• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

FP2 just finished, seems like pole is locked to Vettel, smashing the fastest time of the session. Ferrari are gambling on a low downforce setup which i don't think works, it's just 1 long straight and a half!

Shaneus

vettelgangnam.jpg
Bahahaha. YES! That's amazing.
FP2 just finished, seems like pole is locked to Vettel, smashing the fastest time of the session. Ferrari are gambling on a low downforce setup which i don't think works, it's just 1 long straight and a half!
Yeah, Vettel seems to have dominated... though obviously we don't know what changes were made b/w FP2 and 3 or how the drivers were treating it. Hopefully the qualifying's more like FP2 than FP3!

Vettel domination for the rest of the season.

On 15th October the video component of BBC Red Button on Sky, FreeSat and Virgin Media will be reduced from five to one stream, bringing it in line with our Freeview offer. We are doing this because these services rely entirely on linear broadcast technologies, which are not cost-effective for an interactive service like the red button.

FP sessions to BBC HD? lol

No more classic grand prix, and no F1 Forum when a GP clashes with the gymnastics.

moojito

Aye, the finger has it.

edit: those force indias are always really closely matched. Very consistent, hulk and di resta.

Shaneus

That aside, wtf Hamilton & Alonso?
Exactly. I missed the first bit of Q1, but their times couldn't have been that crash hot to start with. Risking far too much, pulling in that early.

Apparently the track is improving fairly dramatically as time goes on.

Usual suspects looking safe now, but Alonso will hurt after having to use the supers.

Shaneus

Webber was having problems this morning? Anyone have any idea what that was?

And just to clarify, DDRS is where the DRS opens a vent that pipes air to the front wing to reduce drag or something, yeah?

Webber was having problems this morning? Anyone have any idea what that was?

And just to clarify, DDRS is where the DRS opens a vent that pipes air to the front wing to reduce drag or something, yeah?

Webber had engine electrical problems, and yeah, DDRS is basically that (though the red bull system works on the lower part of the rear wing).

Pimpwerx

That fucking STR cost Button a trip to Q3, and probably cost my fantasy team pretty big as a result. I knew I should have gone all Red Bull. PEACE.

Shaneus

It never fails that somebody always brings out a yellow on everybody's hot lap and ruins the end of a qualifying session.
It's the second time in a row it's happened, but I can't remember it happening again this year.

If it's any consolation to those hedging bets on McLaren, a few look like they might drop back for not slowing down for the yellow.

I missed what happened to Ricciardo's car... some kind of mech failure?

Shaneus

"What do you have to do from P11?"
Fucking mickey mouse questioning there. What sort of answer do you expect?!?

PS. Hoping the Lotii get penalised for possibly not slowing down with the yellow.

Top Bottom