• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Hammer24

Banned
- At the end of the DTM season Coulthard officially ends his racing career. Haug held a very nice laudatio for him.
- German AMS has a nice 3D animation video up showing how RBR´s DDRS works. Even if You´re not familiar with the language, I recommend watching it, as its pretty much selfexplaining.

Same, he deserves a seat further up the grid at the very least.

Why?

I don't think any team boss would put him in their competitive car after he flopped at McLaren. The guy is shite, does he even bring sponsorship millions with him? He'll be stuck in a shit car until he's forced out of F1 by someone who does.

acm2000

Jesus Christ that onboard video. It looks like his helmet was scraping the ground the entire way.

yeah, it wasnt tho, well, not until he got a helmet full of grass that is, kudos goes to the cars safety design, it worked, the porsche driver on the other hand... wtf was he thinking

Why?

I don't think any team boss would put him in their competitive car after he flopped at McLaren. The guy is shite, does he even bring sponsorship millions with him? He'll be stuck in a shit car until he's forced out of F1 by someone who does.

It´s great that someone has said this. He´s mediocre at best and for some reason people on GAF love him. He lucked out on a win once (Hungary when Massa exploded) but never done much else in his carrear.

There are better drivers out there to be driving good cars.

Shaneus

- German AMS has a nice 3D animation video up showing how RBR´s DDRS works. Even if You´re not familiar with the language, I recommend watching it, as its pretty much selfexplaining.
They're showing it working on Vettel's car because Webber's doesn't have it.

Also, Heikki isn't that good? I never paid close attention to him prior to Caterham/Lotus... but would you say he's better than Petrov? The two seem to be fairly evenly matched with the green team, but you can hardly use that as a benchmark.

Jesus. Pretty fucking blatant, there. I guess we know what Fucking Grosjean does between races!

RayStorm

Also, Heikki isn't that good? I never paid close attention to him prior to Caterham/Lotus... but would you say he's better than Petrov? The two seem to be fairly evenly matched with the green team, but you can hardly use that as a benchmark.

Considering the qualifying results I'd consider Heikki a notch above Petrov. And I for one think he'd be quite good in filling the Barichello/Massa role.

Heikki is better than Petrov, but that's hardly something worth bragging about.

He's another guy like Jarno Trulli who believes in his own hype and thinks he's as good as he thinks he is(he's not, he's mediocre), but just like Trulli, he'll probably be phased out of Caterham and F1 completely.

He's had 8 years in this sport to prove himself, it's time to set aside and give younger drivers with future potential a chance.

It´s great that someone has said this. He´s mediocre at best and for some reason people on GAF love him. He lucked out on a win once (Hungary when Massa exploded) but never done much else in his carrear.

There are better drivers out there to be driving good cars.

Well he had rather nice debut season with Renault and he won the race of champions once. Mclaren years were pretty shitty though like you said (Didn't help that the team gave him heavier car for qualifying everytime but once compared to Hamilton...really don't know why).

Yen

Heikki is better than Petrov, but that's hardly something worth bragging about.

He's another guy like Jarno Trulli who believes in his own hype and thinks he's as good as he thinks he is(he's not, he's mediocre), but just like Trulli, he'll probably be phased out of Caterham and F1 completely.

He's had 8 years in this sport to prove himself, it's time to set aside and give younger drivers with future potential a chance.

8 years? Wow, I don't remember him before McLaren.

NHale

Well he had rather nice debut season with Renault and he won the race of champions once. Mclaren years were pretty shitty though like you said (Didn't help that the team gave him heavier car for qualifying everytime but once compared to Hamilton...really don't know why).

It's never a great sign if this is one of his career highlights. Heikki already showed he's not a WDC type of driver but he deserves to compete in a midfield team to see if he can compete at that level.

Aegus

So it's now going to take place in the middle of the World Cup? Wonder if I could save up enough by then to do a NYC -> WC trip...

Would be amazing.

Was looking forward to seeing a GP at New Jersey, guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

Would be great if we get Turkey back for next year, love that track.

Top Bottom