• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FINAL FANTASY I-VI COLLECTION ANNIVERSARY EDITION will launch for PS4 and Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2024

spons

Gold Member
FFpixelremaster_anniversary-dcmq93366.jpg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That’s a whole lotta gaming in one package. Pretty cool.

Ulysses 31

Took that long for the official English version to come out? :messenger_astonished:

The Asia version has English text and has been available since April 2023.

final-fantasy-ivi-pixel-remaster-collection-multilanguage-747457.5.jpg

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Took that long for the official English version to come out? :messenger_astonished:

The Asia version has English text and has been available since April 2023.

final-fantasy-ivi-pixel-remaster-collection-multilanguage-747457.5.jpg
Nope, there was an ESRB release, but it sold out in minutes on the Square Enix Store, so most people didn't have a chance to order an ESRB copy.

The only version which was reprinted was the Asian Multi-Language for the Switch (the one you mention in your post), leaving those on PS4 out of luck...

Euler007

I played all of these on my phone but hearing the music on my home theater would almost make it worth it.

cireza

Garbage ports with unbearable shimmering. Font is barely tolerable (the retro one they patched in, not the horror that is the original font). I would have liked for someone to tell me this back then before I import the Asia version. Thankfully it was on Switch and I could sell it back at the price I had bought it.

Avoid.

I'd really like the GBA versions of I II IV V and VI to be added to the NSO though.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Great to hear it's coming to retail because right now it costs about 120 dollars for an imported copy. Grabbing it for Switch.

EDIT: October is gonna be an expensive month. Silent Hill 2 and Ys X: Nordics are getting releases too. Welp!

Last edited:

BlackTron

Garbage ports with unbearable shimmering. Font is barely tolerable (the retro one they patched in, not the horror that is the original font). I would have liked for someone to tell me this back then before I import the Asia version. Thankfully it was on Switch and I could sell it back at the price I had bought it.

Avoid.

I'd really like the GBA versions of I II IV V and VI to be added to the NSO though.

Anyone else have feedback on these criticisms? Because I was initially floored by this as a physical cart release and not many games do that to me anymore...

StereoVsn

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Great to hear it's coming to retail because right now it costs about 120 dollars for an imported copy. Grabbing it for Switch.

EDIT: October is gonna be an expensive month. Silent Hill 2 and Ys X: Nordics are getting releases too. Welp!
Play-Asia has it for $80. You can buy it on Amazon US or eBay for $90. Cost dropped a bit.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I’ve never ordered from them before. When do they typically charge for shipping on pre orders? At time of order? If so I gotta wait till tomorrow lol
They charge at the time of the order. So yeah, make sure you have enough funds on the payment method you're using.

Oh, and I think I've made about 6 purchases from them in the past 6-8 months, and everything went smoothly.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Okay, but will they fix the stuttering for this release?

No. Of course they won't. It's still trash until they do.

Avoid.

It would be nice but I doubt Square is in any rush to give the rights to those games when they can sell their collection like this. I agree the Dawn of Souls content would be pretty cool to have had in the pixel remasters. Can't comment on III, IV, V but at least for I and II DoS is supposedly the definitive version of the game.

Top Bottom