• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

-MD-

I'm running a rig with 16GB RAM, i5 2500k 3.4 ghz, and a Radeon HD 7970... Is it worth grabbing on PS4 instead? I don't wanna be gimped because I own a Radeon card. :(

Won't know until the game is released and a few AMD users get their hands on it.

This one? What makes it so great? I'll get it in the next sale!

Oh now I remember.

Actually the game crashes quite a lot.

It's completely random, and the ratio is stuck to 4:3 like grief pointed out.

But still after the first chapters the crashed become rare.

Definetely a game to pick up, even at 10$. It's very atmospheric and the intrigue is godlike.

Careful, I just finished this game a few months ago. If you are expecting survival horror, you will get it within the first few hours with some of the most brilliantly conceived set piece in a First Person Horror game. Sadly afterwards, the "Call of" starts to show it's other meaning turning this game into a semi-action title.

Worse, the game is near impossible to play without the blue light fix patch. You NEED this. There is also an end game scenario where you have to "hack" your character to speed up twice as fast in order to pass through the final setpiece. It's this kind of bullshit game breaking bugs that really makes it hard to recommend.

Xpliskin

Careful, I just finished this game a few months ago. If you are expecting survival horror, you will get it within the first few hours with some of the most brilliantly conceived set piece in a First Person Horror game. Sadly afterwards, the "Call of" starts to show it's other meaning turning this game into a semi-action title.

Worse, the game is near impossible to play without the blue light fix patch. You NEED this. There is also an end game scenario where you have to "hack" your character to speed up twice as fast in order to pass through the final setpiece. It's this kind of bullshit game breaking bugs that really makes it hard to recommend.

I got to the
car chase when you escape the village with the guy you rescue from the prion

So far it's been all about stealth and stuff.
The thing that's great is the game only gives you hints and you have to explore to progress.

I reckon the game crashes when get your character in a weird position (in a corner for example) and the audio starts "looping", it doesn't happen that often anymore.

I think I'll continue it later tonight.

Just watched the latest trailer.

Anyone willing to "hype" my Suda? :)

Daaaaamn that dev was right about this trailer selling people on the game :D

-MD-

eSwtKK5.png

Disable the black bars? Was this known?

-MD-

Wait black bars are always ON even on consoles ?

I thought they were forced on all versions of the game but according to that guy they can be disabled on PC.

I don't know if that information was known that's why I shared it, I'll probably play the game as intended anyways.

Grief.exe

Me too. This actually gives reason to be positive about the PC version. I feared it was going to have only some very basic and rudimentary options but now it sounds like there is some care put into the PC port.

We all know why those bars are there, and it wasn't a gameplay decision.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Seeing this is the same engine as the latest Wolfenstein, and the fact that it's a Japanese game, I don't expect the PC port to run all too well at all. Might be complete shit even, but I want to be surprised. Hoping I get playable performance out of this.

Seeing this is the same engine as the latest Wolfenstein, and the fact that it's a Japanese game, I don't expect the PC port to run all too well at all. Might be complete shit even, but I want to be surprised. Hoping I get playable performance out of this.

Some of the videos that showcased it on PC from some youtubers, it seemed fairly solid. I think it might be better then you expect and certainly not shit.

watchdog

I can't wait to see how this game turns out. But I think I'm going to hold off on getting it until I see how it's running for people on their PCs. I wouldn't think there would be any performance issues since the game is supposedly running on a modified version of the idTech 5 engine. But we'll see soon enough.

I can't wait to see how this game turns out. But I think I'm going to hold off on getting it until I see how it's running for people on their PCs. I wouldn't think there would be any performance issues since the game is supposedly running on a modified version of the idTech 5 engine. But we'll see soon enough.

I'm expecting the requirements to be posted sometime soon, get that impression from the PR post on the Bethesda forums.

tesqui

I got it from GMG for 45 so I'm locked regardless of it being a stinkin turd or not.

WOOO can't wait to be completely disappointed or extremely happy over the upcoming weeks!

Grief.exe

Judging by the response console version hud and bars can be disabled as well, my curiosity has peaked

That sentence was proceeded by 'on PC,' so I don't see how you are arriving at that conclusion.

I believe Dusk did say you could disable the hud in the console version.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That sentence was proceeded by 'on PC,' so I don't see how you are arriving at that conclusion.

I believe Dusk did say you could disable the hud in the console version.
Yup, on both PS4 and Xbox One you could turn on and off individual elements of the HUD and UI, and definitely possible to play with no HUD at all.

Dusk Golem

Can anyone else confirm if Anna Tsuchiya is doing the theme song for this game (titled "Lucifer")

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/08/tsuchiya-anna-to-release-new-mini-album-lucifer
This has been confirmed to be in a TV spot for the game towards release, but no word if it's in game (though likely will be?).

For anyone who doesn't know her, she did the vocal songs for the two CG Resident Evil movies:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PBur8wv2IU
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0KgGthsfRnw

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm running a rig with 16GB RAM, i5 2500k 3.4 ghz, and a Radeon HD 7970... Is it worth grabbing on PS4 instead? I don't wanna be gimped because I own a Radeon card. :(

Have you played Wolf14 on your PC? If you can run that then you'll be able to run this, although expect to wait until AMD issues a hotfix of some sort. Even Rage would be a good indicator of performance as id Tech 5 is comparatively limited in the technology department.

Dusk Golem

Yes but I'm assuming that the actually black bars will have to be on in the console version right?
There was nothing on it I the demo. I'll be honest, it's noticeable for a small bit and when watching, but I at least hardly noticed the bars when playing and do help make things feel claustrophobic.

Hm, this black bar stuff was news to me, I didn't even know it was in the game in the first place, I'll probably disable it too.

That's the thing, it's in all the trailers and footage but yeah.... people tend to not notice. I know I'll just not even pay attention after a certain point. RE4 originally was the same way.

Lucent

That's the thing, it's in all the trailers and footage but yeah.... people tend to not notice. I know I'll just not even pay attention after a certain point. RE4 originally was the same way.

And Dragon's Dogma. I don't think I ever completely blank them out, but you do forget about them when you're immersed. Sort of like the bezzel of your TV. lol

Top Bottom