• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Surprising non-move at #5. I was sure having Hamilton & Webber would have fucked me.

As for the rumour about Hulk to Sauber for two years, that's just plain odd. Unless he has any insider knowledge about an impending implosion at Force India, it would be an unusual choice to make a multi-year commitment to.

nny

Cy1sH.jpg

So there's this French expression - Quelle domage (what a shame/pity) - but in Romain Crashjean's case is more like:

image.png

Leunam

Had a thought the other day. Last year, or the year before, Vettel said that Newey staying at Red Bull was key for him staying as well. Could that mean that Newey might be leaving Red Bull soon having been offered a deal at Mercedes in 2014? That would coincide with the supposed deal that Vettel has at Ferrari.

Had a thought the other day. Last year, or the year before, Vettel said that Newey staying at Red Bull was key for him staying as well. Could that mean that Newey might be leaving Red Bull soon having been offered a deal at Mercedes in 2014? That would coincide with the supposed deal that Vettel has at Ferrari.

If Newey is going anywhere, it's into retirement most likely.

Twitter is the fastest way to look like an idiot. I don't understand why he has no PR guy for the social networking thing, it's obviously that Hamilton is not smart enough to handle it alone.

Twitter is the fastest way to look like an idiot. I don't understand why he has no PR guy for the social networking thing, it's obviously that Hamilton is not smart enough to handle it alone.

When his dad was managing him, he more or less had his shit together.

i have a feeling his new management company does nothing but feed his ego. His public persona has certainly suffered since the change.

Ultimately, the core personality of someone who can put Nicole Scherezeunznuenzuenerrere is probably not one that I could align with.

Yoritomo

Vettel dominated races can be pretty boring, but it's always hilarious to hear his engineer try to make up reasons for Vettel to not go after fastest lap without just coming out and saying, "You'll look like a twat if you bin it while going after fastest lap, Slow the fuck down."

Shaneus

So, the word "cunt" isn't a bannable offense around here anymore.

This would've been useful two fucking days ago before Suzuka!

PS. Vettel's a cunt.

PPS. Perez is even more of a cunt. I dropped two fucking places in F1RM despite having a killer team! I'm still out of the top 50 :( FFS.

Massa

All he's gotta do is not act like a tool?

He did do that, but at least I'll give him credit based on two things:

1) He actually handles his Twitter account all by himself (or did until now). Gotta respect that.

2) Several other people (including gaffers in this thread) made the same mistake that he did. He's just got a lot more people paying attention to his mistakes and mocking him for it.

Dead Man

He did do that, but at least I'll give him credit based on two things:

1) He actually handles his Twitter account all by himself (or did until now). Gotta respect that.

2) Several other people (including gaffers in this thread) made the same mistake that he did. He's just got a lot more people paying attention to his mistakes and mocking him for it.

If I give my cat the responsibility for dinner, I'm not going to be congratulating her when she fails to cook anything just because she is doing it herself.

Vettel dominated races can be pretty boring, but it's always hilarious to hear his engineer try to make up reasons for Vettel to not go after fastest lap without just coming out and saying, "You'll look like a twat if you bin it while going after fastest lap, Slow the fuck down."

I was amused by at least 2 transmissions that were thinly vieled "Slow the fuck down" messages.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just finished watching the race and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

So happy for him.

Unfortunate for many and I really hope Ferrari get their shit together to fight Vettel.

Hammer24

Banned
Just read this one: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/the-value-or-lack-of-it-of-f1-pay-drivers/

Gave me insight on prize money, pay drivers around F1, sorry if it's like common knowledge already.

Interesting analysis, but I think some of his numbers are wrong. Especially the conclusion regarding Williams seems to be wrong. If the pay drivers MAL and SEN would have finished their races on the places they were on the grid when they dnf, Williams would have so much more points, and a better standing, to offset the money they brought.

Berger believes Ferrari should dump Massa

“This makes no sense,” he told Germany’s Auto Bild. “It’s never just about one race.

“I would put Hulkenberg or di Resta in his place. They are young and fast — exactly what Ferrari needs to fight for the constructors’ title,” added Berger.

Grosjean’s career not in danger for now admits Boullier

Eric Boullier was vague when asked if Romain Grosjean’s constant first-lap crashes have endangered his future in Formula One.

“Not for now,” said the Lotus team boss, who doubles as the head of the Gravity company that manages the beleaguered Frenchman’s career.

=======

For now, Boullier is defending his driver.

“Even Schumacher had a lot of crashes at the start of his career,” he said. “But everyone in the team is frustrated, me included.”

=======

The RMC Sport report said Grosjean should be able to hang on to his seat for 2013, given that Lotus’ most important sponsor, Total, also staunchly backs the 2011 GP2 champion.

The report also said Lotus’ contract ‘option’ to retain Grosjean in 2013 expires the day after Sunday’s Korean grand prix.

Lotus sidelines ‘double DRS’ for now - Coanda exhaust to appear in Korea

In the meantime, Lotus is ready to test a Mercedes-style ‘Coanda’ exhaust layout this weekend in Korea, the German magazine reported.

Allison confirmed: “Since the launch of the E20 we have always been working on a Coanda exhaust in the wind tunnel.

“As we have seen that the benefits are greater than our current system, it was clear that we needed to implement it.”

Raikkonen: How do I learn a new circuit? I drive it

What are your thoughts heading to a new track?

I’ve never been to Korea, but it doesn’t make a difference for me. Since I was very young I have always been able to pick up circuits very quickly. This has not changed.

What do you do to learn a new circuit?

I drive it. I know some drivers work hard in simulators to learn a new circuit, but they are not for me. I have never played the Playstation or spent too much time in the simulator and it doesn’t seem to have affected my performance in the past. We have three hours practice on Friday and a further one hour before qualifying on Saturday so all the drivers will know the circuit very well.

Business

Guys I'll be in the UK this weekend. If the Korean GP is on BBC is it possible to watch it live on an iPad with iPlayer?

Dougald

Mine only started when Sky got the race contracts, craftily assuming that most of us are too cheap to subscribe

So now I spend more money in the pub than the cost of a sky sub.. better spent I say!

come to think of it, some wetherspoon pubs open at 7, most at 8 tho

I'm sure they will open earlier for the race. If you're there a night before the race just ask them

Pastor keeping his options open

"At the moment there is a chance to go to other teams but we are considering remaining here, but it is still too early," he said.

"The team usually confirm their drivers at the end of the season but we are talking, negotiating.

Time for Lotus to snatch that $55 mil. And he's a better quality than Grosjean so not a bad deal at all

McLaren relaxed about Sergio Perez's Japanese Grand Prix errors

"I thought it was quite keen," said Whitmarsh about the Perez moment. "I think the first [overtaking] move was quite good, the second move less good.

"So I think we have someone who wants to go out there, race and challenge, and there is a diamond that needs to be honed there. That is quite an interesting challenge."

Business

lol I'm not really waking up to go to the pub, plus I'm not staying in a hotel, that's why I ask if it's possible to watch it on the iPad.

Top Bottom