• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Xun

Reading all of the posts on the internet about Grosjean's penalty being too harsh and this is the only gif reaction I could find that suits.

tumblr_m9mhmmeAwi1qbb7f3o1_500.gif

Community F1 GAF representing.
Where's this gif from?

pants

Grosjean getting a race ban would be fine if Maldonado had already got at least (!) two for INTENTIONALLY ramming Hamilton and Perez. That's far more dangerous and malicious. Downright disgusting and he should never be allowed in an F1 car again because of it, in fact.

For him to get off with just penalties highlights how inconsistent this ban is.

This is my exact issue with the banning

The penalty should be for what he did - he squeezed Hamilton off the track. We've seen lots of people do similar things without getting banned.

He gets the ban because the consequence was that title contenders and a few others were eliminated from the race and the resulting crash looked dangerous. Do you think he would have been banned if it would have been HRTs, Marussias and Caterhams that were eliminated?

Yes, which means Maldonado hasn't been properly punished. Grosjean deserved his ban, his move was close enough to ramming Hamilton of the track all teh same.

I agree he deserved his ban (for the 7/12 stat, not for this crash alone), but I'm just saying I understand why some people think it's harsh when Maldonado is the little naughty child who always just gets a slap on his wrist.

It's amazing that it's been a year since he rammed Hamilton at Spa. I thought back then he'd never make it to the actual race, let alone the end of the season and this one. It's honestly baffling he's been allowed to stay in the sport, especially after Monaco where he decided to use his car as a weapon again. Urgh I genuinely do hate him. He doesn't even deserve the meme that's been created about him.

Dilly

Banned
The penalty should be for what he did - he squeezed Hamilton off the track. We've seen lots of people do similar things without getting banned.

He gets the ban because the consequence was that title contenders and a few others were eliminated from the race and the resulting crash looked dangerous. Do you think he would have been banned if it would have been HRTs, Marussias and Caterhams that were eliminated?

The move he did is far more dangerous during a start then midrace.

Yes. Also, it didn't look dangerous, it was dangerous.

Adamm

Just finding out the grosjean ban now. Seems a tad harsh considering what Maldonado has got away with this season

Fantomex

Well F1 Gaf I'm upset.

Maldonado is still a clown, Alonso taken out of the race, Hamilton was out of the race and Groajean caused problems again. Well at least Nicole felt helpless and bummed on camera :) I feel we all missed out on a great race.

Nolan.

Have to admire how Maldonado always has an explanation for his antics that never involves him being completely at fault

Alonso unlucky once again. Vettel was amazing, if it was any other driver people would praise his skill. Hamilton could still avoid the incident, just because it's the others driver's fault doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to save yourself. Massa passed Webber!!

Yeah he could have activated his Sharingan, or heck qualified first.

Or he could have braked suddenly and had the Force India smash into the back of him, possibly causing an accident just as bad.

I think Grosjean got his ban because he pulled a dangerous manoeuvre off the start where there are a lot of cars bunched up close together increasing the likely hood of collisions, damage and injury. If he had done something like Maldonado on the race track he probably would have only got a next race penalty. Still, Maldonado has been lucky so far in that he hasn't had a ban. He should have got one for intentionally ramming Peres in Monaco at least.

Xun

Hamilton lol

Fuck you Hamilton!!!!!

Stupid hamilton

omg fucking hamilton O________O

Hamilton, you useless asshole.

FUCK YOU
Just quoting this for hilarity.

It's both funny and sad how quick everyone is to either blame Hamilton for something, or blindly hate on the guy.

Edit:

The TV show Community.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1439629/

TV show on NBC, I really enjoy it.
Thanks.

nny

Talking about Hamilton... what was it that he posted on twitter and was asked to remove?

Telemetry print, showing the difference between his and Button's car in straights (or at least that's what's written there, I can't read those graphs).

edit:

07f717a2f4dd11e1818012313b012024_7.jpg

Sooo ...

‘When your life is all about racing, not being allowed to attend an event is probably one of the worst experiences you can go through. That said, I do respect the verdict of the stewards. I got a good start - despite being disturbed by Pastor’s early launch, which I think was the case for everybody at the front - and was heading into the first corner when the rear of my car made contact with the front of Lewis’s.

It was Pastor's fault after all. :lol

I honestly thought I was ahead of him and there was enough room for both cars; I didn’t deliberately try to squeeze him or anything like that. This first corner situation obviously isn’t what anyone would want to happen and thankfully no-one was hurt in the incident. I wish to apologise to the drivers who were involved and to their fans. I can only say that today is part of a process that will make me a better driver.’

And the puppy apologized, so it's all fine now.

I won't forgive you so quickly, fucking grosjean.

leadbelly

Banned
I think Grosjean got his ban because he pulled a dangerous manoeuvre off the start where there are a lot of cars bunched up close together increasing the likely hood of collisions, damage and injury. If he had done something like Maldonado on the race track he probably would have only got a next race penalty. Still, Maldonado has been lucky so far in that he hasn't had a ban. He should have got one for intentionally ramming Peres in Monaco at least.

Not the first time there has been collisions like this at the start of a race though.

I think the ban was for the result of the manoeuvre rather than the manoeuvre itself. If Hamilton just reared off the side of the road and that was it, he probably wouldn't have been banned.

Way harsh penalty on Grosj. Once again, stewardship is wildly inconsistent. Maldonado should be handed down a lifetime ban. Why is that piece of shit hack still allowed on the grid? The fact Grosj gets a race ban after one incident, clearly his own fault but still a one off "racing incident", and Pastor runs rampant like fucking Pedro Diniz is insane.

Solid race overall, love Spa.

D_prOdigy

The Maldonado "On Prupose" thing is hilarious because I totally get it even though I don't actually remember him saying it :lol

Way harsh penalty on Grosj. Once again, stewardship is wildly inconsistent. Maldonado should be handed down a lifetime ban. Why is that piece of shit hack still allowed on the grid? The fact Grosj gets a race ban after one incident, clearly his own fault but still a one off "racing incident", and Pastor runs rampant like fucking Pedro Diniz is insane.

Solid race overall, love Spa.

Again:

He did the same mistake in Monaco.
His actions could've killed or seriously injured another driver.
He was involved in 7 start accidents out of 12 races.

Grosjean might not create such a drama like Maldonado does, but he's not less dangerous.

The Maldonado "On Prupose" thing is hilarious because I totally get it even though I don't actually remember him saying it :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coCgN8FI7Zw

Shaneus

So, Webber had a shorter top gear ratio AND grid penalty for gearbox change AND two-stop strategy? Ugh, can't fucking catch a break.

Chris R

Just finished watching the race, terrible result for hammy and Kobayashi :(

Nice battle between MSC and Kimmi, just sucks that there wasn't a battle between the top 3 due to the one stoppers (BRING BACK REFUELING DAMNIT!)

edit: Did the whole enclosed cockpit discussion come up again yet or were we going to save that for this week until P1 @ Monza?

Draconian

I forgot to keep up with qualifying this weekend, tuned in and was pleasantly surprised to see Sauber qualified so well and then that first corner happens. Go freaking figure.

Alonso unlucky once again. Vettel was amazing, if it was any other driver people would praise his skill. Hamilton could still avoid the incident, just because it's the others driver's fault doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to save yourself. Massa passed Webber!!

Is this a joke? What was he supposed to do there? This one's on Grosjean 100%. I'm glad he got a race ban. There's absolutely NO excuse for not using your mirrors and he had ample time to do so. He didn't give a crap about looking to the inside of him to see if he was clear and just threw his car across the track straight into Hamilton. Hamilton did absolutely nothing wrong, and Grosjean could've gotten Alonso (or Perez if the cars made contact slightly differently) killed. Did you actually watch the replay or did you just make an assumption based on the first few kneejerk comments here that blamed Hamilton?

edit: Did the whole enclosed cockpit discussion come up again yet or were we going to save that for this week until P1 @ Monza?
To be honest, this was the first thing I thought about, when Alonso finally got out of the car.
Great chance for D'Ambrosio to do something. Grosjean starts have always been dangerous.
The problem is that one weekend like that rarely give the test drivers or replacement drivers a chance to shine.

Juicy Bob

So, Webber had a shorter top gear ratio AND grid penalty for gearbox change AND two-stop strategy? Ugh, can't fucking catch a break.
I think the main reason Webbah's top speed was so slow was because of the excess drag generated by his MANLY CHIN AND STUBBLE.

TCRS

Banned
Bad day for Alonso. First the accident and then Vettel on P2. Can't even be mad at Vettel, that was an amazing performance by him. And Massa on 5, wow!

McNum

So, with Grosjean having to skip Monza, does that mean Lotus can bring in a replacement driver, or will they have to run with only one car?

Ark

So, with Grosjean having to skip Monza, does that mean Lotus can bring in a replacement driver, or will they have to run with only one car?

They could run with one car, would be pointless though. They'll run with their main reserve driver:

ambrosiacustard.jpg

McNum

Ah. That makes sense. The penalty is for the driver, not the team as such. Sure, not having one of the main drivers racing is most likely a penalty in itself, but Lotus isn't barred from entering two cars.

What's the the Ambrosia?

Top Bottom