• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Funny, none of you guys use Disarm, Marked for Death, Throw Voice?

As I said earlier, Disarm doesn't work on a lot of enemies, which is disappointing to me. Throw Voice has never proven all that useful either, especially as my sneak level continues to increase. Marked for Death was fine when I first got it, but haven't used it much since. At least it was pretty useful though.

Arjen

I use ice form al the time, turns your enemy into a big block of ice, really usefull if you need a breather to heal up or get some distance.

I think the city of Markath is kinda bugged for me :lol

I completed the quest
where you have to go in the mine to free the Forswarn king
some weeks ago. So today, I came back to the city to steal something for the Thief's Guild. I got busted by the guards, but they accused me of murder and treasury against the city instead of thievery. First, I tried to bribe them but that didn't work. Then I said they could take me to jail but when I did that, the guards got stuck in an infinite loop and they would not take me to jail.
The only options I had left was to disengage the conversation, which I tried, but the guards would just try to arrest me again seconds later, or kill them.
That was the end of guards existing in Markarth :p I lured all of them out of the city, where Shadowmere was waiting for me.
Then we both proceeded to kill all of the guards. When I returned to the city and payed a visit to the Jarl, he and the other invincible characters in the palace joined the fight.

Has anyone had anything similar happened to them and does anyone a way to fix this? If not, the city of Markarth will be a no-no city for me, which is a shame since it's a real interesting one.

I use marked for death all the time. It comes in real handy with some of the stronger opponents.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I think the city of Markath is kinda bugged for me :lol

I completed the quest
where you have to go in the mine to free the Forswarn king
some weeks ago. So today, I came back to the city to steal something for the Thief's Guild. I got busted by the guards, but they accused me of murder and treasury against the city instead of thievery. First, I tried to bribe them but that didn't work. Then I said they could take me to jail but when I did that, the guards got stuck in an infinite loop and they would not take me to jail.
The only options I had left was to disengage the conversation, which I tried, but the guards would just try to arrest me again seconds later, or kill them.
That was the end of guards existing in Markarth :p I lured all of them out of the city, where Shadowmere was waiting for me.
Then we both proceeded to kill all of the guards. When I returned to the city and payed a visit to the Jarl, he and the other invincible characters in the palace joined the fight.

Has anyone had anything similar happened to them and does anyone a way to fix this? If not, the city of Markarth will be a no-no city for me, which is a shame since it's a real interesting one.

I use marked for death all the time. It comes in real handy with some of the stronger opponents.

I and several other people have had this.

I ended up restarting because I couldnt fix it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I use ice form al the time, turns your enemy into a big block of ice, really usefull if you need a breather to heal up or get some distance.
I still haven't found that! Want it.

Oh and Aura Whisper is actually the one I use the most, but it's not really combat related.

GhaleonEB

Regarding shouts, I haven't been given any incentive to use any other shouts besides Unrelenting Force. Kind of disappointed in this regard.

My other character was quite fond of Ice Form, as well as Become Ethereal (to avoid dragon fire, and flee down cliffs). I used Whirlwind Sprint when traveling, and Marked for Death to scare the hell out of innocent people. But yeah, that was about it.

I just snagged that last night, but didn't get a chance to use it. Seems a little OP, if you're still able to damage any enemy while they are frozen.
I still haven't found that! Want it.
You get it during
Mage College questline. Not too far in, either.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone else, but apparently the PS3 version has copy protection on its saves. I backed up my saves to a thumb drive to bring with me to my parents' house for the holidays. I copied them over to their PS3, but when I tried to load one of my saves, I was greeted with the lovely message, "This saved data is owned by another user. Trophies cannot be unlocked and saving will not be allowed."

I guess I won't be playing Skyrim for a little while. Thanks, Bethesda.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone else, but apparently the PS3 version has copy protection on its saves. I backed up my saves to a thumb drive to bring with me to my parents house for the holidays. I copied them over to their PS3, but when I tried to load one of my saves, I was greeted with the lovely message, "This saved data is owned by another user. Trophies cannot be unlocked and saving will not be allowed."

I guess I won't be playing Skyrim for a little while. Thanks, Bethesda.

Xbox roaming profiles and Cloud Saves FTW!

Phreaker

I just snagged that last night, but didn't get a chance to use it. Seems a little OP, if you're still able to damage any enemy while they are frozen.

You can't. When you try to you break the ice they are trapped in. At least that was my experience. I use it if I have too many attackers or need a min to heal up.

TTG

I've used throw voice a bit when my sneak was very low and I didn't have any enchanted shit to help me out. Actually, I need to use a wider variety of shouts. All I really use is the force thing(hilarious), the burst of speed which is awesome and throw voice on occasion. I have slow time unlocked, which I'll start using more.

I think part of the problem is the descriptions sound very vague to me, so I end up with like 15 souls to spend and a bunch of stuff unlocked and I'm not using any of it. I have all 3 words available for both of the freezing shouts, which one is better?

Okay, this is weird. I entered a dungeon and now I'm stuck in perpetual loading. It's not frozen since the image is still bobbing back and fourth and there's different dialogue appearing at the bottom of the screen, but the damn thing just won't finish. I think I'm about done with this game. I don't even want to continue the main quest when it's freezing up every time I play. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a decent auto-save, but now I'm going to be set back ~20 minutes, again.

Bathesda knows how to make a fun game. It's a damn shame they just can't make a functional one.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Shouts have pretty much replaced magic for me. I rotate between Aura Whisper, Slow time, and Marked for Death for pretty much every combat scenario, I might throw in a Fire Breath just for fun against weaker enemies.

I don't think I will run into the same issue with my cannibal companion.

Wish you could marry her - she's pretty cool. Annekke Crag-Jumper is awesome, too. All the best men/women are unmarriable.

Okay, this is weird. I entered a dungeon and now I'm stuck in perpetual loading. It's not frozen since the image is still bobbing back and fourth and there's different dialogue appearing at the bottom of the screen, but the damn thing just won't finish. I think I'm about done with this game. I don't even want to continue the main quest when it's freezing up every time I play. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a decent auto-save, but now I'm going to be set back ~20 minutes, again.

Bathesda knows how to make a fun game. It's a damn shame they just can't make a functional one.
Happens to me all the time on PS3. I don't know if the load ever finishes or not. I just restart the game - faster than waiting for it to finish.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wish you could marry her - she's pretty cool. Annekke Crag-Jumper is awesome, too. All the best men/women are unmarriable.

Wiki said:
Notes

-She has the same voice actress as Lydia.
-Due to this, if you use the addfaction command to make her marriable, she will use Lydia's marriage dialogue, and thus have a fully voice acted ceremony. However, this may be a bit awkward because she already has a husband.
hehe

Thing is, the TES wikia said Annekke was a potential spouse, then I go investigate and find out she has a husband. I'm all like "Oh, I'll get to rob this guy of his hot wife!"...should have just taken the hint, wiki was dead-wrong. The shame of it is, you can marry her daughter (who looks nice, but she's boring as a rock), and mother and daughter look to be about the same age.

Annekke sounds like she really wants to escape her mundane life, too. Wish I was on PC so I could force marriage.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, my game has officially gone down the shitter.

For some reason, just as I was able to leave Temple of Xrib and used a lever, I accidentally pressed B. Now my character is completely stuck, no movement, nothing. Can't even go into first person, nothing works except for the start menu. The bitch of it is that it goes back to earlier saves as well, including my first ever save. So that's 220 hours and now this... I wouldn't be so disappointed if I didn't have more to do and discover, as well as the fact I will use this character for DLC but that seems impossible now. Fuck.

Who's her daughter?

I think I'm still leaning toward Senna for now.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sylgja

She's really nothing like her mom at all, and since she's not a follower she'll be stuck in her crappy miner clothes for the rest of your life.

Shitty thing about Senna, and about all the other Dibella priestesses, is that they never move in with you. If she's not a follower and she never moves in, she's just another NPC. Hope you live in Markarth, else you'll only see her once in a blue moon.

For some reason, just as I was able to leave Temple of Xrib and used a lever, I accidentally pressed B. Now my character is completely stuck, no movement, nothing. Can't even go into first person, nothing works except for the start menu. The bitch of it is that it goes back to earlier saves as well, including my first ever save. So that's 220 hours and now this... I wouldn't be so disappointed if I didn't have more to do and discover, as well as the fact I will use this character for DLC but that seems impossible now. Fuck.

That's... Really weird. Really really weird. Did you try quitting out of the game?

So why are you stuck? Is this a necessary dungeon? Is there no way back out of the dungeon, through the entrance? I can't remember the Temple of Xrib.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sylgja

She's really nothing like her mom at all, and since she's not a follower she'll be stuck in her crappy miner clothes for the rest of your life.
Yeah, blah. You should really be able to give your wife stuff! You'd think they'd welcome the chance to be spoilerd
Shitty thing about Senna, and about all the other Dibella priestesses, is that they never move in with you. If she's not a follower and she never moves in, she's just another NPC. Hope you live in Markarth, else you'll only see her once in a blue moon.

Wiki said:
-Once married, Senna will not ask you where you want to live. She can be found wandering Markrath or in the Temple of Dibella. Every time you try talking to her, she will give you default conversations, whereas mutual living will not be mentioned at all.
However if the player talks to her before she leaves the wedding ceremony, she will in fact ask where the player would like her to live. She takes a while to get to her new home, but runs a store from it without asking and gives half the proceeds to the player.
aha!

I haven't even considered getting married yet. I've got the amulet you need to initiate the process, but I haven't even taken the time to check out the hot ladies of Skyrim to see who I should be shacking up with.

I suppose I'll get around to it once my adventuring days are nearing an end, and my character is looking to settle down. For now, there are just too many things to see and do, and she'd probably just end up a widow. ;)

Yeah, blah. You should really be able to give your wife stuff! You'd think they'd welcome the chance to be spoilerd

aha!
Oh! I did not know that - wonder if it applies to all the Dibellans. One of them is the only Redguard who can be married in the entire game...

I haven't even considered getting married yet. I've got the amulet you need to initiate the process, but I haven't even taken the time to check out the hot ladies of Skyrim to see who I should be shacking up with.

I suppose I'll get around to it once my adventuring days are nearing an end, and my character is looking to settle down. For now, there are just too many things to see and do, and she'd probably just end up a widow. ;)
Find a wife who can adventure with you, like Aela, Mjoll, Jenassa, etc. Best of both worlds.

Lakitu

st5fu
That's... Really weird. Really really weird. Did you try quitting out of the game?

Just tried that and it worked. Odin lives! I exited out into the main menu and it still didn't work. Just now I restarted my Xbox it works. Phew.

So why are you stuck? Is this a necessary dungeon? Is there no way back out of the dungeon, through the entrance? I can't remember the Temple of Xrib.

Temple of Xrib is a Dwemer dungeon near Azura's Shrine but only it starts out as 'Sightless Pit.' It's hard to explain what happened without posting a video, but I actually just couldn't move, the camera perspective wasn't moving and I couldn't do anything. It was just completely frozen only the music was playing in the background and any animations were still going. Not sure what that was about but it's ok now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't know there was more than one priestess of Dibella you could marry. From what I understand they're sort of almost guaranteed to be freaks.

Just tried that and it worked. Odin lives! I exited out into the main menu and it still didn't work. Just now I restarted my Xbox it works. Phew.

Wulf couldn't leave his battle bro stuck in eternal damnation, now could he?

Also came up with a pretty badass backstory for Rolf the Badass Altmer. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If the player sleeps in the house with their spouse, they receive a temporary bonus called Lover's Comfort that boosts the rate of skill-learning by 15% for 8 hours.
Um, awesome? Perhaps I shall make this a priority.

I didn't know there was more than one priestess of Dibella you could marry. From what I understand they're sort of almost guaranteed to be freaks.

Yeah, pretty much. The "Dibellan Arts", so to speak are just freaky sex. No complaints from me.

But yeah, I think you can marry all the Dibellan Priestesses - pick your favorite:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Senna
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Anwen
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Orla

Um, awesome? Perhaps I shall make this a priority.
I'm on PS3, and I've never gotten this to work. Not sure why.

She'd only get in the way. As we talked about some pages back, I work alone. I don't even take any other companions with me on quests that they're not assigned/required.

Fair enough - you're probably right. You might spend more time worrying about keeping her alive than actually killing what's in front of you.

Phreaker

I had the same happen (360 version 1.3). I could not move, even fast traveling didn't fix it. I thought my character/game was a gonner. I restarted the 360, loaded my last save, and it was fine.

Edit: Oh, I see you figured that out.

I had the same happen (360 version 1.3). I could not move, even fast traveling didn't fix it. I thought my character/game was a gonner. I restarted the 360, loaded my last save, and it was fine.

What I don't understand, guys, is why you thought your game was ruined. Reloading the last autosave wasn't an immediate option? Not belittling the issue, just wish to understand it in case it happens to me.

Lakitu

st5fu
Wulf couldn't leave his battle bro stuck in eternal damnation, now could he?

Also came up with a pretty badass backstory for Rolf the Badass Altmer. :lol

Wulf & Odin bros for life :brofist

What's Rolf's story? Damn I need to create my assassin soon.

Yeah, same exact thing happened to me. He's moving freely now, and got killed by an Ancient Dragon but it's alright!

What I don't understand, guys, is why you thought your game was ruined. Reloading the last autosave wasn't an immediate option? Not belittling the issue, just wish to understand it in case it happens to me.

Reloading every save doesn't work, nor does exiting to the main menu and doing that. Only restarting your Xbox seems to fix it. I did jump the gun a little.

Had a strange bug during the DB quest where
Shadowmere
didn't show up, had the sound effects everything but he didn't show. Used a console command and all good now.

Macmanus

Thought this was kind of funny:

One of the dungeons with a dragon priest directly east of Solitude has a female mage companion that follows you through the cave. In the original version of the game she is practically naked. Played the quest on my friend's character who has the updated version and they patched in some more appropriate garb.

Noticed a number of changes like that with these patches. Specifically taking out the "arrow to the knee" line. Makes me happy I'm playing the Han Shot First version.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thought this was kind of funny:

One of the dungeons with a dragon priest directly east of Solitude has a female mage companion that follows you through the cave. In the original version of the game she is practically naked. Played the quest on my friend's character who has the updated version and they patched in some more appropriate garb.

Noticed a number of changes like that with these patches. Specifically taking out the "arrow to the knee" line. Makes me happy I'm playing the Han Shot First version.

"Sword to the chest" seems a lot more serious!

The clothing change is a little weird. Wonder if there are any before and after pics.

damnit sorry for the double post. this thread should never have left gaming :'(

Another character bio, this time for my Argonian thief, Thee-And-Thine.

Thee-And-Thine’s first escape was from an ovaloid prison secreted within a sump of rotting vegetation. His second, from the slavering maw of a predatory bog-wyrm in his quadrapedal infancy. Thee-And-Thine’s life has been a series of close calls, though none were so close as his escape from the headsman’s axe during the razing of Helgen. One need only ask – he’s been known to show off his chipped horn to even the most mildly curious. “Aye, if it had glanced slightly to the right, my brains would be varnishing the cobbles – true story”.

At one time a braggart, thief, rogue, brigand, knave – at others, a self-proclaimed adventurer and explorer of world renown. No one man is sure of this worthy Argonian’s origin, save that he hails from a nameless fishing colony on the border between Black Marsh and County Leyawiin, that he is perhaps in his early-to-mid-thirties (though with the lizard men, how does one tell?), and that his current alliances place him firmly within the Thieves’ Guild of Riften. Accounts vary, and that’s just the way he likes it:

”Thee-And-Thine? When we first met, he complimented my complexion and lifted my coin purse. I chased him for hours. He treated me to lunch a month later. The cost of the meal suspiciously resembled the sum he stole.”
~ Mjoll the Lioness, Riften

"The lizard's the worst card player I've ever met. Made me 50 Septims and a Honningbrew richer."
~ Cosnach, Markarth

"Thee-And-Thine, a true Egg-Brother. If there's an Argonian in Skyrim destined for greatness, it's him. Just don't let him get distracted."
~ Scouts-Many-Marshes, Windhelm

One of the most enduring mysteries about this elusive figure is his name. By all accounts, he stopped using his Sahxleel name in Black Marsh, opting for a more easily-pronounced Tamrielic descriptor when he first began his wandering. Whether "Thee-And-Thine" is the first name he chose, or if he goes by other aliases in other provinces of Tamriel, is unknown. Some have speculated that it's a testament to his charming, outgoing nature. Other have speculated that it's a comment on his craven disregard for personal property. "My name? I don't know. Perhaps it has some deeper, philosophical meaning. Perhaps I'm smarter than I look! This is all just speculation, however."

Thee-And-Thine's travels have ranged him all across the Tamrielic continent, ranging from the noisome growth of Deep Blackmarsh, to the sun-scorched Alik'r Desert of Hammerfell. His constant companions on his travels include his trusty water-treated travel bag, his trusty bow and quiver, and his mace, the aptly named "Blackout". "Some question my decision to use a mace for wet-work, where others in my 'profession' would use a dagger or poison. I tell them 'Have you ever seen someone get up after taking a mace to the head?' A foe stuck with a dagger may fight back before he bleeds out. A crushed skull or concussion is as good a means as any."

Thee-And-Thine shares his life with a close-knit assemblage of friends and associates. The Thieves of Riften take him in as family. The bards of Solitude wait with bated breath for his occasional visits and (slightly fabricated) tales of high adventure. Guards are sure to keep an eye on his easy gait, but know it's a fight they couldn't hope to win. Thee-And-Thine's heart belongs to his partner Derkeethus, an Argonian miner-turned-adventurer, rescued by 'Thine from the reeking bowels of a Falmer midden.

"He says he keeps me around because I'm the only lizard willing to put up with his antics. Truth is, he keeps me around for my cooking. Couldn't fry a fish to save his tail."
~ Derkeethus, Darkwater Crossing

Hearsay is hearsay, and the only way to be sure of this adventurer-thief is to meet him in person. Whether over drinks at the Ragged Flagon or at the head of a mace is a personal choice not to be taken lightly.

No, you're still limited to casting up to 2 summons with the Twin Souls perk.

If you want more, there's:

-
A Ritual Stone, which revives unlimited amount of dead bodies once a day for a fixed amount of time.
-
A shout from main quest.
-
I believe there was a certain guild's power as well but I don't recall exactly what at the moment.

That's lame. I don't see the point of the master conjuration spell then. I was hoping to build an army worth of Skyrim!

Do you know what Dremora lords are counted as? Undead or Antoarchs. I'm trying to see which tree to go up to get the twin souls perk. The reason being, the left tree requires an extra perk.

That's lame. I don't see the point of the master conjuration spell then. I was hoping to build an army worth of Skyrim!

Do you know what Dremora lords are counted as? Undead or Antoarchs. I'm trying to see which tree to go up to get the twin souls perk. The reason being, the left tree requires an extra perk.

They're definitely not undead. They shouldn't count as atronachs, either (because, lore-wise, they're not atronachs). This is a good question. It'd be a shame to invest in undead/atronach-specific perks for the master summons to not be effected by either.

Top Bottom