• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant |OT| Co-Hop? Bunny Hop!

mitch1971

Gold Member
Looks like the devs aren't so great after all. They're walking back the Valby farm thing as a translation error. Well whatever, I haven't even done the Valby farm, and I don't really care. I still remember the great Destiny loot cave though.
j9lh0rrmk6ed1.png
Just came to post this. Oh well.
Still, hoping for some other tweeks with the patch on Aug 1st.

Last edited:
You knows it's a mega farm and not intended when the loot/gold ticker is still brrrrring away 30 seconds after you've finished the mission.

Make the most of it lads before the nuking. Lol

Pejo

You knows it's a mega farm and not intended when the loot/gold ticker is still brrrrring away 30 seconds after you've finished the mission.

Make the most of it lads before the nuking. Lol
Which outpost is it btw? I just unlocked all the Fortress zones last night.

Pejo

So just got Blair, now I have all of the "easy researchable" characters + Valby that I grinded drops for. It's such a shame that Sharen is so terrible. Hope they buff her or add a few new mod chips that significantly help her. The stealth mechanic had potential but it's so fucking slow and duration sucks so it's barely worth using it. Can't even get all 3 bombs in outpost infiltration. I want to get Viessa since I somehow got like 3 of her exclusive mods and have no ice character, but grinding for her is so damn slow considering most of her drops are from the wave based content (albion resources, etc). I'll probably wait for Hard Mode and just farm the outposts instead, or go for her ultimate version since it's all so slow anyways.

Also got Divine Punishment finished with a lucky decode from the Vespers outpost drop, so now that quest is off my list. Did the Bunny quest too, shame there aren't more character quests like that. Not that it was particularly well done, it's the same shit as the rest of the game (boring dialogue dumps, go here, do same 3 activities etc), but at least it fleshes out the characters a bit and takes your mind off of the grind for a while. It's a nice change of pace, and that solo dungeon was kinda fun because they could custom tailor it for Bunny to make sure you had a grasp on her mechanics.

How are you guys doing on the "seasonal" BP missions? I used a guide to find the records so I did that one and I'm close on the 'acquire gold' mission. The only one I'm really lagging behind in is the "kill 200,000 enemies" mission. I don't see myself beating that one in a month given my current progress and limited playtime. I think they might have set the bar a little too high on it.

Also was disappointed to find out that I couldn't get Ajax's 'free' BP helmet skin until you empty out all of the other stuff in the first page of the shop. Viessa's long brown hair on page 2 is similar, you have to buy all of the other page 2 stuff before you can buy it. I don't think there's even enough of that free currency in the BP missions even if you do them all to empty both pages of the shop, just seems unnecessarily shitty to players that just wanted a free cosmetic. Maybe the shop items won't expire in the next BP and you can farm them slowly over time, but there is a "shop refresh" timer so I'm not confident in that.

dorkimoe

Having fun with the game so far. Don’t fully understand half the stuff but it’s been fun.

Question, if I can just upgrade the same weapon forever do I ever need to replace the one I’m using?

Having fun with the game so far. Don’t fully understand half the stuff but it’s been fun.

Question, if I can just upgrade the same weapon forever do I ever need to replace the one I’m using?
It's pricey to get the materials to upgrade the weapons.

Unless you are extremely lucky and it has really great perks, I'd just junk it because duplicate weapon drops are common and you will get higher levels of the same weapon.
Get thru the story mode before farming for that perfect roll weapon.

I have been trying to get anything for Ult Lepic but no luck. I always have bad luck with RNG. :'(
Hours upon hours and then you look at reddit or YouTube, "got it all in 2 hours, hehe".
Also after playing a while the game clicks and you understand all the mechanics.
I was lost at first, lol.

mitch1971

Gold Member
New hot fix bunnys and boys,

- Module storage limit has been increased from 1000 to 1500.

- Cooldown for " Vulgus Strategic Outpost" has been reduced from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

- Spawning time between monster respawn has been increased, and the reward amount has been adjusted at the " Vulgus Strategic Outpost".

- Void Fragments will now drop when defeating monsters in Special Operation. There will be the most void fragment drops at the Special Operation "Neutralize Void Experiment."

- Using "Mark for Arrest" item obtained from Special Operation will grant ten times the usual amount of gold. When "Mark for Arrest" is used from ‘consumable’ tab, it will convert to 100,000 gold, and "High-Value Mark for Arrest" will convert to 1,000,000 gold.

Pejo

New hot fix bunnys and boys,

- Module storage limit has been increased from 1000 to 1500.

- Cooldown for " Vulgus Strategic Outpost" has been reduced from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

- Spawning time between monster respawn has been increased, and the reward amount has been adjusted at the " Vulgus Strategic Outpost".

- Void Fragments will now drop when defeating monsters in Special Operation. There will be the most void fragment drops at the Special Operation "Neutralize Void Experiment."

- Using "Mark for Arrest" item obtained from Special Operation will grant ten times the usual amount of gold. When "Mark for Arrest" is used from ‘consumable’ tab, it will convert to 100,000 gold, and "High-Value Mark for Arrest" will convert to 1,000,000 gold.
Very nice. Void Frags from Operations is amazing considering most of the things i need are from Amorph mats from those. Wish instead of module storage increase that they just made duplicate mods stack and take 1 slot. Would be way easier to dismantle/manage them too...

Pejo

Had a pretty successful "normal" Viessa farm this morning. I started with Ajax so it'll be nice to have an Ice character to do those Void towers with.

I am really down on Sharen despite loving her aesthetics, and her kit legit sucks, but she's amazing for solo farming high level outposts. Being able to take out 2-3 generators before the fight even begins is great, and her stealth works even in combat to take some heat off of you/do a sneak attack on the boss. She really needs buffs for group play, but her solo abilities (specifically for outposts) are really good.

WLYLQKj.jpeg

Mikado

Counterpoint - I'm loving using Sharen for Void/Mining SpecOps (especially now that they've buffed the wave mission rewards with today's patch).

She's excellent at picking up team mates, easily sheds aggro herself, excels at one-shotting the shield sphere dudes and has a full-screen-clear smartbomb which doesn't need LoS and also resets her cloak. I've already dropped a couple of formas on her so far - no regrets. Usually the only time I die is if someone else tries to "help" when I'm rezzing someone and they pull fire to where I'm standing in cloak -_-.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Everybody be farming for ultimates; I’m farming ‘Crystallization Catalysts‘ and Kuipier Shards for my trolly nuke Bunny (regular version just to piss off the ulitmates).
14iAVwt.jpeg
Ozp3iLX.jpeg
aTs0XYj.jpeg

Totally figured I’m nearing the end of the build then I read this stat page and pop my eyes out at ’Max Expandable Range 300%’:

EhRnbQL.jpeg

I don’t know if I can get anywhere close to that, don’t think I’ve seen the stat on equipment or exo mods at all…300% would be kill shit before you even see it, and mines already pretty close to that…like does it really go that high? Because holy shit...and if so can we expand the max expandable range since it’s a stat??? Asking for a friend 😈

They nerfed the Vlaby run but fortunately the Kuiper shard farm spot is not nerfed. Made 4 runs and got over 50k after breaking down mods.

Last edited:

Pejo

Counterpoint - I'm loving using Sharen for Void/Mining SpecOps (especially now that they've buffed the wave mission rewards with today's patch).

She's excellent at picking up team mates, easily sheds aggro herself, excels at one-shotting the shield sphere dudes and has a full-screen-clear smartbomb which doesn't need LoS and also resets her cloak. I've already dropped a couple of formas on her so far - no regrets. Usually the only time I die is if someone else tries to "help" when I'm rezzing someone and they pull fire to where I'm standing in cloak -_-.
Yea I guess you have a point. She's not great at bossing or dungeons runs, but she has her strengths and uses. It'd be boring if everyone was the same, so at least it's nice that her kit is different.

Mikado

One thing I really hope they fix though, is how spawns work.

For missions especially, there are so few enemy spawn points, they are not randomized, and the the same mobs emerge at the same points in the missions. It's extremely easy to just camp the spawns and really does make things less interesting: Right now running missions is more like FFXIV than Warframe - just memorize the spawn patterns.

The Void and Mining Spec Ops are better for this, but even the Defense SO's have pretty predictable spawns.

Warframe has a more Left 4 Dead approach where they will attempt to spawn enemies in spots that are currently out-of-player-view so players have to keep their heads on a swivel and enemies can come from anywhere - even recently cleared areas.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member

Bwahahahaha my regular Bunny troll build remains champ, just waited out the next Crystallization for my last card and grinded my next to max it….’stay out of the way hehe’.

The 3rd ability is the circular arc around the character (I consider it Bunny‘s bread and butter skill), it’s the same skill that I maxed out skill distance (at least think) with my character earlier in the thread. It’s currently 140% expansion which is just insanity but the limit from the tool tip is 300…no idea how to how that though, and don’t think it’s possible.

Last edited:

kikii

Gold Member

Bwahahahaha my regular Bunny troll build remains champ, just waited out the next Crystallization for my last card and grinded my next to max it….’stay out of the way hehe’.

The 3rd ability is the circular arc around the character (I consider it Bunny‘s bread and butter skill), it’s the same skill that I maxed out skill distance (at least think) with my character earlier in the thread. It’s currently 140% expansion which is just insanity but the limit from the tool tip is 300…no idea how to hot that though.

my build >>>

k1wDGja.png

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
my build >>>

k1wDGja.png
Ok…so what is the ‘skill effect range’ in the ‘applied value‘? mines at ‘144 %’ running ‘Skill and Expansion’ with ‘Amplification Control’. I’m guessing you are higher? The lower skill power on maximze range just turns me off.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Why Front Lines? Bunnys base crit chance is low, so it's barely increasing it
They have ‘Emergency Measures’ (literally my last card I crystalized) ) which increases critical rate drastically when leveled…they have quite a bit of crit rate with this…and if they hit a hundred enemies with a big ass arc of death RNG will kill a bunch with crit…💀

You can build on base damage or crit, but their build is pure crit, and not a bad choice; huge range and near full up-time on the bread and butter ability…they just have to stay moving with number 3 procced…all the time.

Last edited:

kikii

Gold Member
Ok…so what is the ‘skill effect range’ in the ‘applied value‘? mines at ‘144 %’ running ‘Skill and Expansion’ with ‘Amplification Control’. I’m guessing you are higher? The lower skill power on maximze range just turns me off.
range is 187%, u literally can kill every mob with Emission before they can touch u :p

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
range is 187%, u literally can kill every mob with Emission before they can touch u :p
Hmm not sure 43% is worth it for the skill power decrease, I’m already killing most mobs before they can even be visible at 144% and I do more damage without any decreases.

It would definitely have it’s uses though. Farming would be quick…basically small circles with number 3 procced.

Last edited:

Pejo

Been playing my newly researched Viessa, I really like her. After owning a bunch of the Descendants though, I find that they don't really play differently enough. Hopefully there's more support characters and skills that aren't just "shoot a color projectile" and "leave something on the ground when you run". I was "lucky" enough to already have 3 Viessa modules so I tried them each out, and I feel like for how rare they are, they don't give enough benefit. Too many of them have negative effects tied in with the buffs too, which seems unnecessary. If Bunny is fine with her permanent AoE walking nukes, I don't see why Gley's module, for instance, has to have a rate of fire cap on the one that extends her "no ammo required' skill. Balance between the damage focused Descendants is relatively poor despite the similarities in their kits.

Picked this up again and I don't think devs knows what 1 out of 5 odds actually means or some sort of crazy mistranslation is going on here. Maybe an extra 0 was added in.

Last edited:

peek

Hey guys need some help here. Anyone else get pretty consistent rubberbanding during spec ops missions? I get it the absolute worst during the kuiper mining one in sterile lands. I dont really get lag spikes anywhere else ingame, maaaybe the infrequent rubberband elsewhere, but spec ops its guaranteed.

Anyone else? Trying to figure out whats going on. Did the usual things in my own network setup, hard wired, tech come out etc.

Mikado

Picked this up again and I don't think devs knows what 1 out of 5 odds actually means or some sort of crazy mistranslation is going on here. Maybe an extra 0 was added in.

20% to get is 80% chance to not get.

1 - pow(1 - ChanceForDrop, Runs)

You're still only about 67% likely to get anything after 5 runs of 20%.
Need like 10 runs to get the chance up to something like 90% - which is still a 10% chance to get nothing.

Edit: A lot of people aren't great with intuiting probabilities in their heads and I think it's a common misconception that 20% means you're close to guaranteed to get something after 5 runs when in reality it's considerably worse odds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Need like 10 runs to get the chance up to something like 90% - which is still a 10% chance to get nothing.
10 runs you say for a 90%? That would be nice... actually, that would be a dream. What's uh.... 37 runs and nada? That still 20% odds?

Yeah these stated odds are bullshit. This ain't the first item hunt with similar issue in this game.

Last edited:
Alright, feel like I've been too hard on this game but I will say this...

the blocking mining/void experiment operations are fucking zen as Gley and a good team. I really like her skills kit. She is a sledgehammer and the versatility of berserk vs normal versions of her skills are cool. It offers just enough improvisational depth that keeps combat fluid.

Yeah this game feels better as a shooter than Warframe ever did (which I still love).

While I like the defend operations, they need to rethink/retool it. The first 7 waves are a snoozefest and a slog.

Last edited:

Haint

Edit: A lot of people aren't great with intuiting probabilities in their heads and I think it's a common misconception that 20% means you're close to guaranteed to get something after 5 runs when in reality it's considerably worse odds.

Funny how that 5% chance NOT to have gotten the item after 10 or 15 runs seems to happen like 95% of the time.

Pejo

Just finished the campaign today. Haven't been rushing, I took plenty of time to farm characters and weapons that I wanted to check out. That last mission was kind of a doozy. Didn't expect the "final" boss to be a melee enemy.

Anyways, it was a fun time. I finished up the BP so I'm going to take a break for a few days and then come back and decide what to farm and try the hard mode stuff.

Is there a quick way in the game to tell which event gives the highest % drop chance of any particular drop? Like say I'm trying to get Enzo's Blueprint. I click the item and it brings up a list of 4 things. You can click those 4 things and it will take you to the source of them, but there's no % listings there. The only place I've seen %'s listed are on the mission icon on the map (if it's a mission) or when you click the Amorphous Material in your inventory. Is there a better place to go to see it all at once?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Just finished the campaign today. Haven't been rushing, I took plenty of time to farm characters and weapons that I wanted to check out. That last mission was kind of a doozy. Didn't expect the "final" boss to be a melee enemy.

Anyways, it was a fun time. I finished up the BP so I'm going to take a break for a few days and then come back and decide what to farm and try the hard mode stuff.

Is there a quick way in the game to tell which event gives the highest % drop chance of any particular drop? Like say I'm trying to get Enzo's Blueprint. I click the item and it brings up a list of 4 things. You can click those 4 things and it will take you to the source of them, but there's no % listings there. The only place I've seen %'s listed are on the mission icon on the map (if it's a mission) or when you click the Amorphous Material in your inventory. Is there a better place to go to see it all at once?
You can see the % on the items to reconstruct in the "Access info" page. Items on hard have better % to drop.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
yaaa its bad, i dono why they choosed to do so :/
Think it’s mainly that if you’re looking for a specific reactor to farm, certain players are going to get something shitty like a data collection mission, while others will get a great farming spot like Fortress Outskirts. So changing it up makes it so they aren’t screwing over certain players permanently, so if you end up with something truly aggravating you can just wait it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Pejo

Damn, huge first version patch. Some great stuff in there. Getting rid of Void Shards for reactors would be great, and the increased number of drops is already a great first step.

Also, swimsuits! The most effective combat gear to ever exist in gaming.
o1qzdle82vfd1.png
eulpcne82vfd1.png

xarc4bhnfufd1.jpg
2fq4dahnfufd1.jpg

Pejo

I picked up Luna because I had some leftover coins. I have no idea how you're supposed to play her properly in sweaty content, but just running around and dancing/playing DDR had me laughing so damn hard. It's a very ridiculous playstyle.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
LOL they nerfed the Fortress Outskirts farm so hard they practically broke the mission itself.

After doing a test run I watched newer player start it and do it the normal way of 1 pad at a time.… but they made it so now only 3 enemies will show up per pad now…so the poor guy kills the first two enemies then has to stand there doing nothing for a full minute and a half till the last one shows…there’s literally nothing for him to do 😅😂🤣

Meanwhile I found an even faster farm and all this one involves is jumping up and down. 😆

Last edited:

Mikado

LOL they nerfed the Fortress Outskirts farm so hard they practically broke the mission itself.

After doing a test run I watched newer player start it and do it the normal way of 1 pad at a time.… but they made it so now only 3 enemies will show up per pad now…so the poor guy kills the first two enemies then has to stand there doing nothing for a full minute and a half till the last one shows…there’s literally nothing for him to do 😅😂🤣

Meanwhile I found an even faster farm and all this one involves is jumping up and down. 😆

Yup, not only are there barely any enemies, the four ninja dudes have super low drop rate of Blue Brains now too.

2 days farming and 25% to my Ultimate Gley.

Funny how a normal gun, the Tamer is a beast for high hp enemies compared to ultimate mg's

Top Bottom