• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

kiyomi

With the exception of Brazil, people who don't have Sky are basically stuffed for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure how much choice they had really, I can't remember how it was decided?

A real shame we don't get Suzuka or the new US circuit.

How did Grosjean managed to fuck him at start? Didn't he start from the second place?

He had a slow start, but he could've easily ended in the top 5.

untitled-160ptb.gif

untitled-201q0q.gif

I swear, how many times has Grosjean fucked up the start for someone else.

Dilly

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if FP1 was a decent representation of Red Bull's pace at Monza. Considering Massa is close too Alonso's pace must mean the Ferrari is pretty good.

f0rk

They picked Korea over Monza? Really?

At the time they flagged the fact they have Silverstone, Monaco and the last race of the season as important, but it's pretty clear they had to take compromises when considering the rest. Monza as you say as well as the first race at a brand new American circuit are big loses.

kharma45

Wouldn't be surprised if FP1 was a decent representation of Red Bull's pace at Monza. Considering Massa is close too Alonso's pace must mean the Ferrari is pretty good.

Yeah Ferrari seem strong, as do Mercedes. Hope they aren't faking their pace with lower fuel than everyone else.

bud23

Someone mentioned it?

McLaren sporting director Sam Michaels on Hamilton

"I think the first thing to say is that we are in an advanced stage of negotiation with Lewis over any contract,"
"Until those negotiations are completed there is nothing definitive to say about it from McLaren."

Perez says what everyone thinks:

"The penalty the FIA and stewards decided to give to Grosjean, is a good sign for all of us to respect each other more, because in the past there has been too much disrespect.

I'm not saying it's all the drivers, but there are a few out there that you cannot really fight for position. There are always some drivers that are out of control out there, but I think this will help to prevent the drivers from doing crazy things.

Spa was a big crash, but there are some drivers who have so many penalties during the year, and every race they are crashing in to someone. They ruin the race of other people and they just get a fine or grid position [penalty] so I think we have to do a procedure to be more consistent with the penalties.

I think this is the most important thing for us to try and do: a system that can bring us into a much more consistent rule that if you do something really wrong, you really pay. But in a consistent way.

When they give you a fine it always helps, but at the end you don't lose position for the next race or you don't get a race ban. But I think it is now time to try and do a system where if you do something wrong, you pay in a consistent way.

Maybe you do one race where you get lucky and get fined, but at the other race you will not get so lucky and have a very big penalty. So I think we need a consistent penalty and that is something that we have to work for.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102291

Someone mentioned it?

McLaren sporting director Sam Michaels on Hamilton

Hamilton said today that he hasn't made a decision yet.

NHale

Hamilton said today that he hasn't made a decision yet.

The fact that he says he hasn't made a decision makes the rumor seem a lot more credible than I first thought. Also Ross Brawn saying today that top drivers should be driving for engine manufacturers after 2014 isn't just a coincidence.

In related rumor stories, SkySports already jumped into the "Schumacher-Ferrari 1 year deal" rumor.

what is up with the rbr qualy pace, sjeez.

Sandbagging. No need to start pulling your hair just yet.

Omiee

thats what people have been thinking last race etc but they are not up there. I read somwhere that even vettel does not know where the speed went.

Their race pace is much better, still not fastest but still.

Dead Man

In bold the next BBC races:

09/09 GP Santander d'Italia Monza
23/09 Singtel Singapore GP Singapore
07/10 Japanese GP Suzuka
14/10 Korean GP Yeongam
28/10 Airtel Indian GP New Delhi
04/11 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina
18/11 United States GP Austin
25/11 Grande Prêmio do Brasil São Paulo

Good god, why?

CiSTM

Banned
What are Kobi's chances staying in F1 if he loses his place to Pic? I guess we can assume Hülkenberg gets one year Ferrari gig next year. So maybe he can replace him? Kovalainen seems to be sure to drive next year too so I'm really wondering how the driver seat roulette will go.

In bold the next BBC races:

09/09 GP Santander d'Italia Monza
23/09 Singtel Singapore GP Singapore
07/10 Japanese GP Suzuka
14/10 Korean GP Yeongam
28/10 Airtel Indian GP New Delhi
04/11 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina
18/11 United States GP Austin
25/11 Grande Prêmio do Brasil São Paulo

Other than Brazil, that's one shitty deal.

CiSTM

Banned
I just ment that could be his last resort. He is will stay in F1 for sure.
It really seems it will come to his last reosrt, there aren't too many opening in the better teams. It's hard to make come back from those shitty teams if you aren't sponsor magnet or have very rich friends.

NHale

What are Kobi's chances staying in F1 if he loses his place to Pic? I guess we can assume Hülkenberg gets one year Ferrari gig next year. So maybe he can replace him? Kovalainen seems to be sure to drive next year too so I'm really wondering how the driver seat roulette will go.

Quite frankly if he loses the Sauber seat he will probably end up driving for Caterham or out of F1. The sponsorship money he brings right now for Saubers is nowhere near what drivers like Maldonado, Perez, Senna or Grosjean give to their teams. Even drivers out of F1 have better sponsors than him, so if he wants a spot he has to gain it by skill not money, and the teams that are in position to chose a driver only based on skill have better options at the moment.

Caterham is a good spot because Kovalainen also doesn't bring a lot of money and he's most likely leaving the team. However, the rumor is that Alguersuari is already set to occupy that seat and bring the Cepsa money with him.

Ark

I highly doubt the BBC got to choose which races they'd be broadcasting live. Bernie and Sky did everything, I'm amazed people are surprised, we've known this since pre-season.

NHale

i read it in the morning and i think he is right.

So Vettel should sign a deal with Ferrari or Mercedes right now if he doesn't want to get behind. He would be a good #2 driver for Alonso or Hamilton.

. mclaren will have to use their own engine's in a few seasons. I do think renault wont fuck rbr over and give them the same good engine they will use themselves with lotus.

Since when does McLaren have to use their own engines? Mercedes will continue to "give" the same exact engines to 2 other teams on the grid.

Omiee

So Vettel should sign a deal with Ferrari or Mercedes right now if he doesn't want to get behind. He would be a good #2 driver for Alonso or Hamilton.

Vettel would never want to be a number 2 driver for alonso or hamilton. You have to be either trolling or kidding me. Vettel is on their same level and their direct competitor. There is no chance in hell he accept being a massa or webber for those 2 drivers.

Also renault have a very good contract with rbr. I think its safe to say they will give rbr the same engine they will give lotus.

Since when does McLaren have to use their own engines? Mercedes will continue to "give" the same exact engines to 2 other teams on the grid.

http://www.f1bullet.com/articles/mclaren-set-to-go-it-alone-with-own-engines-in-2013/

i think they said it a long time ago that they would start using their own egine's in time. That was after ross brawn bought the shares mercedes had in mclaren.

Top Bottom