• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

AsfaeksBR

The locations are a bit creepier (won't spoil all of them, but they include a church and a subway system, for example), as I want to say stuff but just trust me, the DLC Extraction Points on a personal level is one of my favorite parts of the series and had a pretty strong horror element.

Horror games in churches always makes me scared.
From all places, Church is one that we are bound to think it's safe from these horror. Like in the Silent Hill movie, where the church is a safe house
but in the end it doesn't matter
. I'll definately give it a go!

Maaan you made me remember I still need to finish the Call Of Cthulhu FPS.It's bleeping amazing for a horror game. I recommend getting it.

This one? What makes it so great? I'll get it in the next sale!

Xpliskin

It's too bad you cannot natively render Dark Corners of the Earth above 4:3.

Horror games in churches always makes me scared.
From all places, Church is one that we are bound to think it's safe from these horror. Like in the Silent Hill movie, where the church is a safe house
but in the end it doesn't matter
. I'll definately give it a go!

This one? What makes it so great? I'll get it in the next sale!

Oh now I remember.

Actually the game crashes quite a lot.

It's completely random, and the ratio is stuck to 4:3 like grief pointed out.

But still after the first chapters the crashed become rare.

Definetely a game to pick up, even at 10$. It's very atmospheric and the intrigue is godlike.

Oh now I remember.

Actually the game crashes quite a lot.

It's completely random, and the ratio is stuck to 4:3 like grief pointed out.

But still after the first chapters the crashed become rare.

Definetely a game to pick up, even at 10$. It's very atmospheric and the intrigue is godlike.

Yep that is spot on. Pitty the issues were never fixed. Now just gotta wait for that new Cthulu game and hope it can compare. :D

AsfaeksBR

I remember seeing (or dreaming?) that there was a part in this game that you was stuck in a house with a NPC and you had to defend yourself and the NPC against waves of Haunteds, just like in RE4 where Leon is with Luis Sera.

I think this part is going to be ridiculously hard, especially on Hard and above, because of the how scarce ammo is. You'll have to make use of clever positioned traps and Sebastian punches/kickes.

So, good luck to those who'll start playing it on Hard. You'll need it!

-MD-

I remember seeing (or dreaming?) that there was a part in this game that you was stuck in a house with a NPC and you had to defend yourself and the NPC against waves of Haunteds, just like in RE4 where Leon is with Luis Sera.

I think this part is going to be ridiculously hard, especially on Hard and above, because of the how scarce ammo is. You'll have to make use of clever positioned traps and Sebastian punches/kickes.

So, good luck to those who'll start playing it on Hard. You'll need it!

I'll be playing on hard, I'll be venting my inevitable frustration in the OT.

Still haven't decided whether to start on hard, or normal. I mean I think I'm pretty good at videogames, so simply beating the game shouldn't be an issue, but I also dislike getting frustrated in my first playthrough of a game.

I really hope we get impressions on how tough hard is compared to normal before release.

Could I get some avatar treatment as well pretty please :)

Udj6d0l.jpg

Wookieomg

Getting really hyped for this. Longtime lover of the RE series, and my faith in Mikami is unshakable. Repping with my new avatar. Can't wait for this!

I want to walk up to a gate and hear a long drawn out moan echo back at me.

Lol, he probably won't ape himself that hard but some REmake nods would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure the game informer said he did the zombie reveal in the same manor as RE. So who knows lol

AsfaeksBR

Any idea when Evil Within will be on TGS?
It's 1 am right now here. Any chances of me going to bed right now and when I wake up this topic will be filled with new images, gameplay and details about the game?

26 days to go!

Foggy

I'm at the point where I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a PC pre-order(especially with the 25% GMG discount). Should I be worried about wonky PC optimization out of the gate? My PC has an i7 3.4GHz processor, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 680 video card. Any guesses to how I am looking performance-wise?

I'm at the point where I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a PC pre-order(especially with the 25% GMG discount). Should I be worried about wonky PC optimization out of the gate? My PC has an i7 3.4GHz processor, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 680 video card. Any guesses to how I am looking performance-wise?

You should be golden. AMD owners can expect this to underperform, but an Nvidia card like that should be plenty.

-MD-

I wouldn't worry about it at all with that computer.

Foggy

Thanks guys! A surprising windfall of cash and the new Bloodborne trailer has me over the moon. Definitely hopping on this bandwagon tout de suite!

I am already checking out optimization methods for AMD cards. I'm running an i5 3570k 8gb ram and a HD7950. As long as I can get 30fps solidly at 1080p I won't feel like I need to run out and buy a PS4 or something crazy like that.

Halfway through a Silent Hill 2 replay now. Probably gonna jump to RE4 right after to fully get prepped. Also gonna play F.E.A.R. at some point. Only one of the bunch I've never played at all.

Top Bottom