• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEATER

Against better judgement I caved in today and bought it for the 360 instead of waiting for Friday to get it on the PC... I won't be able to play on the weekend and I couldn't wait till next week!

Turns out you can't switch the language of the german version to english. Maybe someone else wants to know... I sure wouldn't have spent the money if I had known :( The german translation and voice overs are pretty good but still I prefer playing my games in english!

But whatever, played 5 hours straight and got over it. :)

Probably gonna regret it again when I see the first comparison shots though... But hey, at least on 360 I have a big Screen and 5.1 sound...

So far I enjoy it more than Oblivion but it seems to be far more linear and streamlined, both of which I actually appreciate!

Didn't have any problems with textures or anything else so far so I guess the patch fixed that problem.

GhaleonEB said:
Do you know how many more active users there are now than then? I know the community has grown, and a lot, but I don't have a feel for how much given the sizes of the jr. waves and subsequent attrition. It's crazy how fast threads can blow past 10k these days.

I remember being shocked when there were over 3000 active users online, there's 6400 right now!

EviLore said:
Remember that Todd Howard video interview from earlier in the year where he commented on how he couldn't keep up with the Oblivion official thread on GAF due to its size and popularity, and hadn't really experienced that before? And that was a milestone for us as, iirc, our first official game thread to get to 10,000 replies. And to get to 10,000 replies, it took from

03-02-2006, 03:58 PM -----> 08-17-2006, 09:51 PM

Times sure do change.
Just watched that video today, i think it originated with Game Inforner.

Evilore, what are the stats on the number of members from August '06 and August '11? As other have said, threads are blowing past 10K way faster these days.

Wallach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
can i pre-load if i buy of D2D?

Yeah, they'll send you a key and you should be able to pre-load through Steam now (or through their own pre-load service according to other GAFers earlier).

Derrick01 said:
Yessss finally the preload's up.

speed is fucking pathetic though. Not even 100kb/s.

Yeah, I'm getting 700 kB/s and I normally get 2-2.5 MB/s.

Complistic

I think D2D's preload started an hour ago. But you're still using steam so unless you have a coupon or something why don't you buy from steam?

It is almost time. I can smell it!

The following products have been shipped:

1 x The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Pre-order edition (Xbox 360), 129.99

1 x The Infernal City: An Elder Scrolls Novel **Skyim Pre-order Bonus**, 0.00

1 x The Lord of Souls: An Elder Scrolls Novel **Skyim Pre-order Bonus**, 0.00

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Derrick01 said:
Yessss finally the preload's up.

speed is fucking pathetic though. Not even 100kb/s.

High speed for me. And yeah it's 5.85 GB

Keasar

2 more days!

Found a good online store with a great price for a physical copy and put yesterday an order for the game. If it goes like last time I ordered from them, it should arrive the day before launch or on time on launchday.

Wallach

Aselith said:
Wow, 6 gigs for serious? That is really small.

Yeah, Bethesda doesn't typically have giant file sizes. They're not alone either, I was pretty surprised when I saw Risen wasn't even 3 GB.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bog said:
Is it weird to want to play this on PC, but HDMI out over to my TV with a 360 controller?

That's how I'm gonna roll as well, so no... unless I'm weird, then I guess you are too.

/confused

MrBig

Bog said:
Is it weird to want to play this on PC, but HDMI out over to my TV with a 360 controller?
This is absolutely the way I'm doing it. Comfort of console gaming + extras of PC hardware.

Zeliard

Haha did IGN stop the 30 day trial membership with their Prime thingy? Guess people were abusing that for the 15% off for Skyrim. :p

Dommel

I double-dipped buying PC and PS3 version today. Playing PS3 at the moment because I actually have to wait till Friday to unlock the PC version.

PS3 doesn't look all that great the first 15 minutes when
you're escaping the dragon in Helgen
. But after you're out and about in the world itself everything looks great, amazing vistas coupled with that awesome music creates a really good atmosphere.

Few stutters here and there but nothing that takes the immersion away or becomes problematic during busy fights. Draw distance of shrubs, underbush etc isn't that far but only noticeable when you're in a large open area.

On my way to
Whiterun
I wandered into
Greymoor
castle where I fought
Angis
. I noticed that just before the final blow she knelt down and said something like 'thats enough' implying that if I would let her live maybe I'd get a quest or reward. But
good ol' Steve finished her off
so I'm wondering if I missed something interesting?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
styl3s said:
I would rather have a
sharkbearpus or bearsharkpus or however you want to say it.. how terrifying would it be to be walking along water and BAM a fucking bearsharktopus jumps out

Make it happen bethesda.. MAKE IT HAPPEN.
The difference is that
playable wereboars
have been in TES before.

MrBig

3chopl0x said:
I'll personally be extracting the music from the bsa files to get my 'free' soundtrack :)
People have beaten you to it and, surprise surprise, they're compressed and certainly make the OST worth getting.
They went a lot further with the compression this time.

sweetness, i bought it on D2D. i was looking around on the CD key sites but i don't trust them to be honest. its not worth the savings to take a chance on it.

pre-loading moving pretty fast at 1.8 mbps!

Echoplx

MrBig said:
People have beaten you to it and, surprise surprise, they're compressed and certainly make the OST worth getting.
They went a lot further with the compression this time.

Really? Why the hell are they compressing audio when the game is only 6GB

Looks like I will be getting the OST

MrBig

3chopl0x said:
Really? Why the hell are they compressing audio when the game is only 6GB

Looks like I will be getting the OST
Maybe it will be better on the PC files, but I was referring to the console version.

So I have a Nvidia GTX 465 1GB video card. Everything else on my PC is up to snuff for sure. Think I'll be able to get good quality graphics and gameplay out of this card on Skyrim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom