• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being able to play the boxed version is so cruel :(

But again I like having my games on steam so... it's a bad for a good I guess...

I want to play so badly :lol

Just came upon a
Vampire lair
near the Cyrodiil border. Creepy.

Trying to see if I can't find Pale Pass. It's on the map, I wonder if it's an actual location in the game.

burnfout

WOW, some first impressions PS3 version:

- Combat feels good! I flinched a couple of time during the finishing moves
- The dungeons really feel handcrafted and original, I want to explore them all!
- Sound design is really good
- I had my PS3 hardlock once :(

Shoogoo

burnfout said:

- The dungeons really feel handcrafted and original, I want to explore them all!

Can you look the back of your case and tell me if there is more than one language on a PS3 disc?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Lakitu said:
So anybody who ordered from Game online, did you receive your copy yet? The optimist in me thinks there is a small chance of it coming today since it was dispatched last Saturday.
Didn't get mine this morning (I think) said they only sent it yesterday though.

burnfout said:

How is it running compared to the videos from the 360 version? im curious cause we havent seen any PS3 footage yet.

JoeBoy101

Maxrpg said:
PC dude, pc.

I just got into the SWTOR beta, and the day they want me to test it is November 11. Yeahhhhhhhhh no.

Same here. Might do it to take a break on the 12th, but 11th through 13th? Yeah, don't expect much from me.

burnfout

RaGMasTeR90 said:
How is it running compared to the videos from the 360 version? im curious cause we havent seen any PS3 footage yet.

I haven't seen a single 360 gameplay video ( media blackout ) so I wouldn't know.

I have seen a few stutters during saving/cutscenes though.

I will wait for the Digital Foundry or Lense of Truth verdict before I buy the 360 or PS3 version. Tempted to buy the PS3 version though because of the texture problem on 360 ( although that might be patched ).

Got a shitload of games recently, so I won't mind waiting for a few days

Burekma

If anyone is still looking for a good price (PC), gamesplanet has it for £29 ($46, 34€).

Works in Europe, don't know about the US. The downside is, there's no preload. They send keys on the day of release in the UK.

Lakitu

st5fu
Argh. What the hell is wrong with me? I know the game won't come today but I stare out the window like some psycho to see if the postman is coming. Look at what you've done, Bethesda.

Biggzy

Steve McQueen said:
I will wait for the Digital Foundry or Lense of Truth verdict before I buy the 360 or PS3 version. Tempted to buy the PS3 version though because of the texture problem on 360 ( although that might be patched ).

Got a shitload of games recently, so I won't mind waiting for a few days

Doesn't the texture problem occur only when you install it?

Biggzy said:
Doesn't the texture problem occur only when you install it?

Don't know tbh.... but on some Dutch forums some people claim that they're still having some texture problems. Problem is that my older 360 will probably scratch the disc when constantly reading from it. I'm not willing to take the risk atm.

markot

Banned
Burekma said:
If anyone is still looking for a good price (PC), gamesplanet has it for £29 ($46, 34€).

Works in Europe, don't know about the US. The downside is, there's no preload. They send keys on the day of release in the UK.
Bought it from Australia, ty!

SorchaR

Lakitu said:
Argh. What the hell is wrong with me? I know the game won't come today but I stare out the window like some psycho to see if the postman is coming. Look at what you've done, Bethesda.

Me too, and Amazon hasn't even dispatched mine yet :(

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Man, I have no idea what I will play as. I usually play a thief for the lockpicking alone, but this time I might try to focus more on melee and just boost lockpicking.

I see Bosmer and Khajit both have +5 to Lockpicking at the start, but I don't know if I want to play as either. Khajit do have one-handed +5, but Bosmer have +10 archery. Don't know if I want to go the archery route in this game though. Seems like a bit of a waste if I pick that race.

Orcs seem to be really powerful, but do I want to play as one? Hmm, unsure. I usually don't like playing as a heavy, but rather an in-between average character.

Shoogoo

Well, the french translation is disappointing (as fucking always). I gave it back and gonna wait until next tuesday for the superior english version.

Woorloog

Banned
Kelegacy said:
Man, I have no idea what I will play as. I usually play a thief for the lockpicking alone, but this time I might try to focus more on melee and just boost lockpicking.

I see Bosmer and Khajit both have +5 to Lockpicking at the start, but I don't know if I want to play as either. Khajit do have one-handed +5, but Bosmer have +10 archery. Don't know if I want to go the archery route in this game though. Seems like a bit of a waste if I pick that race.

Orcs seem to be really powerful, but do I want to play as one? Hmm, unsure. I usually don't like playing as a heavy, but rather an in-between average character.
Don't look at the skill bonuses too closely, you will gain 10 ranks of skill fast enough for starting bonuses not to matter. Besides, suppose you take Bosmer but are not an archer, there might be a moment when you have a bow and arrows and you need them, the skill bonus helps then a bit so it is not necessarily waste to not to utilise all the racials.
Racial abilities are something to consider but don't think about them too much either, most are once per day and you're going to have a bunch of Dragon Shouts that are not once per day powers, and probably far more useful and better than racial abilities.
I'm going with Nord, not gonna use light armor nor two handed weapons nor speech as these do not fit my character. One handed+shield+magic and heavy armor, kill people rather than talk to them.

neoism

EschatonDX said:
currently preloading at blinding speeds of 53.8 KB/s
fuck my life....... I have to wait til friday afternoon, too get my PC disc from amazon, which since my house number got changed it doesn't come til like 530 in the afternoon... then I have to fucking wait again.... WHY IN THE HELL do I have to download it... :( Why can't Iplay from the DVD..... it will take 4 plus hours.... :( This will probably be my last PC version I buy that's a disc... what the fuck is the point to get it if I just have to download it anyway. :/

Echoplx

neoism said:
fuck my life....... I have to wait til friday afternoon, too get my PC disc from amazon, which since my house number got changed it doesn't come til like 530 in the afternoon... then I have to fucking wait again.... WHY IN THE HELL do I have to download it... :( Why can't Iplay from the DVD..... it will take 4 plus hours.... :( This will probably be my last PC version I buy that's a disc... what the fuck is the point to get it if I just have to download it anyway. :/

Uh wat? You can install from the disk

Aon

You can presumably install like 99% of the game from the DVD, you'll only need to download 50mbs or so of executables on the day, plus however large this day one patch is. There is no way those two will take 4 hours :D

I need some help in tracking down the collectors edition guide in Europe (I'm from Holland). Amazon still says FU to me and I really really want it. I also have the Fallout 3 and New Vegas CE guides just because they are so incredibly detailed.

If anyone can help me out it would be very much appreciated. Holland is already trolling me as is with all the copies available in stores now while I anxiously await my Amazon order.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Lakitu said:
So anybody who ordered from Game online, did you receive your copy yet? The optimist in me thinks there is a small chance of it coming today since it was dispatched last Saturday.

Mine was dispatched Sunday (from GAME) and has not arrived yet :(

neoism

Aon said:
You can presumably install like 99% of the game from the DVD, you'll only need to download 50mbs or so of executables on the day, plus however large this day one patch is. There is no way those two will take 4 hours :D
AWESOME>>> :p: :D

I bought New Vegas, and I just put the key in, and steam downloaded it took 3 hours plus..... I didn't know you could install from the disc... thanks :p <3

also I probably should change my server on steam for faster downloading...

nicoga3000 said:
Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a max level/max number of perks you can earn?
You earn 1 perk per level. There's a level soft cap of 50, which means once you hit that it gets much harder to level up to the maximum level of 70.

Well, this day certainly is eventful. HEAVY NON-MAIN QUEST SPOILERS:
First I came upon a Vampire Lair called Bloodlet Throne. I thought I was fighting mere bandits at first, but then I came upon some Vampire Thralls and Vampire Fledglings. Needless to say, I quickly caught the Vampirism disease (which has a different name now). At the end of the dungeon I randomly stumbled into an arena, with a Master Vampire watching me combat some wolves. Went to the nearest city as fast as I could to get a Cure Disease potion.

That city turned out to be Falkreath, and more of a village than a real city. Gloomy as hell, too, with apparently "the largest graveyard in all of Skyrim". It's not that large, though, but maybe I just haven't found the rest yet. :lol

Anyway, I bought a cure disease potion and got rid of my budding vampirism. Then I encountered a distraught father whose daughter had been slaughtered by a "man-beast". The man-beast in question was still locked up inside the Falkreath Jail, so I went to have a talk with him. Turns out the guy was a werewolf (duh) who had sought a way to control his transformations. He stole a ring from Hircine (our old friend, the Daedric Prince of the Hunt). Hircine, of course, didn't like that, so he cursed the ring. Instead of allowing him to control his transformations, he transformed into a werewolf at random moments, including the time when he accidentally killed the little girl. He tried to appease Hircine by tracking down a "great beast", but got imprisoned before that happened. I told him I'd get the ring to Hircine, but when he gave it to me, it automatically equipped, so now I'm pretty much a walking were-wolf timebomb until I kill that beast. At least, I hope it only lasts that long. :lol

Worst of all, the bastard escaped after he gave me the ring, so now all of Falkreath is suspicious of me.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Antagon said:
Not mine, but this is an early outfit:

skyrim_argonian_robes_by_dovahkiin117-d4c4wtc.jpg

Minor spoilers about it:
Gotten in the introduction dungeon.
Robes: Generate magicka 50% faster.
Hood: +30 magicka.
Almost forgot: Neither of them have any defense. So defense spells will come in handy, which use a lot of magicka. It's a nice trade off.

That's awesome. I'm so glad they are thinking of magic users as players too this time around. My first character is going to be a huge muscular Nord mage, cloth wearer and all. Sure it's not the ideal race for a straight up mage, I don't care. He has been shunned by his bretheren for forgoing the way of the warrior and dedicating his life to the arcane. Now he wanders the land alone, an explorer, with no allegiances to speak of...a master of magic!

Mengy said:
That's awesome. I'm so glad they are thinking of magic users as players too this time around. My first character is going to be a huge muscular Nord mage, cloth wearer and all. Sure it's not the ideal race for a straight up mage, I don't care. He has been shunned by his bretheren for forgoing the way of the warrior and dedicating his life to the arcane. Now he wanders the land alone, an explorer, with no allegiances to speak of...a master of magic!

sounds more interesting than standard cookie-cutter builds.

Mengy said:

Nords have Battlecry, wich makes a target flee for 30 seconds, as a Mage that's pretty good in 'oh shit' moments.

Cornbread78

Man, I can't wait to dig into this game and sink another 300+ hours of my life into it. It will probably have to wait a little while because of all the other games, but damn, me wants!

Solo

Two days until I pile the bodies of every Dunmer I find into a giant "Z" on top of the highest peak in the game!

:O

I'm doing my first midnight release for this thing and then heading to my brothers for some big screen surround sound goodness. Friday will be a blissfully wasted day. I can't wait to participate in this thread!

spekkeh

Banned
Now that I'm a little bit further in the game (still scratching the surface obv.) I do think people that will play a Nord will get a slightly nicer experience, as it seems to sort of center around that race.

Twinduct

Nice, so Friday is booked off ..... epic weekend ahead of me.
Fun fact, had to do some software install on site at a client, walked past the IT room, heard the Skyrim theme blasting behind the door ... had to stop and chat :p

One guy was pissed since I slipped out that
you can become a werewolf

legbone

Interfectum said:
Can you play a Nord and still go pure stealth?

i don't see why not. can't you go any route with any race? you just won't get the racial bonuses. but i think you have complete freedom of path regardless of race.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Going to rear my head in this thread.

I cannot fucking wait anymore. However, I have to. I'm at university, I do have my Xbox with me but I'm afraid this game will screw over my results.

Probably going to end up buying anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom