found melee combat really awkward in Fallout and am really curious how it plays in Skyrim.

Actually, doesn't have to be video if someone wants to just comment on Skyrim/Oblivion melee combat.

Even in Oblivion it was far less awkward than in Fallout. ES games are actually built for it, while it was more thrown into Fallout. Skyrim is supposed to have an improved but not crazy different combat system.

Wallach said:
They both seem pretty good. 50 magicka isn't bad since I think that's about 5 levels worth of upgrading magicka, and getting 10x magicka regen for a full minute will definitely give you the ability to go nuts in a pinch. The nice thing about that is it's a broad utility that doesn't much care what you're doing with your spells or what you're fighting. You can drop that magicka regen for the purposes of heavy defense or heavy offense all the same.

Bretons are still the more defensive minded casters; you can't make use of their greater power unless you're under fire and even then by something actually dealing magic damage. Even their passive is a more narrow utility, and truthfully when it comes to TES being on the receiving end of magic damage is not really all that common. The big question is whether Dragonskin works against dragon magic. That would make it a pretty valuable defensive power.

Of course, this is mostly irrelevant considering High Elves have soft serve ice cream for haircuts. Idiots.

Whenever I have played mage, I never come close to running out of Magicka, and on the rare occasion I come close I always have a stockpile of potions. True, it is rare that enemies use Magicka on you but the ones that do tend to be really powerful.

I'm pretty sure that dragon magic is just magic, based off the fact that there are frost dragons, lightning dragons etc.

stuminus3

BoobPhysics101 said:
Uh, which one? Or did you forget that it's a series in your rush to shit out some hyperbole?
Did you just read the most recent post or something? >.<

Eldar Scrolls is not a series. It doesn't even exist.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
BoobPhysics101 said:
Uh, which one? Or did you forget that it's a series in your rush to shit out some hyperbole?

I've missed installments? God damnit.

EviLore said:
Until Witch Hunters Scrolls comes out, that is.

Top hats > Space Elves? I thinks not, good sir.

Rapture

CrocMother said:
Based off a quick Google search along with my own memory the answer seems to be no.
I'm either going Khajiit or Argonian depending on the animations. I'm leaning Khajiit because the idea of my furry claws forming up spells seems really cool to me.

I know it isn't going to happen but I always felt that Bethesda could play up the beast races "animalness" a bit more. One example would be that Khajiit and Argonians could have animal-like sneak and sprint animations. Argonians could swim really fast like lizards underwater, Khajiit could have improved sprint by running on all fours, etc.

Ah i agree, that would be awesome. I also play as beast races because i love the hate you get from some of the NPCs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom