• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
thefil said:
I really want to try primary mage + hand to hand combat (basically the, I'm not that dangerous, come at me bro type), but I figure this combination is just not going to be supported (especially given the paltry hand to hand info thus far).
Khajiit with heavy armor for Fists of Steel, and magic. Assuming you can punch with the hand that doesn't have a weapon or spell equipped while the other one has a spell.
Khajiit because the claw attacks racial which grants 15pts damage to UA (shitty racial BTW unless you build your build around it).

Can you see a list of all the perks in-game close to the beginning of the game? I'm considering reading a list now, but if you don't find out some of them until a high level I'll wait so I don't spoil any surprises.

UrokeJoe

Why Friday?? I'm on vacation this week.

I guess it gives me time to get the hookers and blow out of my system before the weekend bender.

Woorloog

Banned
Mest30 said:
Does this game really take 200 hours? It would take me all of 2012 to beat as I don't get much gaming time in. That kinda pisses me off as I'd love a game like this.
The main quest is said to take some 30 hours. As for the rest of the game, spend as much time as you want. You don't "finish" Skyrim ever, there's always stuff to do. Open world sandbox.

so what happens if you get caught stealing and then a bounty is put out on you, can you kill off the bounty hunters and be scott free? do you go to jail or get killed?

darkpaladinmfc said:
Can you see a list of all the perks in-game close to the beginning of the game? I'm considering reading a list now, but if you don't find out some of them until a high level I'll wait so I don't spoil any surprises.
I think you can, yeah. I see a lot.

Haha, a non-spoiler fun moment here. I'm in Bleak Falls Barrow, a bit into the temple. I see a bandit before me, and decide to rush him. I sprint forward at top speed, charge up a power attack, and BAM, the game cuts to an animation of me running the guy through while I'm still running. Fantastic.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I Big JG I said:
so what happens if you get caught stealing and then a bounty is put out on you, can you kill off the bounty hunters and be scott free? do you go to jail or get killed?

The bounty hunters will probably keep coming as per assassins in Fallout (who kept on appearing throughout the game) until you pay off the bounty. If there's a Thieves Guild their services should come in handy in regards to bounties.

EschatonDX said:
spell crafting is out
I really enjoyed making spells in Morrowind but they would need to rebalance the system at some point before they reintroduced it to the series.

I had an Exquisite Amulet that I enchanted with Constant Effect Invisibility. Basically I was invisible the whole time, which means 100% undetectable, when I'd attack or interact with something I'd just have to reequip the amulet to go invisible again. I also had a ring with some insane level of chameleon on it, I don't think it was full chameleon but it was close enough that, even without the amulet, I was practically non-existent to enemies. I won't even get into my Area Effect Fire/Ice/Spark damage spell mix with Fire/Ice/Lightning Weakness mixed with Soul Trap. Killed Daedra's in seconds.

BlueTsunami said:
The bounty hunters will probably keep coming as per assassins in Fallout (who kept on appearing throughout the game) until you pay off the bounty. If there's a Thieves Guild their services should come in handy in regards to bounties.

sweet! so i can get protection by the mob for lack of a better term.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welp in a matter of hours I've broken down. Going to preorder this and looked around and found a decent amount of Gamestops in Ontario (Toronto and Richmond Hill closest to me) are doing a midnight release. Gonna book off Friday and play this bad boy.

Echoplx

Mr YuYu said:
Been playing for 1 hour and the game froze on me twice allready :-/
ib2lTknjLhqpTX.gif

Okay, I snagged this pic earlier today but only now realized I still had to upload it:
1CdWil.jpg

Other copy was for a friend, who couldn't come pick it up in time.

And then there's these:

HUnlgl.jpg

Meet Wulf. He will kill you.

R9gybl.jpg

O hai guize, I'm Dovahkiin!

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I'm thinking I'll pick one of these two for my first play through:
  • Dunmer - sword in one hand, destruction magic in the other. Heavy armor, blacksmithing, enchanting, alchemy. In the aftermath of (big spoiler *I think* from the books, but takes place prior to the game)
    Morrowind's destruction and the following encroachment of the Argonians
    , this Dunmer seeks peace and stability through the empire.
  • Bosmer - Conjures meat shields and shoots from behind. A thief using Illusion for invisibility and Alteration to reach high places. Supports independence and hopes strife in Skyrim will weaken the empire.
For my first play throughs in Morrowind and Oblivion, I went with something similar to the first option but as a Redguard instead. The events in Morrowind make Dunmer too compelling this time though.

Blue Ninja said:
Okay, I snagged this pic earlier today but only now realized I still had to upload it:
1CdWil.jpg

And then there's these:

HUnlgl.jpg

R9gybl.jpg

Lucky as shit! The jealousy is growing strong within me.

Horns

I was thinking of running by Target and Kmart on the way home and just checking to see if it's there. However, Bethesda tends not to ship their games until the very last moment so I doubt either stores would even have them in the back room.

Minsc

Gold Member
Mest30 said:
Does this game really take 200 hours? It would take me all of 2012 to beat as I don't get much gaming time in. That kinda pisses me off as I'd love a game like this.

Trying to beat TES games is usually the least fun part for me, I tend to ignore the main plot as much as possible and just enjoy the game world
and modding madness

AndrewDean84xX said:
Blue Ninja, does the game look better off the disc than installed?
I haven't installed it yet. But, just because you asked, once I'm done with this quest, I'll do just that.

And the "weight"-slider during character creation can make your character really scrawny, too. It's pretty cool.

And it was coming up on Bleak Falls Barrow that finally made me go "wow". The snow, the sound, the everything was just right.

That Dunmer's voice in BFB isn't very raspy here, though... He sounds very Oblivion-ish. I'm hoping the raspy ones are still around. Alvor in Riverwood and the lead bandit in BFB also have different voices than in the gameplay demo.

Houston3000 said:
I really enjoyed making spells in Morrowind but they would need to rebalance the system at some point before they reintroduced it to the series.

I had an Exquisite Amulet that I enchanted with Constant Effect Invisibility. Basically I was invisible the whole time, which means 100% undetectable, when I'd attack or interact with something I'd just have to reequip the amulet to go invisible again. I also had a ring with some insane level of chameleon on it, I don't think it was full chameleon but it was close enough that, even without the amulet, I was practically non-existent to enemies. I won't even get into my Area Effect Fire/Ice/Spark damage spell mix with Fire/Ice/Lightning Weakness mixed with Soul Trap. Killed Daedra's in seconds.

What you're talking about is Enchantment which is different from spell crafting.

IIRC Enchanting is still in Skyrim.

bengraven

If my PC copy doesn't get here on Friday or Saturday, actually on Friday, I'm going to the three Redboxes here in my shitty little town and get the 360 version to play until it's available.

bengraven said:
If my PC copy doesn't get here on Friday or Saturday, actually on Friday, I'm going to the three Redboxes here in my shitty little town and get the 360 version to play until it's available.

Why not just pre-order at the store and guarantee the game for yourself?

Echoplx

Seeing as us Australians get the game first on PC I'll be posting some 2560x1440 maxed screenshots :D

Might even capture some footage but I'm not too good with FRAPS recording.

Seep

Blue Ninja said:
1CdWil.jpg

And then there's these:

HUnlgl.jpg

R9gybl.jpg

Your dude looks mean as fuck, think I'll do a Nord first too.

Have you noticed any screen tearing during your play time?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I think I've settled on a Redguard Templar type. One Handed/Shield/Restoration/Speech/Heavy Armour.

Does that seem like a decent route? I'd like to also look into either Smithing or Enchantment.

Shadybiz

Minsc said:
I tend to ignore the main plot as much as possible and just enjoy the game world

I played Oblivion for a good 50-60 hours or so. Not much compared to some people, BUT: never did 1 of the main quests. ...Not one.

I need to stop reading these threads. I was resisting buying this game. I am starting to see that resistance is futile.

Seep said:
Your dude looks mean as fuck, think I'll do a Nord first too.

Have you noticed any screen tearing during your play time?
Yeah. Opening sequence had a lot of tearing, but now that I'm in the world itself, I haven't noticed any more occurences. The map has a bit of tearing, though.

Also, dammit, that
Dunmer thief's
voice sounds really familiar. I think it's an actor that was in Fallout 3 or New Vegas, but I'm not sure.

bengraven

AppleSmack said:
Why not just pre-order at the store and guarantee the game for yourself?

Got a good deal on Amazon, plus using Azn credit. I can't afford to buy it brand new at a store...unemployed.

bengraven said:
Got a good deal on Amazon, plus using Azn credit. I can't afford to buy it brand new at a store...unemployed.

As long as you got release-date delivery, I don't why they wouldn't get it to you on the 11th. I also am using this method btw.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Lets link the pics please, not direct posts!

Do it like BOOOOOOOOOOTAY
If I post any more pics, I'll link 'em instead.

Also, I'm not minding the third person killcam as much as I thought I would. It adds a nice touch to combat sometimes, and it's not all that frequent.

bengraven

Piercedveil said:
As long as you got release-date delivery, I don't why they wouldn't get it to you on the 11th. I also am using this method btw.

Very rural town. My wife gets regular UPS deliveries, but 1 in 4 seem to go astray and suddenly either disappear, get delivered to a neighbor's house (that neighbor living in Miami for the majority of the week and so not home) or to another town and address altogether.

Me, my wife, my father, and a close friend of mine have all been on the phone with the local depot because of a package that's gone astray and the next time it happens we're going to either refuse to accept UPS deliveries or have them delivered to family member in a more reliable town.

I try not to fuss too much because other than this house, I've never had an issue with UPS,even living in rural areas before in the middle of fucking no where. FedEx and me are a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom