• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

What the actual fuck was he thinking in tweeting those, though? We're going to get an entertainment value out of what's going to ensue, sure, but I don't get it. :/

Like, if someone followed me and we both have a mutual respect of each other and then that person unfollowed me, I wouldn't be absolutely sore about it and I definitely wouldn't lose any respect I've gained for that person just because he unfollowed me. I wouldn't say it's a sign of disrespect neither. :S

Stupid thing to say publicly, although it was a petty move by Jenson.

What the actual fuck was he thinking in tweeting those, though? We're going to get an entertainment value out of what's going to ensue, sure, but I don't get it. :/

Like, if someone followed me and we both have a mutual respect of each other and then that person unfollowed me, I wouldn't be absolutely sore about it and I definitely wouldn't lose any respect I've gained for that person just because he unfollowed me. I wouldn't say it's a sign of disrespect neither. :S

What is it a sign of? He's obviously making a statement by doing that.

edit: If he never followed him in the first place then ignore this. I did see the it reported (wrongly?) in a few places though.

What does Turkey have to do with Lewis? isn't the drama surrounding that more on Vettel/Webber?

There was radio chatter before the pass between him and Jenson the lap after Vettel and Webber's incident. Can't remember specifically, but I think that had a part to play as to why Lewis was so glum on the podium then. The following quotes were picked up from the official 2010 FIA highlights video.

Engineer "Lewis, we need you to save fuel. Both cars doing the same."
Lewis - "Jenson is closing in on me, you guys."
Engineer - "Understood, Lewis."
Lewis - "If I back off, is Jenson going to pass me or not?"
Engineer - "No, Lewis, no."

neoanarch

Four more years of Hugo Chavez, 4 more years of Maldonado?

I think the Venezuelan term is longer than that.

First post since Suzuka. So disappointed about Perez, I don't understand why he was so aggressive its not his style at all. All that tempered by a Sauber podium for Kamui!! Amazing end with Button closing in but Kamui able to hold him off long enough.

@JensonButton

Congratulations @Kamui_Kobayashi on your first F1 podium.. Extra special in front of your home crowd. #almostgotya!

acm2000

lol wow, you've gotta be a pretty hardcore alonso fanboy to blame kimi for fernandos error, kimi had no room, he even drove off the grass, if he didnt get back on the tarmac, there wouldve been a huge pile up as kimi spins back into the pack, in fernandos defence, im not sure he entirely knew where kimi was, but he left him no room, so if have to blame someone, its alonso, or else its just a "racing incident"

fairly dull race all in all, if kimi can finally get a win under his belt, the title is there, but the RB's are too strong now, title is vettels

Hammer24

Banned
Well, the most interesting question regarding Alonso´s DNF is: Why didn´t his anti stall program work? Did he forget to work the clutch, or did the program malfunction, that should have put the gearbox to neutral?
However, as only his tire was damaged, he should have been able to continue.
Some more tidbits:
- RBR Helmut Marko mad at GRO, asks for a three race ban, can´t understand why he does get "a clean state" after his last ban
- Marko also somewhat mad at VET for getting the fastest lap close before the finish. "We told him he´s got everything under control, but he still takes this risk. Looks like he doesn´t learn."
- BUT had more problems with his gear box - sort of. On his pit stop his right rear brake disk caught fire, thus overheating some sensors, that in turn gave wrong signals to the gear box that shifted to neutral some times. After getting cooler, it started to work again.
- HAM had trouble with rubber pickup in his front wing. They had to clean it on the pit stops.

Business

Well, the most interesting question regarding Alonso´s DNF is: Why didn´t his anti stall program work? Did he forget to work the clutch, or did the program malfunction, that should have put the gearbox to neutral?
However, as only his tire was damaged, he should have been able to continue.

Regardless of that, I don't see how he would have made it back to the pits without damaging the wheel and losing an absolutely massive amount of time.

1qYhi.jpg

Others have done this in the past.
Aye, you just need to take it real slowly. It could have arguably worked for him with the new "lapped cars are allowed to unlap themselves" rule for the safety car too.

- Marko also somewhat mad at VET for getting the fastest lap close before the finish. "We told him he´s got everything under control, but he still takes this risk. Looks like he doesn´t learn."
At this stage they should really just accept it's part of who he is. If he likes getting fastest laps then he's going to go for it at the end, and they're not going to be able to change that.

Cigol

Ouch what a clanger. I think we've all thrown one of them before - but not in the public eye. Real face palm moment. Must be some bad blood between Lewis and his team if he's so easy to fly off the handle like that. It's a shame he's so weak mentally. Can't wait to see how he handles the media next week, it's pretty embarrassing, but Button is going to have a lot of fun with it I imagine.

I would've thought that a month ago, but I'm starting to warm to him I think. He's definitely improved during the year IMO.

Or maybe we just have Grosjean for comparison and I guess he comes off pretty good.

To be honest I share the exact same feeling lol .. But as you said, Gros might have over-shadowed him

===================

I'd rather get the right hook

Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport added that Webber had said to Grosjean, “Look me in the eye, Romain” as he gave the Frenchman a serious dressing-down.

“If you go on like this, you won’t be here long,” the Red Bull driver reportedly added.

I'd shit my pants if he talks to me like this. The chin is scary enough

Grosjean clearly has talent, he can be properly fast when he's paying attention, so I'd really like to see what he can do when he stops taking himself and whoever happens to be around out. I think if anything is gonna have a shot at sorting him out it's being yelled at by an incredibly pissed Webber. I'd be hoping for another suspension so I don't have to go through that again, I think.

Shaneus

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, though. Makes no sense:
But Boullier also said: “We could see in Singapore, when Romain was back on track (after the Monza ban), that the other drivers were putting some pressure on him at the start.”

And this may or may not be news. Massa practically confirmed, The Hulk moving (sideways?) to Sauber. Gives him a path to Ferrari, I guess. Bide his time for a few years until Massa's out.

Grosjean clearly has talent, he can be properly fast when he's paying attention, so I'd really like to see what he can do when he stops taking himself and whoever happens to be around out. I think if anything is gonna have a shot at sorting him out it's being yelled at by an incredibly pissed Webber. I'd be hoping for another suspension so I don't have to go through that again, I think.
Yeah, I think he'd learn from that a lot more than a race ban.

I bet if he starts anywhere near Webber in Korea, he'll leave a wet patch on the asphalt on the starting grid. And it won't be from oil.

CiSTM

Banned
Hülkenberg to Sauber is a great thing, fast car and a team with potential.

Fuck! If the Pic Jr. / pay-driver rumors are true then Kobi is out next season :(
Maybe not out altogether but he will be in some shitty team that has no chance of winning or even placing well.

No, I think he means the quote afterwards, where Boulier said that drivers were pressuring Grosjean because they knew he'd have to back down.

I'm down one.

Next race I can upgrade my Lotus chassis or McLaren engine to Redbul. I might change the Lotus to Redbull

I have Raikkonen who's the most expensive driver now, so if I reduce that to Hamilton, whom I think will score more points in the coming 5 races, I'm left with so much money :)

mmmmm tough choices

Top Bottom