• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Bernie seems to be such a nice old man.

If only he wasn't Bernie.

100276794_548c83c4eb.jpg

Omiee

The wave nice!!

and yeah i agree lets see what alonso does from 16th he made a bad decision by going on inters, why is he getting a new chance now =(

I don't think parc ferme rules apply on them now. TV feed just showed that his car (Kimi) almost fully torn down

Rules should still apply. They can take anything off the car or take it apart as long as they don't change it and put it back the way it was. My bet is they are trying to find what is wrong with it to see if it is something they can change under parc ferme conditions.

EDIT: Gary Anderson on the BBC says the team think it's a problem with a wire that they damaged after P3 and that they are going to change that wire. That should be fine under parc ferme as they can replace parts under parc ferme.

Dead Man

Why do they have full wet tyres available if the FIA is saying no to racing in conditions like this? so stupid.

I understand why tyhe don't run in the very wet conditions, but as you say, the window between inters and red flag is so narrow, why have a tyre for it?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Rules should still apply. They can take anything off the car or take it apart as long as they don't change it and put it back the way it was. My bet is they are trying to find what is wrong with it to see if it is something they can change under parc ferme conditions.

Right. Like something loose or mis-assembled that can be fixed. Or at least identify the problem and decide whether to replace for tomorrow and take a grid penalty as opposed to the car dying in the race.

Omiee

i feel for the fans who are at the moment waiting in that weather to finally see qually go underway again.

Joni

I understand why tyhe don't run in the very wet conditions, but as you say, the window between inters and red flag is so narrow, why have a tyre for it?
The window isn't very narrow, the weather conditions just changed this fast. If the rain was just a bit lighter or it didn't last as long, they could have easily run with the full wets. And now I hope this weather won't blow over from the UK to where I live, it has rained enough the last few weeks.

Chris R

Just woke up, was the rain really that bad that caused Jenson to lose so much time on his last lap section 3? Or did something else happen?

Top Bottom