• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Dutch TV guy said that Fernando gets a 250.000 euro bonus when winning and he gives that money to his engineers. Poor guys that are Felipe his engineers :(

I think that source of this news is some hardcore Tifosi blog, so i would take it with some salt

Wow, McLaren almost put Lewis on 3 stops and they would've lost the race due to traffic.

e: Hahahha, Ted's looking after women and their dresses. I'd love a gif of that.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
*not subtle* What a weakling! I broke my back two weeks ago and I'm fine.*not subtle*
Slipping in the bathroom is comparable to a 200mph crash, I assure
LeMansCrash.gif

Nolan.

Sam Michaels to Lewis Hamilton: "Some fantastic time management there Lewis listening to us." Lewis: "You don't trust me? Michaels: "No, I trust you it's just a team thing."

So interesting to think Mclaren nearly screwed it up for both their drivers and throw another win away

Schumacher DNF was due to the telemetry box that stopped working after the formation lap. They thought it was too much of a risk to let him drive on the track without knowing what's going on with the car.

Nolan.

Schumacher DNF was due to the telemetry box that stopped working after the formation lap. They thought it was too much of a risk to let him drive on the track without knowing what's going on with the car.

Mercedes for me this year so far have been such a mixed bag. It's almost like they have that in common with Mclaren, although perhaps less self inflicted. They've had a really torrid time with reliability and somehow have found themselves something close to a second off the pace. I know people are expecting them to be back there for Spa and Monza but I don't see it. I'd just like more cleaner weekends.

Pimpwerx

Thanks Lewis. Now do it again.

Why two formation laps?

Schumacher stalled on the grid or something. Whiting caught it before he activated the lights and waved them through. I thought he took too long and risked damaging some engines at the front. PEACE.

Schumacher stalled on the grid or something. Whiting caught it before he activated the lights and waved them through. I thought he took too long and risked damaging some engines at the front. PEACE.

I'm not sure that's why, Schumacher turned off his engine because the lights flashed yellow, he was reacting to the delayed start and didn't want his engine to overheat.

Ark

Fantastic race, didn't bother forcing myself to listen to the dribble of SkyF1 after the podium celebrations, so I jumped over to the Women's Cycling to watch up grab Silver.

What an idiot. He needs to have is licence revoked. He is a complete menace and the sooner he is forced out of the sport the better. If the FIA don't do anything now and he ends up causing a major incident where other driver's lives are put in danger they will have to answer for him.

Edmond Dantès;40403371 said:
Thread's pretty quite these days.
I'd post some... but I thought the race was awful up until the last 15 laps (or thereabout). Nothing I hate to see more than cars cruising up to the back of others and going no-where until the next set of pits.

Joni

What an idiot. He needs to have is licence revoked. He is a complete menace and the sooner he is forced out of the sport the better. If the FIA don't do anything now and he ends up causing a major incident where other driver's lives are put in danger they will have to answer for him.

Don't blame him this time. If his name wasn't Maldonado, nothing would have happened.

Maybe it's because Maldonado is black.

"I have no idea why I got the penalty this time," he said when asked about the penalty by AUTOSPORT. "It was a good overtaking manoeuvre.

"There was a small contact, but this is racing. I saw [Kimi] Raikkonen and [Romain] Grosjean [battling] and it was more or less the same."

Maldonado admitted that the contact happened because he had to correct a small slide.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101639

Maldonado, worthless shit driving again. Penalty was fair. They need to penalize him overall for being a moron race after race. They took away that one Japanese driver's license for driving so poorly, they should start hanging that over his head soon. He doesn't seem to learn.

Wish Kimi could have mounted a better challenge at the end, but with battered KERS and a track like Hungary I guess this is what we get.

mblitek

Pretty boring race, but a good result. Kimi being a point behind Hamilton is crazy, never would have thought the Lotus and Kimi would be capable of fighting for wins this season.

I'm pleased as punch that Lotus is doing so well. I really love the fact that Grosjean & Kimi are getting the points but unfortunately not getting that elusive 1st. To be fair though I am happy that Hamilton won! McLaren did some amazing times but almost screwed themselves on strategy.

I was really surprised to see Hamilton's tires last so long.

By my count, there were 69.

Haha, ouch!

[...]

Wish Kimi could have mounted a better challenge at the end, but with battered KERS and a track like Hungary I guess this is what we get.

Apparently the Lotus engine KERS unit isn't the full 60kW that is allowed but is lighter. I'm not 100% though. But yes, with a fully functioning KERS it might have been a different race.

Frank is all business, but will he really sack the driver that got him his first team win in over a decade? PEACE.

Well, Frank being all business is exactly the problem and probably the reason Pastor won't leave that easily. He brings a good amount of money to the team.

Top Bottom