• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

antitrop

Honestly, I'm pretty high so I'll forget everything I just saw in like an hour.

Except that massive fucking character spoiler, jesus.

I think I know exactly what you're talking about.

Though, I usually find these trailer spoilers are far less consequential in the final game than they initially seem.

Yeah. I mean, I might forget what was said and stuff in a month, but I dunno. I really want it to feel like RE4 where I went in not knowing anything besides the village.

Yeah it's time to close shop on media exposure for myself. I'm with ya on that. This was the tip of the ice berg and now I wait.... Ughhh it's gonna be so hard.

AsfaeksBR

Yeah it's time to close shop on media exposure for myself. I'm with ya on that. This was the tip of the ice berg and now I wait.... Ughhh it's gonna be so hard.

Slasher, you saw the spoiler.
Could you just confirm that it's about
Sebastian's buddy cop in the beginning that isn't getting any DLC? That, 2 days ago, we said it's because he'll probably die...

Just a simples Yes or No is enough for me!

antitrop

Daswatithought

SGTa3AV.gif

DVCY201

Though, I usually find these trailer spoilers are far less consequential in the final game than they initially seem.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, then it's not really surprising. There was a leak about it, I dunno, a year ago?
It clearly outlined that one of the main characters would be infected
. Plus, when you think about it, Mikami tried to
infect/kill of Leon twice (I think) in RE

Yep, and with this game, I would imagine not everything is quite as it seems. So while I see what the story spoiler is in this trailer, the same thing was implied in the trailer from last spring...I'm just going to go along for the ride.

Loakum

Banned
I've been waiting to use this GIF... and while I can't just yet. I'm so ready to fire away!
q0gmJhbizzdE4.gif

I still think this is nothing compared to everything the game will have in it. Though like I said. I'm done watching after that.

I'm totally gonna use that gif for this game, and The Order 1886. A LOT of folks will be eating some crow over that one...

DVCY201

Hearing the title, Psycho Break, spoken in the TV Spot makes me hope we get a narrator voice for The Evil Within title screen

TokiDoki

Argghh truly cant wait . Going blackout on media from here on .

Just to tell you guys I'm waiting for this game since its announcement as Project Zwei . It does look hellalot different from the early concept arts .

AsfaeksBR

Argghh truly cant wait . Going blackout on media from here on .

Just to tell you guys I'm waiting for this game since its announcement as Project Zwei . It does look hellalot different from the early concept arts .

How much different?
Could you please expand on the thought? I'm actually interested about it!

kevin1025

Banned
With this and Alien: Isolation, October is going to be a fine horror month. Can't wait!!

Now, to get it on Steam, PS4 or Xbox One...

Welp, that happened.

Really awesome trailer, but I'll join in on the warnings that they show a bit too much. Probably said too much as well, but luckily I can't understand a thing.

Massif character spoiler you say? Yeahno. Im holding off watching the trailer. I am going to join the denizens of this thread to go on a media blackout for this game. It's just worth it. Also same for PT gonna go on media blackout for that too. just wanted to say thanks to xezuru for evilling up my avatar! :D YAY

Guys do you think I should get a ps4 for this or just get it on ps3? I'm torn :/

Awesome trailer by the way...

PS4 version all the way. No way could I play this on my PS3 knowing that a better version exists, especially if the game fully lives up to the hype.

I got my PS4 a few weeks ago mainly for this and I'm not regretting it at all since I know I would have eventually gotten the console soon anyway.

What does our resident Resident Evil fan think of this game? (cvxfreak) I am quite elated that the tide is turning for this game. Those negative initial impressions from E3 or whatever game show were a bit disheartening but I never gave up on Mikami

On second thought I will listen to the trailer. Any audiophile spoilers? Audio spoilers* bloody autocorrect

Nibel

Being on a media blackout and reading like 100% positive comments about the new TGS trailer is really, really tough.

Not many days left.

Auctopus

Yeah trailer's pretty spoilery. They show something that's definitely from the later part of the game (and a spoiler if you haven't read the trophy/achievement list) and they show a spoiler regarding a character.

Xpliskin

Holy shit I'm glad I entered the thread like this
cover-your-eyes.gif

someone still posted a gif from the new footage.

Is it hard to make links to the gifs for the people who don't want to watch the damn thing ........ ?

It's too early to bail out you slackers.

Sanctuary

I had already ordered this last week, so it's not like what I might end up seeing (*trying to stay away from spoilerific stuff) is going to dissuade me from playing it, but I just went over to my best friend's house yesterday and he randomly had the Game Informer with the horror spread. The contents have already been discussed, but I honestly don't know what to believe. It's cool to read positive impressions, but that article seemed a bit too glowy, and we all know Game Informer is mostly there just to sell games for Gamestop.

Anyway, I told my friend last week that on October 14th I wouldn't be available and yesterday he told me while flipping through the magazine, if he had to guess which game it was that I was going to be getting, it would be The Evil Within. He said "It looks fucking awesome" and then compared it to The Last of Us...

Well, whatever comparison he needs to be interested I guess. He thoroughly enjoyed The Last of Us, yet could never get into any of the Resident Evil games. I guess I could just lie and tell him how very similar it is to TLOU after finishing it (although I doubt it's similar in any way aside from maybe the stealth element) and then have him play it.

Good so is not like RE4.

It was compared to Resident Evil (REmake), Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill. With maybe a touch of F.E.A.R..

Riposte

I would so preorder this but knowing my PC it will run like ass.
Mind you I have a good PC but Wolfenstein runs like garbage for example.

Reading the XBO version is in good shape I will get that one.
Yeah, my experience. I have no problem running 99% of console ports, but Wolfenstein was unplayable.

-Cwalat-

Guys - try to put this sort of advancement with all old footage we still have from last year. Top is 11 month old footage that debuted at the Eurogamer Expo last year. Bottom is a from a recent preview.

oufmlr.gif

dfnoyo.gif

Wow. Speechless.

Do you know of any advancements in terms of how optimized it is?

Framerate and resolution?

Top Bottom