• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Empire in Star Wars: Outlaws works like the cops in GTA

StereoVsn

I think it’s complicated. I do think that Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau could potentially hit those heights as they have come close before, but I also feel that they would need help doing so, and they would also need the factory-like schedule of show releases to finally slow down for this to happen.

Also, if Disney were smart about this, they would be utilizing some of the writers behind multiple Star Wars Visions episodes. That show made it very clear that there are other creatives out there who are hungry to share and tell their own unique star wars stories, but they’re having to condense these ideas into a single 30-40 minute disconnected episode, because that’s the most that Disney will offer them.
This could never happen with modern Disney because everything they make is for “Modern Audiences” with the accompanying messaging.

There is no storytelling left in Star Wars due to people running the property. Andor was pretty good (sneaked in somehow), Mandolorian Season 1 has been alright (2 was meh and it’s all downhill from there), but other than that it’s all been trash.

Let's hope they don't decide that it is just too much work to implement this before release. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I haven't spent much time with GTA, this will be new to me even if the mechanics behind it aren't the best.

Tbh I was really expecting this game to be a bit more ambitious. Every time I see anything on this game I just can’t escape the sense that a lot of things were cut or scaled back. Which is disappointing

Let's hope they don't decide that it is just too much work to implement this before release. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I haven't spent much time with GTA, this will be new to me even if the mechanics behind it aren't the best.
If the games coming out in August it’s been done for a while, and the last several months would be just QA and polish.

I don't think CP2077 was ever meant to be like GTA. They just caved into crybabies on the internet and allowed that to force their design.

I think they were the ones that originally sold those ideas to the public and then back peddled on it when they couldn't get it done. Or at the very least they put forward the idea that the game was so revolutionary that the audience believed anything good from any similar game must be in there. Not sure what the early statements were regarding the police thing directly.

Last edited:
George Lucas made them space Nazis for a reason. Its because Star Wars was a story about good heroes defeating bad guys.
Don't make Star Wars into something that it isn't.
...And then he literally expanded on that with his own prequel trilogy and TV shows, unless you guys are going to be extremely selective about which works from George Lucas counts.

This could never happen with modern Disney because everything they make is for “Modern Audiences” with the accompanying messaging.
There is no storytelling left in Star Wars due to people running the property.
Andor was pretty good
Mandolorian Season 1 has been alright
I mean...you just said it could never happen and then listed two modern-SW shows where it happened 🤷‍♂️

diffusionx

Gold Member
STAR-W2.jpg
why does this game star everyone's aunt circa 1985?

StereoVsn

...And then he literally expanded on that with his own prequel trilogy and TV shows, unless you guys are going to be extremely selective about which works from George Lucas counts.

I mean...you just said it could never happen and then listed two modern-SW shows where it happened 🤷‍♂️
Mando got “corrected” and Andor was a fluke. I don’t see anything interesting actually being created in SW franchise unless the current management gets the boot.

Top Bottom