• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit! Had the woman at Kmart going to get it for me, but she scanned it on some machine and came up a warrning about not breaking the release date. Stupid technology!!

legbone

i think i going to go with a nord. two handed with sword and board for back up. maybe dabble in bows and some sort of magic like fire/ice/electricity. thinking ice. so many choices.

Lakitu

st5fu
Einbroch said:
Doesn't level up your skill unless you're actually injured.

Yeah, chances are I will get injured a lot, gets lots of diseases and stats reduced. Saved me many times in Oblivion.

So, Sunrises near Riverwood? Not really impressive. It just gradually goes from dark to light, no cool lighting moments like in Fallout or Oblivion.

Maybe it's because of the region, I can't wait to explore the rest.

The map looks really pretty in the morning though. :lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Blue Ninja said:
So, Sunrises near Riverwood? Not really impressive. It just gradually goes from dark to light, no cool lighting moments like in Fallout or Oblivion.

Maybe it's because of the region, I can't wait to explore the rest.

You keep posting.

I'm still jelly. :(

legbone said:
i think i going to go with a nord. two handed with sword and board for back up. maybe dabble in bows and some sort of magic like fire/ice/electricity. thinking ice. so many choices.

Fire perk->enemies flee from you
frost perk->enemies paralyzed
lightning perk-> enemies DISENTEGRATEDDDD

I think I know which one I'm using :)

Wallach

Blue Ninja said:
Just killed my first few slaughterfish. You can't attack things while underwater anymore (which sucks, but is realistic, I guess), and there's also no visible "oxygen level".

Kinda confused, do you have to fight them while you're above the water's surface then? Also have you tried drowning to see if the HUD eventually shows your breath?

Wallach said:
Kinda confused, do you have to fight them while you're above the water's surface then? Also have you tried drowning to see if the HUD eventually shows your breath?
I had to lure 'em to the shallows, yeah. When they're dead, the current nicely laps their bodies onto the shore. :lol

And I'll try drowning. :p

3chopl0x said:
Seeing as us Australians get the game first on PC I'll be posting some 2560x1440 maxed screenshots :D

Might even capture some footage but I'm not too good with FRAPS recording.

Good man. I'll be at work waiting for 4.30 to roll, then catching the Clem7 tunnel home over the speed limit and ignoring my partner the rest of the night.

legbone

CrocMother said:
Fire perk->enemies flee from you
frost perk->enemies paralyzed
lightning perk-> enemies DISENTEGRATEDDDD

I think I know which one I'm using :)

oh wow, thanks. looks like lightning for me. will go great with that storm shout.

Timber

One thing I'm liking (no racist) is that Skyrim, from what I've played, isn't such a ridiculous multiculti fest as Morrowind and Oblivion. Most every NPC I've come across has been human (though not necessarily Nord). Seen a select few Mer. No Orcs, Khajits and Argonians so far. Seems like a more reasonable demographic make-up than Everyone Lives Everywhere.

ii Stryker said:
What you're talking about is Enchantment which is different from spell crafting.

IIRC Enchanting is still in Skyrim.
Oops, your right, at least about the rings and amulet, I definitely crafted my super Fire/Ice/Spark Soul Trap Nova spell I mentioned though.

Still though, they definitely changed the way enchanting worked since Morrowind. Being able to give yourself something like 100 Chameleon Constant Effect isn't possible anymore as far as I know. At least in Oblivion, you no longer were able to define parameters on enchantments when applying them to armor/clothing - it was always constant effect and always a preset magnitude based on how strong the soul gem was.

Seanspeed

Banned
Lakitu said:
I know one thing that's guaranteed, I will spam the hell out of Restoration spells.
Geez. Reminds me of sitting there in Oblivion sneaking behind a guard patrolling a road while spamming restoration spells in order to get my full +5 bonuses.

And to be honest, I really didn't mind it all that much. Growing up playing JRPG's means I built a tolerance to this grinding-hate that some people have. I always enjoyed that 'bum-bum' sound when I got a skill leveled up. Dangle that carrot all you like. I will always be chasing it.

webrunner

spekkeh said:
My wife just completely botched the beginning.

When you have to jump out of the tower into the farmbuilding; she jumped on the roof and got off the side. You'll live but obviously the trigger doesn't go off. After walking through the town confused a couple of times, she went back up the tower, jumped through the hole in the tower again, and only then did the other characters run towards the town. What's wrong if a few player clipping walls.

Makes you wonder if they even playtested this thing. (once you're past the setpieces, the rest of the game is great, don't get me wrong).
bethesda_lg.jpg

Skryim: Explorin' Crypts, Breakin' Scripts

Arment

My Dunmers name will probably be Valos. I just thought of it. I'm awful with names, so when I think of something I even remotely like I stick with it.

coopolon

So the game is actually going to be unlock at midnight Thursday night for every local region? That's pretty awesome, although I wish they'd just unlock it everywhere at midnight in the earliest timezone.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Who plans to join the Dark Brotherhood? The quest in Oblivion was really fun but I'm not sure I want join in Skyrim because I don't really want to become a serial killer.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
coopolon said:
So the game is actually going to be unlock at midnight Thursday night for every local region? That's pretty awesome, although I wish they'd just unlock it everywhere at midnight in the earliest timezone.

On Steam doesn't it have to spend hours decrypting after the unlock?

Echoplx

PONGSTAR said:
Who plans to join the Dark Brotherhood? The quest in Oblivion was really fun but I'm not sure I want join in Skyrim because I don't really want to become a serial killer.

Dark Brotherhood was the best part of Oblivion, you'd be insane not to do it in Skyrim.

Prodigal

Banned
Arment said:
My Dunmers name will probably be Valos. I just thought of it. I'm awful with names, so when I think of something I even remotely like I stick with it.

I'm going with my classic RPG name of Pravus (Latin for wicked/evil). My "synesthesia" also always makes me see a fiery red within those letters, with a hint of regal purple/gold to flesh it out.

PONGSTAR said:

I wonder if there'll be any way to really, really get mean. Like, a nice long string of quests, DLC for evil characters, etc. The ONLY game that I played a complete douchetree in was Oblivion, and it was fun. I'd like to replicate that experience with Skyrim.

legbone

PONGSTAR said:

yeah, it sounds like fun but it really wouldn't fit the "role" i am going to be playing. i would make a second character that was evil but i will already be putting in 100 hours already.

Chris R

Asked a local (IE not Gamestop) game store and he said he wouldn't be selling the game early :(

Going to check into two more on my way home from work today.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
legbone said:
yeah, it sounds like fun but it really wouldn't fit the "role" i am going to be playing. i would make a second character that was evil but i will already be putting in 100 hours already.

I understand your dilemma but if the game is like Oblivion then skipping the Dark Brotherhood will be by far the worst mistake you could make. Those quests were orders of magnitude more fun than anything else in the game.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
3chopl0x said:
If by hours you mean 5-10 mins then yes

Okay. Not so bad. I'm sure I had a game once that took ages and I was forced to redownload again.

bengraven

Fuck me, I need to go on white out.

Not because of spoilers but because I need to pretend the game doesn't exist to keep from WANTING to have it.

spekkeh said:
My wife just completely botched the beginning.

When you have to jump out of the tower into the farmbuilding; she jumped on the roof and got off the side. You'll live but obviously the trigger doesn't go off. After walking through the town confused a couple of times, she went back up the tower, jumped through the hole in the tower again, and only then did the other characters run towards the town. What's wrong if a few player clipping walls.

Makes you wonder if they even playtested this thing. (once you're past the setpieces, the rest of the game is great, don't get me wrong).

Game is gonna get broken, no matter what.

I always got stuck in the orc mansion in Caldera. There's a balcony you can walk out onto and 3/4 of the time if you jump off to the ground you get your head trapped in the lamp above the door...unless you jack the lamp...

but then "STOP THIEF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom