• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Socreges said:
Is there any way to pace my investment in this game? Like 1 hour a day? Or will it almost definitely suck me in (I'm pretty addictive with games)? I've never played MW or Oblivion.
You'll need a spotter during your gaming sessions.

Rapture

might have gone a little overboard... what can i say i love corgis!

dovahcorgi.jpg

EDIT: Dovahcorgi lol

Biggzy

Socreges said:
Not really an option. Shitty. Hopefully this game just gets terrible reviews so I'm not tempted. :)

I suggest you start clearing that social calender if Skyrim being nominated for GOTY at the VGA is anything to go by ;)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Rapture said:

dovahcorgi.jpg
Going to have to send this to my girlfriend. Even though the little thing shit at the foot of the bed on her birthday, she still loves her.

This went from not even on my radar to highly interested.

If I've never invested time in an Elder Scrolls game will I be ok jumping in on this one? Also, have they said anything about the combat mechanic? I tried Oblivion a little on the PS3 but the combat made me want to put it away.

AiTM

Banned
What is everybody's character name going to be?

Mine will be Drake or Drakeson. Dont know a last name yet.

cory021

Neo Member
Nice OT. I didn't know the little part about the Stormcloaks and the Imperials. It looks like it won't be Oblivion's "good vs evil," but it'll have some sort of moral complexity to it. That was my favorite part of new Vegas, the uncertainty of whether or not the faction your are helping out is the 'right' faction.

7 more days o_O

upJTboogie said:
This Night theme is insane.
The entire soundtrack is goddamn amazing. Jeremy Soule is a god, and he deserves our money.

skyrimmusicsetgatefoldinside.jpg

Can't wait 'till I have this bad boy sitting on my shelf, too. The CE may be too expensive, but I'll just make my own. Still wish I could've gotten a steelbook, though. :(

Midou

Just read this on the wiki:

Players may choose to disable the HUD display including quest markers and the compass.

I hope it's true.

spirity

The Treechopper said:
This went from not even on my radar to highly interested.

If I've never invested time in an Elder Scrolls game will I be ok jumping in on this one? Also, have they said anything about the combat mechanic? I tried Oblivion a little on the PS3 but the combat made me want to put it away.

Yep you'll be fine jumping into this. There will be references to previous titles but nothing that will stop you from enjoying Skyrim.

The combat has been improved but its not -vastly- improved. You're probably going to want to check out some gameplay footage first to see if you're ok with it.

Biggzy

cory021 said:
Nice OT. I didn't know the little part about the Stormcloaks and the Imperials. It looks like it won't be Oblivion's "good vs evil," but it'll have some sort of moral complexity to it. That was my favorite part of new Vegas, the uncertainty of whether or not the faction your are helping out is the 'right' faction.

7 more days o_O

Yeah that was great in New Vegas the fact that all the main factions were just varying shades of grey.

Blue Ninja said:
The entire soundtrack is goddamn amazing. Jeremy Soule is a god, and he deserves our money.

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/skyrimmusicsetgatefoldinside.jpg[IMG]
([/QUOTE] Good I so want to find the rest but I think I'll save it for my playthrough, going in mostly fresh.

AiTM

Banned
Rapture said:

dovahcorgi.jpg

EDIT: Dovahcorgi lol

I would love a little horned helm on my corgi :)

First Name said:
Nathan Drake!

Idk if Drake/Drakeson will be his first or last name, but its going in there somewhere. Ive been looking at websites with lists of medieval names for ideas.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
CrazyDude said:
So who are you guys going to join? The imperials or the rebels?
I don't even know what they stand for! Going in blind has never felt so good.

Simo

Blue Ninja said:

skyrimmusicsetgatefoldinside.jpg

Can't wait 'till I have this bad boy sitting on my shelf, too. The CE may be too expensive, but I'll just make my own. Still wish I could've gotten a steelbook, though. :(

I finally see a couple of rips have appeared on YT to at least listen to a couple of them. Boss Battle, Ice Dungeon, Unbound. The Stormcloaks....all right I'm not listening to any more, it's making the wait worse not better.

Tobor

Can somebody Dovahkin up my avatar? A pint of the finest mead and a bowl of Mudcrab stew to whoever can.

AiTM said:

I have trouble playing role-playing games where the main protagonist isn't named Fogo Dandilux.

spirity said:
Yep you'll be fine jumping into this. There will be references to previous titles but nothing that will stop you from enjoying Skyrim.

The combat has been improved but its not -vastly- improved. You're probably going to want to check out some gameplay footage first to see if you're ok with it.

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply. The world alone may drag me into this although the soundtrack is most definitely helping out.

First Name said:
Nathan Drake!

Haha I'm going for Falco Lombardi

AiTM said:

Darakas if it's an Elf or Human character
Darakai if it's an Orc, Argonian, or Khajiit
Ducky if it's a Bosmer

Loxley said:
So just to clarify, the OST is shipping in December at some point?
*Please Note: The Skyrim Original Game Soundtrack 4 CD Set will ship the week following November 11, 2011.

Got that from my receipt.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm not sure about AusGAF, but for KiwiGAF if you purchase the game from JB Hifi you get the Official Prima Strategy Guide and Cloth Map for free. JB Hifi Exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom