• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

Nibel

I need some horror/survival game right now until this comes out, is Revelations a good game and a good PC port?

Revelations is a really weird game.

The Jill segments are straight-up survival horror; there's a lack of variety in enemy design, but her campaign has a great horror flair and is easily the best of them. But there aren't many Jill segments.

The rest.. is really bad in my opinion. It encapsulates my exact problems with the franchise I currently have. Too much time wasted on boring side-characters and too much ridiculous action that kills any feel of horror you've built up in the Jill levels.

I would rather recomment something else, but if you have it you can give it a shot. I for one think it's a overall mediocre game.

derFeef

Revelations is a really weird game.

The Jill segments are straight-up survival horror; there's a lack of variety in enemy design, but her campaign has a great horror flair and is easily the best of them. But there aren't many Jill segments.

The rest.. is really bad in my opinion. It encapsulates my exact problems with the franchise I currently have. Too much time wasted on boring side-characters and too much ridiculous action that kills any feel of horror you've built up in the Jill levels.

I would rather recomment something else, but if you have it you can give it a shot. I for one think it's a overall mediocre game.

Thanks (the rest of you too!)
I have not bought it yet, guess I will search for something different.

Oh wow there is a huge difference between the intro scene from the Eurogamer Expo video last year and the GameInformer video preview.

More detailed enviroments, better lighting and even different geometry and character models.

I will try and get a gif comparison up.

-MD-

The Jill segments are straight-up survival horror

Wot

mfw_mom_says_its_time_to_turn_off_pc-26231.gif

Oh wow there is a huge difference between the intro scene from the Eurogamer Expo video last year and the GameInformer video preview.

More detailed enviroments, better lighting and even different geometry and character models.

Oh baby lol

-MD-

Gimme dat gif.

Guys - try to put this sort of advancement with all old footage we still have from last year. Top is 11 month old footage that debuted at the Eurogamer Expo last year. Bottom is a from a recent preview.

oufmlr.gif

dfnoyo.gif

AsfaeksBR

It is, but I don't know the time off the top of my head.

Edit: 18-21

Thanks, really looking forward to see if there's really going to be a demo!

Guys - try to put this sort of advancement with all old footage we still have from last year. Top is 11 month old footage that debuted at the Eurogamer Expo last year. Bottom is a from a recent preview.

oufmlr.gif

dfnoyo.gif

What really strikes me about this comparison is how much the doctor changed, but his shadow that's casted on the wall is exactly the same!
And daamn, those are some sexy rain drops in his jacket!

AsfaeksBR

I was just watching the Generic FPS Games: How They Could Be Better video, which is quite interesting. But what stuck me was what Rob says between 0:23 and 0:42 that fits pretty well in most shooter genres is the spawning of enemies.

"Something I do find very boring [...] is the predictability of when and ehere enemies will attack from, specially in repeat plays of campaign. A key element to break this predictability is to have random spawning, both in terms of how many there are and where in the environment they're spawned"

That's exactly what The Evil Within is doing!

oufmlr.gif

dfnoyo.gif

Man I hope there's an option to keep that badass trenchcoat.

Still one goofy-ass run cycle for Sebastian. Like RE6's slower twitchier younger cousin.

tesqui

SHIIIT those gameplay snippets look pretty promising! It's also kind of bumming me out that I'm spoiling it all for myself :/ I want to be surprised, but I can't look away!

Incoming new GIFs! Enjoy. Quality isn't the best but still some cool stuff.

5xtDarFlbaJGtZpDPSE.gif

ToMjGpFTCsASbKISnU4.gif

ToMjGpuXQtN5Ntp8wRW.gif

5xtDaruULhpHK3MuyQM.gif

I can't contain dat hype. Looks amazing.

Even in these gifs it's evident this game will have great variety in pacing, with little segments like outrunning the blades and having to slide down that bloody chute.

They've changed it like 3 times so I'm confident they found the one that suits the game the best.

I like seeing my character when aiming, also we might not be able to see the reload animations when aiming?! D :

But yeah, I guess the least I can do is trust that they know what works best for the game. They've earned my trust.

Top Bottom