• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Massa

What's the point of letting Massa fight Alonso? He didn't do shit for the entire season and now that he suddenly found some pace, he's supposed to be treated like Alonso? What a joke.

Nobody is saying anything about being treated like Alonso. I don't think any driver in F1 will have that luxury for the foreseeable future.

Pimpwerx

Hamilton is a great guy and even better driver and here is a great opportunity to post my favorite picture of him, photographed by great friend of mine, Armin Smailovic.

This photograph is even more foretelling than it was 3 years ago when it was made in Mercedes museum for purposes of Hamilton's interview for one German magazine.

Armin works and lives in Germany but also in the whole world. If you are interested you can check his whole portfolio here.

fixed_2004.jpg

That's a really cool pic. I'm gonna make an avatar out of it. PEACE.

As long as only one driver has a mathematical possibility, regardless of how slim, it's a really bad idea to not do everything possible to help them out. For example, Kimi in 2007. This championship is faaaaar from over despite Vettel's recent pace, so Massa will just have to play his part.

Massa

Once the title is settled alonso might let massa have some token glory, like vettel did for webber in brazil last year.

More like Vettel didn't care because he was too busy celebrating his title. Alonso on the other hand will be drowned in tears by the Brazilian GP, who knows what kind of team orders he'll give.

More like Vettel didn't care because he was too busy celebrating his title. Alonso on the other hand will be drowned in tears by the Brazilian GP, who knows what kind of team orders he'll give.

Vettel did care because he wanted to surpass Schumachers record for most wins in 1 season.

And he kept being a dick about it until he was told to move aside :lol

Shaneus

Jackie Stewart dropping truth bombs
Former F1 champion Sir Jackie Stewart does not believe Sebastian Vettel can yet be called one of the greats, even if he wins a third straight title.

The Red Bull driver won his fourth race of 2012 in Korea last weekend to take the lead in the drivers' standings.“Vettel completely dominated the Korean Grand Prix and drove in such a mature fashion for a 25-year-old”
But Stewart told BBC Sport: "If you've got a superior car, it's relatively easy to win the championship.
"To really show you're one of the greatest, you have to deliver when you haven't got the best machinery."
The three-time world champion added: "I have the highest respect for Sebastian, but he could not have achieved what he has without the [Red Bull design chief] Adrian Newey factor."
Believe.

Also, he hasn't won in one of his own cars, so he's still not as good as Sir Jack Brabham.

Silly. It's rare that someone wins in a car that isn't the best, or at least the best for a good portion of the season. If Alonso wins this year it would be the case.

...and frankly, if the car was as good as they make it out to be then Webber would have come second last year instead of a distant third. :D

/runs

Hammer24

Banned
Page not found :/

Also, <3 Hammer! Where was that from? Is that an actual thing from something (like Gangnam)?

Poster shown at the Korea GP. :)

If you mean Félix da Costa from the "young drivers" he's not Brazilian but Portuguese.

As a brazilian, I made myself the same question, heh.

He's portuguese, not brazilian. :p

Yes, sorry guys, with the Massa news and them speaking the same language, I mixed it up. My mistake, mea culpa. :)

Now for some news, Pirelli announced the tyres for the last races. When comparing this to last year, please remember that this years tyres are in all softer than last years mixture.
- India Soft & Hard
- Abu Dhabi Soft & Medium (like last year, mainly two stops in 2011)
- Austin Medium & Hard (to play it safe)
- Brazil Medium & Hard (Soft & Medium last year, two and three stops in 2011)
No more Super Softs, as Pirelli takes the conservative approach - they don´t want their tyres to be the deciding factor in the WDC.

I've kinda grown to like Massa a bit as the season has progressed. Probably out of pity and the fact that he looks a little "slow" but he's had some bright spots this second half.

Never would have I thought this was possible just a month or two ago. I guess no one is super shocked at the signing? It seems almost everyone had been rumored to take his place.

kitch9

Banned
Hamilton was supposed to help him and he didn't. They ended up having the same points in the end although lewis enjoyed the help of his team, proving Alonso is the betterr of the two, for sure.

For sure...... Yeah, for sure..... Absolutely.

Sure.

Nooooo Doubt.

FO SHO...

*End Sarcasm.*

Dead Man

Silly. It's rare that someone wins in a car that isn't the best, or at least the best for a good portion of the season. If Alonso wins this year it would be the case.

...and frankly, if the car was as good as they make it out to be then Webber would have come second last year instead of a distant third. :D

/runs

It's rare now. Not so much 20 or 30 years ago. Frankly I wouldn't rate any of the current drivers as all time greats except Schumi, the rest have just not been around long enough.

Shaneus

http://whatwillkimidonext.com/

site is dead. hammered to hell i suspect.

Interestingly enough after a refresh it redirects to

http://makiaclothing.com/racing/index.html

which is also dead.
Zbv4V.png

I've kinda grown to like Massa a bit as the season has progressed. Probably out of pity and the fact that he looks a little "slow" but he's had some bright spots this second half.

Never would have I thought this was possible just a month or two ago. I guess no one is super shocked at the signing? It seems almost everyone had been rumored to take his place.
Yeah, I'm kinda glad he'll still be there for another year. It may still be a pity thing, but I was genuinely happy when he made it onto the podium at Suzuka and has finished pretty closely to Alonso in this latter half.

Foshy

What's this Makia Racing stuff? Lotus changing their name or a completely new team? Site doesn't really work.

Edit: Just a sponsor, apparently.

Hammer24

Banned

In the end this is no real surprise. Who would have taken a one year drive with Ferrari?
And Ferrari themselves would have had to answer some arkward questions, why they would sign someone new just for one year.
Massa is the brave loyal soldier they need as a clearcut #2, and as such he´s definitely the best paid in F1. He´ll take a one year gig when he can get it.

Doesn't matter though, it's not up to the driver to announce anything before the team does. Of course it was going to end up being something silly like the advertising deal here.

I was joking. It was silly to assume that a contract related thing would be announced with a teaser, countdown and crap like that. No driver would do that, especially not Kimi.

duckroll

I was joking. It was silly to assume that a contract related thing would be announced with a teaser, countdown and crap like that. No driver would do that, especially not Kimi.

Maybe Hamilton might.

Okay, I'm sorry Hamilton fans. I shouldn't hit him when he's down. :(

Top Bottom