• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Omiee

I dunno. It just didn't feel right not to give full credit to your teammate when he does a good job. By what he said it's like Massa isn't good enough to pull that result. I know he meant the car, but still, he shouldn't have said that in my opinion. Not immediately after the race though

It felt like he's already making excuses for not winning the WDC

Kimi has no wins and closed his gap to alonso. He as well has a chance at winning this.

Caramello

Alonso had enough space, I don't know why there was no investigation of the incident.

Those pics are misleading.

Did you see the on board footage? Button moved over very aggressively and Alonso moved over reacting to that. Button obviously stopped moving over very quickly too and Alonso didn't need to move over in the end but at those speeds the drivers react very quickly to things like that. Alonso's on board footage shows that he doesn't actually move over all that much compared to Button. It looks far worse in those shots than the reality on board the car.

Kimi has no wins and closed his gap to alonso. He as well has a chance at winning this.

Naa, unless the Lotus magically gains 1.5 seconds in 5 days then I don't see that happening. Kimi still didn't sort out his qualifying issues, and if you don't qualify high you can't win. As simple as that

I think Kimi's realistic position would be 4th. Anything higher is good

It's a racing incident, Alonso wouldn't go barrelling in to T1 looking in his mirrors.

That's what Grosjean does.

O2vvd.jpg

Eric Boulshit defending his 10% cut

Eric Boullier, Team Principal: "Obviously, it hasn't gone as well as we expected. We could see in Singapore, when Romain was back on track, that the other drivers were putting some pressure on him at the start. Here it was a little bit easier, but he made a small mistake misjudging his pace compared with Mark, which was a bit higher. I think he has made some progress, but it's unfortunate that this has happened again in these circumstances. With Kimi, the car's pace was not as good as we were expecting. Starting seventh we had higher hopes, but if you don't have the pace completely it doesn't work well. We couldn't put everything together in order to make his race more successful and gain more places."

Omiee

That japanese crowd is so much fun to see.

If sauber keep on improving i could see them fight for wins next year. They were so close this year with perez in malaysia.

Shaneus

I want to see STR improve :/ Sucks that we can't actually tell whether it's the car or the drivers that are holding them back. I suppose it doesn't help when there's essentially an upper-second tier and a lower-second tier before you hit the Caterham/Marussia/HRT teams.

You guys reckon it's safe to say that Ricciardo is the better driver in the team (at least currently)? I haven't looked at the standings but he seems like a much more stable driver than Vergne.

Shaneus

I think he knows everyone's out for blood. Sure, take out Hamilton but once you disrupt The People's Champion and his chance at WDC... you'd better look out.

You know, I almost feel sorry, looking at him there. Almost.

Do you think he knows that he doesn't have a drive next year? I reckon he does.

pants

Thing with Romain, as poorly as he's driven at the start, he's much more humble, realises his flaws and at least seems to want to rectify them. Maldonado on the other hand is a total tosser.

Shaneus

WTF1.com, I love you so.

Thing with Romain, as poorly as he's driven at the start, he's much more humble, realises his flaws and at least seems to want to rectify them. Maldonado on the other hand is a total tosser.
You can't want to rectify your focus. Either you're able to focus completely or you're not. Maldonado has at least been able to curb his temper in most situations, whereas Romain clearly hasn't improved his situational awareness, even after two breaks from the sport.

NHale

He knows his F1 career is almost over

Vettel was also once called the "crash kid" and it worked very well for him. Grosjean already proved he has the talent to be a great F1 driver, he just have to find a way to make less mistakes on the start.

Omiee

If vettel can keep himself out of trouble i can see him winning this. There is no way ferrari can get their pace on the level of mclaren or rbr the last few races.

RBR are always fast in korea and they were dominating last year at india. If vettel does not screw up abu dhabi is his circuit as well.

I have a good feeling about his chances.

Vettel was also once called the "crash kid" and it worked very well for him. Grosjean already proved he has the talent to be a great F1 driver, he just have to find a way to make less mistakes on the start.

Yeah, Grosjean is a talent, he's got skill and can race at a high level, but he needs to sort out his terrible race starts. I can't imagine what he must be feeling right now after another terrible start ruining a top runners race, his first lap incidents could be his downfall.

Omiee

Grosjean should know formula 1 is not a sprint race but a marathon. I cant remember how many people start from p22 or something and end up in the points. Its all about consistency and making the right decisions.

Also im still baffled how anyone can dislike a guy like vettel.

Grim1ock

Banned
What a shit weekend. Alonso taken out by the finger's friend. Webbo taken out by the usual suspect and Mclaren ready to sabotage lewis WDC hopes out of spiteness and nice guy jenson.

DieH@rd

Banned
Congratz to Koba!
dpl1207oc105.jpg

Grojean is finished with Lotus, they are not gonna kick him only if they are crazy. He was half alive in that BBC interview.

I'm still really interested as to how Kimi got no penalty for taking out Alonso.

Because Alonso took out himself. Kimi was pressed to the edge of the track, almost driving on the grass. Not his fault.

Fucking Grosjean is pretty safe at Lotus. It will be brushed off as a not so great rookie year and they will move on.

Also, I'm worried about our Alonso. I didn't see him posting at all and I fear he already smashed his TV/PC.

And where the hell is Edmond Dantès?

duckroll

Alonso has had a really unlucky weekend. First qualifying, then the race start. Definitely a weekend to forget for him, and one which might end up costing him the world championship. Feels bad man.

Fucking Grosjean is pretty safe at Lotus. It will be brushed off as a not so great rookie year and they will move on.

Also, I'm worried about our Alonso. I didn't see him posting at all and I fear he already smashed his TV/PC.

And where the hell is Edmond Dantès?

I was wondering the same, both where is Alonso :p, and the absence of Edmond recently.

I do remember Dilly posting he wasn't going to bother waking up early for the race, if I was him and I saw the result I wouldn't even watch the race.

Dilly

Banned
I was wondering the same, both where is Alonso :p, and the absence of Edmond recently.

I do remember Dilly posting he wasn't going to bother waking up early for the race, if I was him and I saw the result I wouldn't even watch the race.

Saw first lap, looked up a summary online and turned the television off. I already saw Vettel take the championship from Alonso in 2010, don't have to see it again this year.

One thing though, Grosjean's awareness of his surroundings suck. I don't even know if you can improve that part, it should be intuitive. It's not something you should start improving when you're already in Formula 1.

mclem

No-one commenting on the BBC highlights? Humphrey and DC interviewing Vettel in the middle of a signing session is a thing of beauty:

tprna.png

mclem

I was just about to post about it.

It was hilarious.

I didn't realise until making the image that DC was standing there holding the shirt to give Vettel a surface to work on with a big grin on his face. Now that's teamwork!

NHale

Alonso has had a really unlucky weekend. First qualifying, then the race start. Definitely a weekend to forget for him, and one which might end up costing him the world championship. Feels bad man.

The world championship was already over unless Red Bull and McLaren continued to have reliability problems and/or silly mistakes by Vettel/Hamilton/Webber. It was because that reason that Alonso was leading the championship, everyone was having problems and taking points from each other while he was consistently getting points every race.

F1 is still a team sport and Ferrari completely failed in delivering a car deserving of a world title. Right now the car is not the complete failure that was in the first 4 races of the championship, but it's nowhere near the level of the McLaren's or Red Bull's. In 2010 the Ferrari car was competitive to challenge for a win a race in normal conditions, this year after Germany they were left behind (even Germany was mostly luck because of wet qualifying)

"Luck" tends to even out in the end, and today Alonso made a huge mistake (he was completely guilty of that incident) that completely threw away any chance of winning the WDC unless Vettel meltdowns like a little baby like he did in Hockenheim. And so far, Red Bull and Vettel are more deserving of a WDC then Ferrari and Alonso.

Grim1ock

Banned
By the way is it me or Lee mckenzie reminds you on about that kid in high school, you know the one that always tries to instigate drama and fights?

She tries to get mark webber to let his feelings come true and rip into Grosjean who is already down in the dumps. Last year in monaco she got hamilton to blow up in his post monaco interview.

She strikes me as someone who loves a bit of drama and tries to throw a few firecrackers here and there

DD

The first race I didn't watched this year, and then I see Seb winning and getting so close to Alonso, Felipe back on the podium, and Koba san there also. I *AM* happy!

EDIT: I do like Checo, he's one of my favorite drivers on the F1, but I don't see him ready to race for the Maccas. Di Resta semmed a better option IMHO.

Pimpwerx

Does McLaren have a DDRS system? I'm baffled by how Lewis got his setup so wrong this weekend. Hopefully he bounces back in Korea. He's 42 pts back of Fonso, but 38 back from the real title contender, Vettel. He's not out of the title picture yet. He's got the best chance out of Alonso and Seb. PEACE.

Does McLaren have a DDRS system? I'm baffled by how Lewis got his setup so wrong this weekend. Hopefully he bounces back in Korea. He's 42 pts back of Fonso, but 38 back from the real title contender, Vettel. He's not out of the title picture yet. He's got the best chance out of Alonso and Seb. PEACE.

Not that we know. I'm surprised that RBR brought one this late in the season, considering that it's banned in 2013. But Ted explained that they probably get a big advantage during qualifying and it certainly helped them.

Christ. Lewis Hamilton just tweeted these:

Just noticed @JensonButton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't.

Link.

Funny thing is, we are STILL teammates! All good tho, I plan on giving this team & fans all I got til I cross the finish line in brazil!!!

Link 2.

Like, Christ sake Lewis. That video the BBC did was actually giving me a bit of respect for you again, but you've just trashed it down the toilet. And I say that as a McLaren fan.

Top Bottom