• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Will this do?

lnwv3.png

So, so good. :D

mclaren777

For someone who hasn't been following F1 for long, why would Vettel move to Ferrari if he's having so much success at Red Bull? Just because it's "Ferrari" ?

I don't buy the Ferrari rumors either. Only an idiot would leave Red Bull and drive for Ferrari, especially with Alonso there.

Porsche back to Formula 1?

Only if the FIA makes a favorable decision about the 2014 engine regulations.

NBC Sports Network & NBC confirmed to get the F1 TV rights in the US for the next 4 years

Crap. This means the coverage will probably be "dumbed down" for the first season while the commentators explain everything to the n00bs. :(

- Ron Dennis just lost a couple million bucks. He invested heavily in the McLaren Tooned series, preparing a comic book and even a movie - with HAM gone, thats not a keeper.

I've really enjoyed the Tooned series so I'm bummed that I won't get to watch this movie now.

Massa

I've kinda grown to like Massa a bit as the season has progressed. Probably out of pity and the fact that he looks a little "slow" but he's had some bright spots this second half.

Never would have I thought this was possible just a month or two ago. I guess no one is super shocked at the signing? It seems almost everyone had been rumored to take his place.

Massa's been strongly rumored to leave Ferrari every year for the past 4 years at least. The European press loves to replace his seat.

mclaren777

Teams win concession from FIA

Ecclestone had originally been keen to revise the F1 Commission to an 18-man body, made up of six team representatives, six FIA members and six members from Formula One Management.

The presence of just six teams - which were going to be Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes, Williams and Lotus – meant that other outfits would effectively be left with no say in how rules were proposed to the FIA.

NBC Sports Network & NBC confirmed to get the F1 TV rights in the US for the next 4 years

Canadian Grand Prix race airs on NBC along with the last 3 races. Other 16 races on NBC Sports Network.

They intend to air everything live (practice, quals, race) but are working through a few scheduling conflicts.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ghts_to_formula_one/srvc=sports&position=also

Negatives: Varsha and Hobbs re probably stuck at Fox/SPEED so I doubt they are coming to NBC

Positives: NBC doesn't have the NFL cockblocking the U.S. Grand Prix being on free TV. Plus, they can do something more substantial than Speed is doing with pre and post-race coverage. I've been impressed with their NHL coverage, as I expected them to fuck it up badly.

Thought this was quite refreshing by Webber:

Seb has now won three races in a row and everyone seems to think he has the championship in his pocket.

But think back to Valencia, where we were very strong and it looked like we were on our way again. And then we weren't.

That's why Korea last weekend was a good confirmation for us that we were going in the right direction.

Japan was very good for us, and normally if you are quick on that track it is a good indicator that you will be quick elsewhere.

But you can say the same about Silverstone and Barcelona, and we weren't the fastest car there.

OK, I won Silverstone, but I beat Fernando Alonso because Ferrari didn't choose the right tyre strategy.

You don't see that very often.

mblitek

Ready for some more tidbits? No? Well, here they come anyways...: ;-P
- with Buemi about to get a drive, RBR needs a new simulator guy. Brasilian Felix da Costa gets the job. In addition, they want him to win the Renault world series to prepare for a Toro Rosso seat.
- Ron Dennis just lost a couple million bucks. He invested heavily in the McLaren Tooned series, preparing a comic book and even a movie - with HAM gone, thats not a keeper...
- everyone in the circus had big fun on Peter Sauber birthday. Eddie Jordan delivered a nice speech, and even the marshalls got in on the fun: they handed him an official FIA letter, containing sanctions for curfew breaking. Attached was a foto from the pit lane cameras, altered to make it look like it was shot at night, with Peter strolling the pit lanes.
- WEB very mad at Armstrong. He says as a bicycle fan he is very much disappointed in him, and thinks it destroys the sport.[/QUOTE]

Keep them coming!

Where is Buemi going?

Webber is just a beast overall in any sport, especially cycling. He had to know Armstrong doped, my physiotherapist & his other clients (ex sprinter & triathletes) says it's just a given and that it was just a question of when, not if.

Edit: I meant to hit "Submit Reply" ~2days ago?

Hammer24

Banned
Where is Buemi going?

All signs point to Force India.

For today I´ve got some (crazy) stats for you guys to chew on:
- VET is chasing Ascaris 1952 record of most consecutive laps in the lead. Ascari had 305, VET stands at 147.
- Renault just got its 200th pole. Despite getting into the F1 business 27 years later than Ferrari, they are just 8 poles away from them.
- VET just got his 25th win. It took him 97 GP´s to get there. In comparison: MSC needed 92 GP´s, ALO 154.
- There is just one driver in F1 with exactly 9 wins. There is just one driver in F1 with exactly 11 poles. Guess.
- The podium VET-WEB-ALO happened for the fourth time in F1 history. There has never been five times the same podium.
- In the last five races, ALO either finished 3rd, or crashed in lap 1.
- Its the first time since Luxemburg 1997 with Alesi and Panis that two French drivers finished in the points.
- PER finished 11th. Its the 7th time in 33 races he finished on this spot just outside the points.
- HAM 10th place finished means McLaren now got 54 consecutive races finished in the points. The record holds Ferrari with 55.
- Speaking of HAM, since his announcement of going to Merc, the silver arrows got zero points.
- ALO is the only of this years drivers, who started every race and didn´t get any kind of penalty.
- In MSC first career from 1991 to 2006 he only once finished a race outside the points (China 2004 in P12). In his second career with Merc this just happened for the 10th time.

acm2000

All signs point to Force India.

For today I´ve got some (crazy) stats for you guys to chew on:
- VET is chasing Ascaris 1952 record of most consecutive laps in the lead. Ascari had 305, VET stands at 147.
- Renault just got its 200th pole. Despite getting into the F1 business 27 years later than Ferrari, they are just 8 poles away from them.
- VET just got his 25th win. It took him 97 GP´s to get there. In comparison: MSC needed 92 GP´s, ALO 154.
- There is just one driver in F1 with exactly 9 wins. There is just one driver in F1 with exactly 11 poles. Guess.
- The podium VET-WEB-ALO happened for the fourth time in F1 history. There has never been five times the same podium.
- In the last five races, ALO either finished 3rd, or crashed in lap 1.
- Its the first time since Luxemburg 1997 with Alesi and Panis that two French drivers finished in the points.
- PER finished 11th. Its the 7th time in 33 races he finished on this spot just outside the points.
- HAM 10th place finished means McLaren now got 54 consecutive races finished in the points. The record holds Ferrari with 55.
- Speaking of HAM, since his announcement of going to Merc, the silver arrows got zero points.
- ALO is the only of this years drivers, who started every race and didn´t get any kind of penalty.
- In MSC first career from 1991 to 2006 he only once finished a race outside the points (China 2004 in P12). In his second career with Merc this just happened for the 10th time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Monaco_Grand_Prix ?

CiSTM

Banned
Swedish paper is saying Kobi is in negotiations with Caterham since Kovi might get boot from the team. I really hope this isn't true. I want to see Kobi in a real team.

Shaneus

Swedish paper is saying Kobi is in negotiations with Caterham since Kovi might get boot from the team. I really hope this isn't true. I want to see Kobi in a real team.
Is Petrov 100% out? A Petrov and KK team I could get behind. Except Angry Heikki isn't anywhere near bad enough to not get a drive anywhere. He could slot in literally anywhere and make a good drive of it.

CiSTM

Banned
Is Petrov 100% out? A Petrov and KK team I could get behind. Except Angry Heikki isn't anywhere near bad enough to not get a drive anywhere. He could slot in literally anywhere and make a good drive of it.
Don't know, at this point it seems that only thing sure is that Charles Pic will drive at Caterham. Apparently some sources say Kovi is asking too much money and other say it's not about money but length of the contract. I actually could see Heikki still driving at Caterham next year.

Shaneus

So there's contracts signed for Pic then? Damn, not looking good for Petrov when Caterham might be able to choose between Heikki and KK :(

Fuck.

CiSTM

Banned
So there's contracts signed for Pic then? Damn, not looking good for Petrov when Caterham might be able to choose between Heikki and KK :(

Fuck.

Big speculations only, but apparently he would bring around 15$ million with him. Maybe Petrov's sponors will fight back. Or not since IIRC many of them were hoping to Petrov to drive in better team during 2012.

Shaneus

Ahahahahahaha. Oh, F1 Slate. I love you.

PS. I NEED to have that Kimi t-shirt they're advertising on that page for next year's Melbourne GP. I bet I get looks.

Top Bottom