• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

antitrop

Boxart for this game kicks total ass. I'm passing on the PSN discount just to have a physical copy.

Something different from "guy walking towards you with weapon", I can't believe it.

Loakum

Banned
Boxart for this game kicks total ass. I'm passing on the PSN discount just to have a physical copy.

Something different from "guy walking towards you with weapon", I can't believe it.

Agreed! It there was ever a boxart cover that was in need of a steelbook cover, this would be it!

AsfaeksBR

I'll get the game Region 1 just because I need to be sure that I'll get the game with that amazing reversible cover (even though I think it won't be localized on Region 4, so all copies sold here will be 1).
But games that are made on Region 4 don't come with reversible cover. It's just white.
(at leastit's still better than european's side logo, where it's just the name of the game written on normal font. HORRIBLE!)

Yeah, it's cool. It reminds me of God Hand:
wallpaper1.jpg

TEW_profile-610x343.jpg

I'll get the game Region 1 just because I need to be sure that I'll get the game with that amazing reversible cover (even though I think it won't be localized on Region 4, so all copies sold here will be 1).
But games that are made on Region 4 don't come with reversible cover. It's just white.
(at leastit's still better than european's side logo, where it's just the name of the game written on normal font. HORRIBLE!)

For what system? I thought PS3, PS4, and Xbox One games are all region free.

AsfaeksBR

For what system? I thought PS3, PS4, and Xbox One games are all region free.

PS4. Yes, the disc is exactly the same. But the box and cover are different.
My PS3 Region 1 covers and boxes are perfect, the cover is exactly the same size. But the Region 4 covers are in a different box (lower quality) and the cover is a tiny bit smaller, but it's ugly and you can tell the difference because there's a gap on the case that keeps uncovered. I can take pictures tomorrow, if you want.

PS4. Yes, the disc is exactly the same. But the box and cover are different.
My PS3 Region 1 covers and boxes are perfect, the cover is exactly the same size. But the Region 4 covers are in a different box (lower quality) and the cover is a tiny bit smaller, but it's ugly and you can tell the difference because there's a gap on the case that keeps uncovered. I can take pictures tomorrow, if you want.

Ohhh ok cool. I was worried about my import LE not playing :p Thanks for the clarification.

Do we know of any differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions?

Is it just resolution and textures?

We assumed as much, and they mentioned shadows as well. Other then that should be the same all around so they have said but they have been pretty quite on the whole thing. Only time will tell.

I'm so torn right now between wanting to see more of this game, and the desire to not see anything else until 10/14...which side will win out? It's starting to look almost too fucking awesome at this point...is such a thing even possible?

AsfaeksBR

I'm so torn right now between wanting to see more of this game, and the desire to not see anything else until 10/14...which side will win out? It's starting to look almost too fucking awesome at this point...is such a thing even possible?

I'll keep in this topic until I can. If Tango starts to release spoilers like ambients, new enemies and such, I'll probably bail out just like Sebastian!

5xtDarG6KgYOkxBgP28.gif

I can't contain dat hype. Looks amazing.

Even in these gifs it's evident this game will have great variety in pacing, with little segments like outrunning the blades and having to slide down that bloody chute.

It's Mikami. Game could be dogshit but it would still win "pacing of the year" by a mile.

tesqui

the videos just flashes maybe half-second to 2 second snippits of parts of the game. I think I saw at least a couple new creatures And like 4 or 5 new areas of the game. A lot of already scene footage is mixed in too.

Xpliskin

You guys are ruining it for yourselves.

"When is X part from trailer gonna happen ?"

"Oh I know that new enemy will be there I saw it in the trailer"

Whoa...wha..tha hell...THIS GAME IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!! All of those folks that doubted it, shall be served Crow!

I've been waiting to use this GIF... and while I can't just yet. I'm so ready to fire away!
q0gmJhbizzdE4.gif

I still think this is nothing compared to everything the game will have in it. Though like I said. I'm done watching after that.

AsfaeksBR

the videos just flashes maybe half-second to 2 second snippits of parts of the game. I think I saw at least a couple bosses And like 4 or 5 new areas of the game. A lot of already scene footage is mixed in too.

Ok, I won't watch it. At all!
And people, please. Don't gif everything. As said above, there's a fine line between a hype-thread and a spoiler-thread.

27 days to go!!!!!!

Lucent

Ok, I won't watch it. At all!
And people, please. Don't gif everything. As said above, there's a fine line between a hype-thread and a spoiler-thread.

27 days to go!!!!!!

Another 4 weeks of ignoring media is gonna be difficult. Like, Akumu difficult.

Well, that was amazing. And I don't really feel too spoiled by watching that...just looks like more awesomeness.

Okay, that will tide me over for a month.

-MD-

Honestly, I'm pretty high so I'll forget everything I just saw in like an hour.

Except that massive fucking character spoiler, jesus.

Honestly, I'm pretty high so I'll forget everything I just saw in like an hour.

Except that massive fucking character spoiler, jesus.

I had no idea what you were talking about so watched it again and DAMNIT now I saw, I could have seen that a mile away though. :p

Lucent

I'm not sure I want to know what he's saying yet, haha! The video kicking all sorts of ass is good enough for me.

Yeah. I mean, I might forget what was said and stuff in a month, but I dunno. I really want it to feel like RE4 where I went in not knowing anything besides the village.

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not watching now. I don't want to spoil anything at all when it comes to the plot and characters. That voice actor video may already have been a bad idea. Unless she was referring to
a mistake you can make that would result in her brain being messed up or whatever she said if you don't save her or something.

Meesh

I have extremely high hopes for this. The atmosphere is dark, the enemies creepy, bosses give you that genuine wtf feeling...it's everything I'd want from an RE4 sequel and more. Please let this turn into the next big long running survival horror franchise :)

Top Bottom