• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Emerson said:
I understand your dilemma but if the game is like Oblivion then skipping the Dark Brotherhood will be by far the worst mistake you could make. Those quests were orders of magnitude more fun than anything else in the game.

Milquetoast good guy roleplayers always miss out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Prodigal said:
I'm going with my classic RPG name of Pravus (Latin for wicked/evil). My "synesthesia" also always makes me see a fiery red within those letters, with a hint of regal purple/gold to flesh it out.
Are you a legit synesthete?

KingK

CrocMother said:
First play through with an ES game, I'd go with option 2. Except I would focus on restoration more than alteration and illusion, and go with heavy armor instead of light armor.

Alright, thanks. I think I might end up doing something like that.

There was only one time out of about 150 of vanilla Oblivion on the 360 where I almost had a game breaking bug.

I forget the exact quest, but you had to talk to a statue or something and it would break because you didn't get an item, or it wouldn't register you had it or something like that.

The fix was hilarious convoluted. I remember you had to teleport to a specific city, walk backwards a few steps, and then exit the city gate or something crazy like that. :D

Anybody remember that one?

Maybe I have better luck than most people, but I don't have as much trouble as some do with Bethesda games. Fallout 3 froze a few times, but there wasn't anything game breaking. Once I loaded my save and all my items were removed and scattered around me in a circle, but it turned out it was my roommate messing with me. Took forever to pick all my lock picks back up. lol

Woorloog

Banned
My Nord will be Berengar even though the game doesn't have spears :/
A Nord using a spear to kill dragons would've been grand thing.
Oh well.
Axe and shield and fireballs it is. No pun intended though fitting for a Dragonborn, no?

renitou

Trojita said:
Ugh I didn't realize the PC (and PS3) will be getting DLC a month late. I hate this shit.
For the amount of content in the game to begin with, I expect you'll realistically need at least the extra month to cover things.

Derrick01

Banned
Trojita said:
Ugh I didn't realize the PC (and PS3) will be getting DLC a month late. I hate this shit.

Isn't it just the first piece of DLC like new vegas? Not a huge deal really, the first DLC is usually nothing terribly exciting. Operation Anchorage, Dead Money and I don't remember what the first mission dlc was in Oblivion. I want to say it was the Orrery or whatever it was called. None of that stuff was crucial.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
When I first got Oblivion I used to walk/run epic distances before I realised you could use a horse. Ha ha... I did love that game though. Sunk quite a few hours into it.

Prodigal

Banned
Hawkian said:
Are you a legit synesthete?

I don't think so.

We all have a little bit of it in us though, some more than others. I don't see numbers as bold colors jumping out at me and stuff like that but almost every word to me has a certain mental, tactile feel to them. For example the word Pravus feels like rubber whereas "keyboard" is very smooth and almost salty. I'm also very good at remember somewhat long strings of numbers because alongside each other they paint a picture or feel in my head. The only legit synesthesia moment I've had is when playing my EQ2 Coercer. All of their spells have a sort of white/rainbowish aura and whenever I start casting I get the taste of marshmallows in my mouth.

Fjordson

Blue Ninja said:
Okay, I installed the game. Textures on my weapons seem all right, though that could be my eyes playing tricks on me.
If things start to look weird, try clearing the cache and reinstalling. Someone in here earlier said it fixed it. Saw the same thing said over on GameFAQs as well.

Zeliard

Prodigal said:
The only legit synesthesia moment I've had is when playing my EQ2 Coercer. All of their spells have a sort of white/rainbowish aura and whenever I start casting I get the taste of marshmallows in my mouth.

That's some tasty magic.

Fjordson said:
If things start to look weird, try clearing the cache and reinstalling. Someone in here earlier said it fixed it. Saw the same thing said over on GameFAQs as well.
Huh, okay, textures really took a hit just now. Ew. Might have to do that.

The Limited Editions at work:

ERKjC.jpg

These things are massive!

legbone

i think i have decided i am not going to install my 360 copy. first time i haven't installed since i bought my slim. that's the easiest solution to me. surely they will patch this if it is fixable with a patch. may not be.

Wallach

Derrick01 said:
Isn't it just the first piece of DLC like new vegas? Not a huge deal really, the first DLC is usually nothing terribly exciting. Operation Anchorage, Dead Money and I don't remember what the first mission dlc was in Oblivion. I want to say it was the Orrery or whatever it was called. None of that stuff was crucial.

I believe it is the first two.

RE: Nord names, I had a Nord named "Holmgang" in Morrowind. Whenever you were wearing something he liked the look of...

Okey, so I cancelled my Skyrim order on one website and ordered it on another (because it was cheaper) only to receive a mail 15 minutes later stating that they've sent it. HNNNNNNNNNNG.

Donat

Neo Member
Blue Ninja said:
Okay, re-patched the game. Textures look all right for now, let's see if they stay that way.

They won't. I just started the game again and my textures (on the hands) are actually worse than anything I've seen so far. Cleared the cache but that did nothing this time.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Marsipolami said:
Okey, so I cancelled my Skyrim order on one website and ordered it on another (because it was cheaper) only to receive a mail 15 minutes later stating that they've sent it. HNNNNNNNNNNG.
And the new pre-order was from....

Woorloog

Banned
Donat said:
They won't. I just started the game again and my textures (on the hands) are actually worse than anything I've seen so far. Cleared the cache but that did nothing this time.
So it is best to keep the game uninstalled until this has been solved?

PONGSTAR said:
And the new pre-order was from....
ElectroWorld.se, but maybe I should clarify that it was the former website who sent it, aka the ones I cancelled from. Id est, I know have two copies of Skyrim and a lot less money.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Woorloog said:
I'm willing to bet the way the game is compressed and streamed from the disc is why it's not working when installed. It probably can't be patched.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Marsipolami said:
ElectroWorld.se, but maybe I should clarify that it was the former website who sent it, aka the ones I cancelled from. Id est, I know have two copies of Skyrim and a lot less money.
That's pretty lucky - just refuse shipment on the second one that arrives.

Antagon

Got to say, I'm impressed with the game. Didn't like Oblivion, but Skyrim so far seems great. Much better setting, the art is quite decent and I liked the first dungeon I did as well. Combat isn't too terribly exciting though and sneaking seems to be nearly useless, but that might have to do with my skills.

Been playing on the PS3, runs the game pretty well. Some slight slowdown here and there, but nothing serious.

Donat

Neo Member
Woorloog said:

I think it comes down to personal preference. I can live with the low-res textures for now (getting it on PC anyway in a few days) but not with a loud 360. And besides that I had the texture bug without having the game installed this morning, too.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Derrick01 said:
I believe it is for the first two DLC. Also Bethesda has stated that there will be less DLC releases and more content in the DLC.

Mindman

Donat said:
I think it comes down to personal preference. I can live with the low-res textures for now (getting it on PC anyway in a few days) but not with a loud 360. And besides that I had the texture bug without having the game installed this morning, too.

Well now that just opens up a whole new can of worms...

Woorloog

Banned
Donat said:
???
FUUU!
Okay, this needs to be Shouted at Bethesda until they fix this!

So if the bug appears without installing as well, then i might as well install the game...

Lakitu

st5fu
I will have the game installed. But do you think it's me being overly paranoid if I clear the system cache every time I start the game, just incase?

PONGSTAR

Banned
Antagon said:
Got to say, I'm impressed with the game. Didn't like Oblivion, but Skyrim so far seems great. Much better setting, the art is quite decent and I liked the first dungeon I did as well. Combat isn't too terribly exciting though and sneaking seems to be nearly useless, but that might have to do with my skills.

Been playing on the PS3, runs the game pretty well. Some slight slowdown here and there, but nothing serious.
Thanks - how are the loading screens and how frequent are they? Similar to Oblivion?

my Imperials are always named Longinus (bring back spears, assholes!), my non Morrowind Dunmer are always Jiub, my Nord name is Bär, and my Redguards are of course Wesley Snipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom