• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Xun

News breaking that Sid Watkins has passed away, extordinary gentleman whose impact on safety in F1 and Motorsport in general has made it the safest it has ever been. At least he can now finally go fishing with Ayrton.

RIP.
Fuck.

R.I.P. Sid. :(

News breaking that Sid Watkins has passed away, extordinary gentleman whose impact on safety in F1 and Motorsport in general has made it the safest it has ever been. At least he can now finally go fishing with Ayrton.

RIP.

134418906958.jpg

RIP.

So sorry to hear about Sid Watkins. He was looking awfully frail at whichever GP he recently attended (don't recall, British I'd imagine).

I loved reading\hearing his stories about all the drivers - Gilles Villeneuve, Senna, Berger, etc. Just a wonderful guy.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Lee is genuinely hot as hell and knows her stuff. She's the complete opposite <3

Lee is where it's at.

This x 10000! God I miss Lee. She was just perfect. Great face, great bod great personality and did very good interviews. Not really feeling this new chick but I'll admit she's pretty hot too.

Can someone tell me why Lee is not part of this show anymore? Any word on a possible return?

Pimpwerx

What am I looking at here?

On the Hamilton to Mercedes thing, I believe something that's being overlooked is that he's gonna be on the team with the best engine, if he moves. The car has innovative bits on it this season, but the team wasn't able to get them to work. There's a chance they innovate some more next season and get it right. Having a powerful engine already removes a big area of concern. It's up to the drivers to help get the rest of the package to comply. Hopefully they can get the car back on the top step, or at least on the podium by season's end. That'll give Lewis a big boost of confidence going into next season.

I love silly season. PEACE.

Yen

This x 10000! God I miss Lee. She was just perfect. Great face, great bod great personality and did very good interviews. Not really feeling this new chick but I'll admit she's pretty hot too.

Can someone tell me why Lee is not part of this show anymore? Any word on a possible return?

I thought she looked pregnant at Spa.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Mercedes attempt at a Mclaren/Sauber style exhuast. Since the car launched they have had a regular exhaust outlet high up that blows out under the rear wing.
They are also testing a Lotus style DDRS for the rear wing.

Mastah

Funny how Di Montezemelo is going on about it still being to early for Perez to join Ferrari.

Massa was more of a rookie than Perez.

But LdM confirmed that Perez definitely won't drive for Ferrari next year and seeing how he wants Vettel more than anyone else on the grid, it could make it all a bit weird. If Vettel joins Ferrari in 2014, there won't be any place for Perez until Fernando leaves in 2015 or 2016.

Guys, what di Montezemolo said is all politics, not what Ferrari really think. They want from Perez even more money than Santander is bringing and in return they offer him... contract for number 2 driver. That's laughable. Perez and his people of course didn't accept these conditions, so di Montezemolo is saying to the whole world he is not experienced enough for Ferrari. It's exactly the same thing he did with Raikkonen, who supposedly had problems with motivation, while in reality it was all about getting rid of Kimi to make way for Alonso.

Dead Man

RIP.

Oh what the fuck? Damn it. RIP.

Septimius

On the Hamilton to Mercedes thing, I believe something that's being overlooked is that he's gonna be on the team with the best engine, if he moves. The car has innovative bits on it this season, but the team wasn't able to get them to work. There's a chance they innovate some more next season and get it right. Having a powerful engine already removes a big area of concern. It's up to the drivers to help get the rest of the package to comply. Hopefully they can get the car back on the top step, or at least on the podium by season's end. That'll give Lewis a big boost of confidence going into next season.

I love silly season. PEACE.

McLaren and Mercedes run the same engine.

Wow. Excite! Double DRS. New exhaust. Fucking yes.

Nolan.

I thought what too. As for Lewis to Mercedes I think I'm kind of used to the idea now so if it's announced I won't be shocked any more, I just don't want either Rosberg or Schumacher to go. It would be nice to see him against Schumacher but Rosberg deserves a good seat and I doubt Mclaren would have him (even though he's better than Di Resta). If Lewis and Mclaren can't sort out their issues then just break it off both have done each other wrong over the years, them getting him to lie, him not sorting his head out sometimes etc. Though yeah, maybe they both need to see what they mean to each other he's probably paid back his debt to them by now I'm sure.

Ark

I thought what too. As for Lewis to Mercedes I think I'm kind of used to the idea now so if it's announced I won't be shocked any more, I just don't want either Rosberg or Schumacher to go. It would be nice to see him against Schumacher but Rosberg deserves a good seat and I doubt Mclaren would have him (even though he's better than Di Resta). If Lewis and Mclaren can't sort out their issues then just break it off both have done each other wrong over the years, them getting him to lie, him not sorting his head out sometimes etc. Though yeah, maybe they both need to see what they mean to each other he's probably paid back his debt to them by now I'm sure.

I think winning their only title in over a decade is enough to pay off that debt.

Ark

I certainly don't see it as "their" championship. At best it's a consolation prize for the team.

It's Hamilton's title, but he didn't win that on his own, to not credit McLaren at all for that title is mind blowing to me. Sure the team doesn't get anything out of it, but it's still a win.

Nolan.

It's Hamilton's title, but he didn't win that on his own, to not credit McLaren at all for that title is mind blowing to me. Sure the team doesn't get anything out of it, but it's still a win.

It's a bit like arguing which is more important WDC or WCC, to me I think both are intertwined because both requires the efforts of the driver and his team, just slightly different outcomes.

I'm not arguing that it's not related or intertwined, but go and ask someone at Ferrari which championship they'd rather win. Anyone but Alonso or his engineer would tell you the constructors championship.

Everything else aside, financially it makes a massive difference.

Nolan.

I'm not arguing that it's not related or intertwined, but go and ask someone at Ferrari which championship they'd rather win. Anyone but Alonso or his engineer would tell you the constructors championship.

Everything else aside, financially it makes a massive difference.

So you think Ferrari would be fine with getting car number 23-24 but as long as they got the constructors it would be ok? actually i'm not even going to bother arguing it never mind

That would be impossible (especially given current rules would have them 3 & 4 if they won CC but lost DC)... but Constructors > All for Ferrari, yes.

It's been said, many, many times by various team members.

jey_16

Banned
If Ferrari let perez go to Mclaren......I will blow something up, only reason why they wouldn't sign him is if Vettel is moving in 2014 which I'm still skeptical about. Perez is the best driver available and he is in the Ferrari junior academy

neoanarch

If Ferrari let perez go to Mclaren......I will blow something up, only reason why they wouldn't sign him is if Vettel is moving in 2014 which I'm still skeptical about. Perez is the best driver available and he is in the Ferrari junior academy

how much of the Ferrari sponsorship is tied up for the foreseeable future? Perez has a huge backer so that should come into the equation.

jey_16

Banned
how much of the Ferrari sponsorship is tied up for the foreseeable future? Perez has a huge backer so that should come into the equation.

Phillip Morris/Marlboro - end of 2015
Santander - 2017

Not sure if they could fit Telmex on the car as well.....

Dilly

Banned
Yeah, there's too much commotion about the Hamilton move for it to be a fluke, in my opinion.

However, I'm pretty sure Ferrari will regret it when Perez moves to McLaren.

Ark

Perez to McLaren in 2013, Button to retire in 2014 after being beaten by Perez in his first year at McLaren.

I'm only poking fun, but it would be great to see Perez in McLaren, especially since Ferrari are still keeping Massa for whatever ungodly reason.

NHale

Yeah, there's too much commotion about the Hamilton move for it to be a fluke, in my opinion.

However, I'm pretty sure Ferrari will regret it when Perez moves to McLaren.

I doubt Perez will go to McLaren. I would bet that if Hamilton leaves, the next McLaren driver will be Nico Hulkenberg.

Perez to McLaren in 2013, Button to retire in 2014 after being beaten by Perez in his first year at McLaren.

I'm only poking fun, but it would be great to see Perez in McLaren, especially since Ferrari are still keeping Massa for whatever ungodly reason.

Massa clearly have Montezemelo's compromising pictures in a Max Mosley thematic party or he knows something that Ferrari doesn't want to go public, so they are waiting for him to realize what a joke he has become and retire. Nelson Piquet Jr. also earned his 2nd year at Renault because of what he did at Singapore.

Leunam

Renault powered Pirelli test car had an alternator failure today in Barcelona. Renault says it's similar to the 2012 spec alternator even though it's a 2010 car. Wonder if Renault will have more alternator failures this season.

Yen

Ferrari is where good drivers go to die.

Humphrey to leave the BBC for BT to present their Premier League football coverage.

Jake to BT, DC to Sky, and the BBC pulling the plug on their F1 coverage will happen.

Top Bottom