• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Ark

It's pretty clear that Whitmarsh prefers Button. At least when he's talking to the media.

I can see why he would leave, he doesn't like the heavy amount of PR McLaren insist on and he doesn't get to keep the trophies from his wins or podiums. They stay with McLaren.

Pretty sure this isn't true at all. If you watched the BBC documentary on the Hamilton family a few months ago he had a room in his house that was full of trophies.

Regarding Hamilton - Why do everyone acts like its confirmed? This is just a rumor, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton's managers paid him few K's to say that so they can have an upper hand in the negotiations

Because unlike most rumours, there's actually some legs behind this one. Just because we're speculating doesn't mean we're acting like it's confirmed :p

acm2000

Pretty sure this isn't true at all. If you watched the BBC documentary on the Hamilton family a few months ago he had a room in his house that was full of trophies.

they are replicas, mclaren keep all originals, flip side is, you get to keep your championship winning car

I can't believe Monza is only few days away. Spa felt like yesterday and to think that it's going to be like this until the end of November ... Wonderful and depressing times for F1 fans.

they are replicas, mclaren keep all originals, flip side is, you get to keep your championship winning car

So the drivers can keep the F1 car, if they win the championship?

acm2000

I can't believe Monza is only few days away. Spa felt like yesterday and to think that it's going to be like this until the end of November ... Wonderful and depressing times for F1 fans.

supposedly, yes

Ark

Only just realised, are the post-race press conferences completely scrapped for the TV audience in favour of the podium interviews? :l

Xun

Boom! Nailed it in my opinion!

McLaren needs a headline act, Lotus needs cash, di Resta still a little questionable in my books (?), who goes to Ferrari is a big question though.

I completely avoided this thread after the race...It was pretty bad gents! Not your finest "hour" :|

EDIT:

Damn that would! Rosberg has always had the ability to blueprint a car's capability in my opinion. He's just never had anything consistent though.
Because of the overreactions?

pants

Jenson got to keep his championship winning Brawn iirc

They should just do both.

I think the podium interviews is a great service for the spectators at the track, but the post-race interviews were always a great source of entertainment.

So yes, they should do both.

untitled-1wtk8a.gif

Jenson got to keep his championship winning Brawn iirc

It's not like a rule. Its the first time I hear that McLaren give their WDCs the winning car. In Brawn GP it was an exceptional deal for their drivers (maybe Button only though) because they had to take a big paycut for 2009

Brawn tried to not honor that agreement, but IIRC Button got what he wanted :)

EDIT: Here - Why is dailymail banned? lol .. I'll look for another source

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/24/jenson-button-sues-brawn-mercedes-for-championship-winning-car/

Don't rate Di Resta at all. He was out performed by Sutil last year and again this year by Hulkenburg.
He seems to have the same attitude as Hamilton, if McLaren were looking for a clean slate I would go for Perez.
Him and Button have similar driving styles and are easy on tyres. If McLaren designed a car around this, both could do great things together!

Not sure what McLaren's motives are but they should be heading towards becoming a bigger global brand, especially they have to pay to use Mercedes engines next year. Having an all British line up again really isn't a good idea. Perez sounds good, but they should be building him up to be No.1 driver and not just play second fiddle to Button. Seems like he would be a waste of talent there otherwise.

Chris R

So did anyone jump on a USGP parking pass? I'd totally be down for splitting one, only issues is I don't know if everyone would want to get there a little bit early and stay for the entire days worth of events for all three days :(

I guess the shuttle won't be too bad as long as I don't have to pay anything to park in the first place...

Relive the best overtake of the year - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt8op8_kimi-vs-schumi-into-eau-rouge_sport

Kimi on Schumi, 8 minute video, the whole pass-repass then the build up.. amazing stuff.

Kimi's move was smart and calculated, I was too busy screaming to notice how Kimi was sneaky. Made sure he collected the DRS 'go' from the detection point, made the move and used the DRS while he's ahead to insure he negates Mercedes' straight-line advantage.

Brilliant!

Does anyone know what the latest news on Kubica is? I've almost given up all hope of him returning :(

Supposed to be driving a Subaru Impreza WRC in the Rally San Martino di Castrozza, Sept 14-16, announcement on monday?

Kubica's co-driver: "I won't comment on anything for now. I'll be able to answer any questions on monday"

Nolan.

Have stayed on a self imposed F1 blackout. Just read about Hamilton Mercedes etc even if it's not true I expect Lewis to suffer the sudden loss of form a lot of drives seem to have when there is uncertainty about contract. Won't at all be surprised to see Jenson finish ahead of him again come the end of the year given his luck or lack thereof.

The Daily Mail is a wonderful piece of satire. Such a shame that GAF thought it's a real newspaper and banned it, countless laughs could've been had. Thedailymash is better though.

I'm just wondering why would a forum ban some websites? Did they say something about Neogaf? or the mods decided to protect us from its crap? lol

Not directly related, but the new GP3 car was revealed at Monza.

boy6c.jpg

They went from 285 BHP to 400 BHP to make the transition from GP3 to GP2 easier, which is reasonable.

Looks like it got the smile of approval from Webber

HK4ff.jpg

(It's really just an excuse to post that Webber pic)

kiyomi

Noooooo!

Can koba not bring in sponsorship from japanese companies?

Japan doesn't want much from F1 right now unfortunately. He has some small sponsors like Good Smile but nothing major like what Perez has brought with his dad's friend's $.

I don't think Koba will go - but if he did, I would be really upset, but I do think he'd do something else in motorsport, like probably race for Toyota in the LM series.

Watching Sky on a stream atm, nice to hear Anthony Davidson! <3

It's been a while since I've been so excited for a race. Hope my fellow countryman D'Ambrosio does well in a podium-finishing car.

First times on the board look quite allright :)

Goldrusher

Is this a BBC race?
In bold the next BBC races:

09/09 GP Santander d'Italia Monza
23/09 Singtel Singapore GP Singapore
07/10 Japanese GP Suzuka
14/10 Korean GP Yeongam
28/10 Airtel Indian GP New Delhi
04/11 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina
18/11 United States GP Austin
25/11 Grande Prêmio do Brasil São Paulo

Top Bottom