• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Septimius

Bernie is so whacky, I have no doubt that he was just some looney old man taking something out of context, regarding Michael quitting.

I hope he says, though. So, so much. If he can remain confident that Mercedes will develop the car in the right direction, and he can get to have some wins before he quits, it'd be fantastic. If he ended up fighting for the driver's championship, I'm sure he'd flame up so much as to stay even in 2014. Hope spring's eternal.

Dead Man

Seriously, Webber needs to stop getting dicked around with pit strategies. Extra-stoppers never fucking work and frustrate the living shit out of me.

No Alonso. Poor Webber finish vs Vettel.

Yeah. Webber just looked slow through bus stop too, Vettels line was much more agressive on passes.

BBC once again crashing into the Sky crew.

And Garry is awesome. Massa was the 3rd fastest car on track, which is quite the surprise.

Dilly

Banned
If Maldonado wasn't racing this year, Grojean would be getting all of our hate.

Pretty much.

He isn't doing much better than Maldonado in that regard though. Yet, he doesn't even get a punishment for what he did today.

pants

I havent seen a proper replay yet, the entire thing looked weird as crap to me. When Grosjean went flying at Alonso's head I went numb for a while and wasnt really absorbing any information for a while after

Nolan.

I just want to hug Monisha poor Sauber but she's not too sad
I havent seen a proper replay yet, the entire thing looked weird as crap to me. When Grosjean went flying at Alonso's head I went numb for a while and wasnt really absorbing any information for a while after

The Sounds are pretty horrific when Lewis comes past then Grojean smacks right into ALonso it really is a 'boom'

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yes, absolutely.

Apparently, Grosjean was involved in 7 start accidents out of 12 races.

Oh wow.

Very good race, aside from the start drama. Very much enjoyed it. I love the camera angle at the top of Eau Rouge, it really gave a sense of the height differential in the track.

And Speed's coverage was better, and by that I mean commercial breaks were shorter than usual. Which is a step forward.

pants

On second thought, I dont really want to see that replay. If Grosjean was clearly at fault and caused a dangerous situation I hope Pastor Maldonado gets banned.

ramparter

Banned
Alonso unlucky once again. Vettel was amazing, if it was any other driver people would praise his skill. Hamilton could still avoid the incident, just because it's the others driver's fault doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to save yourself. Massa passed Webber!!

Ark

Alonso unlucky once again. Vettel was amazing, if it was any other driver people would praise his skill. Hamilton could still avoid the incident, just because it's the others driver's fault doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to save yourself. Massa passed Webber!!

/sigh

Dilly

Banned

This statement is plain wrong.

I loved the race and the result given what happened. Great fight between Kimi and Schumi too

The crowd went crazy for Kimi the presenter had to wait for them to calm down.. They're hailing their king ;)

Maldonado and Grosjean are useless fucks, who cares if they can put an odd fast lap here or there, that doesn't make them F1 worthy

It's a joke lol

If you go back over my post history in this thread I always find a way of pinning it on Maldonado

On prupose

Also check this picture from Lotus' twitter feed before the start of the race

A1ySwLSCQAAHEJD.jpg

AAequal

Banned
I loved the race and the result given what happened. Great fight between Kimi and Schumi too

The crowd went crazy for Kimi the presenter had to wait for them to calm down.. They're hailing their king ;)

Maldonado and Grosjean are useless fucks, who cares if they can put an odd fast lap here or there, that doesn't make them F1 worthy
Too bad the tire selection didn't work for Kimi. He should have been second today ;(

Too bad the tire selection didn't work for Kimi. He should have been second today ;(

I think even if he was allowed to run only hards he would've came out third at best. Vettel and Button were pacing themselves at the last 10 laps so it wasn't a small gap and it could've easily been bigger if those 2 wanted it to be.

Lotus' straightline speed was abysmal, even Kimi said so when he was talking to Vettel, his overtakes had to be done before or after the DRS zone.

Sadly Maldonado has money behind him, not sure about Grosjean, he's never really rang my alarm bells till today.

Grosjean has Eric Boullier behind him. If you don't know he's his Manager that's why he got the seat from Petrov

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good race. Fucking Grosjean though. I was hoping Alonso could keep his point streak going. Kimi's pass at Eau Rouge was great.

Ark

How can he not get punished for today?

Probably for the same reason that Petrov/Hulkenberg didn't get penalised for the start of Suzuka 2010.

Grosjean receives one race ban.

Now you're all being too extreme. It would be folly to hand Grojean a race ban when Maldonado has only received time/grid drop penalties.

EDIT: Read that as Grojean deserves a race ban, my bad. It's fine, I agree.

Xun

Although Grosjean was clearly in the wrong, I do think many here are being a bit too extreme.

He should definitely be penalised though.

Grosjean receives one race ban.

According to Autosport's Jon Noble.

Yep.

Romain Grosjean has been banned from starting next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix after causing the first corner crash at Spa. The Franco-Swiss, who triggered a similar incident in Monaco, started the carnage by squeezing Lewis Hamilton onto the grass.

Full report to follow.

And as Monza is such a wonderful track and event, the punishment will be even bigger.

pants

Uh, race ban? Was just kidding before in no way does he deserve a race ban when compared to other incidents this year.

Nolan.

I think he deserves the 1 race ban tbh though do feel for him. He seems a nice guy but come on he's just making silly mistakes and messing up other people's championship in the process. Will be interesting in future to see how they handle Maldonado because there is someone who I feel has really gotten off lightly on most of his visits to the stewards.

Top Bottom