• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Shaneus

Kobayashi Looking for Sponsor

I'd totally chip in for a kickstarter if he did one. Signed photos for £5, a lock of his hair for £10, Kobayashi made Sushi for £100. etc.
I would even just donate if it meant he got to stay in the sport. I wouldn't even care if I got some kind of reward or not. Dude needs to be in F1.

I'm sure that some Japanese company will hear the call and get him the backing he needs. Sucks that drivers like him and Petrov have to rely on money from their respective countries to be able to stay in the sport :(

I would even just donate if it meant he got to stay in the sport. I wouldn't even care if I got some kind of reward or not. Dude needs to be in F1.

I'm sure that some Japanese company will hear the call and get him the backing he needs. Sucks that drivers like him and Petrov have to rely on money from their respective countries to be able to stay in the sport :(
I don't get your love for Petrov. He's not even fun to watch, unlike Kobayashi.

The only relevant thing ever he did was killing Alonso's championship in 2010.

Hammer24

Banned
Some stuff:
- WestLB wants Bernie to pony up 400M $
- Kimi still thinks he´ll win the WDC, said something to the tune of last years WDC was only decided in the last race
- Ferrari brought all the parts from their Spain aero tests to India, vows to aggressively develop til the end
- RBR will keep developing til at least Abu Dhabi
- Kaltenborn said they want to overtake Merc in the constructors at all costs
- Lotus will have and use the coanda for both cars, plus new front wing, want to take P3 from McL in the constructors
- Grosjean now has a mental trainer helping him drive defensive in the first lap
- Toro Rosso heaping praise on new technical director James Key. Thanks to him they drove into the points four times in the last five races

Hammer24

Banned
I've already seen other drivers taking advantage of the fact that he ABSOLUTELY can't crash any more; pushing him all over the track. I doubt this will make it any better.

Its funny how he´s playing coy about it. Said he already had a mental trainer from 2005 to 2007, but that this trainer isn´t really a mental mental trainer, but some other kind of mental trainer. Snickers all around...

mclaren777

I don't get your love for Petrov...The only relevant thing ever he did was killing Alonso's championship in 2010.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

That's actually why I support Petrov. Plus, I like the historical irony of a Russian and a Finn being on the same team.

I wish I can find that video of when Alonso lost in 2010, he was sitting on a corner, sipping from his drink bottle with the Ferrari staff surrounding him and Massa walks by and taps him like

634798639221257881.jpg

KuGsj.gif

jambo

I found Senna on Blu-ray cheap last night so grabbed a copy.

Watched the extended edition this morning, I did like the extra interviews, but I prefer the original theatrical cut as some of the extra interviews suddenly pop up in the middle of music or an emotional scene.

The ending still gets me =[

pants

i.e. now, Grosjean is out, just went 4th

Ham and But 1 &2

EDIT: OMG my live streaming account isnt working, I have to watch on the wall mounted tv .. my boss is surely going to notice me paying more attention to F1 than work <.<

Massa is continuing his quest for turning into a clown. But this time he did it with a very nice drift followed by a 3-wheel jump over a Massa kerb :)

*edit*

10 mins later he finished the job by taking ANOTHER kerb too hard and spinning into the grass, killing his tyres :)

Omiee

by the looks of it the field is very very very close. alonso and vettel changing fastest laps.

race sunday should be interesting.

Are you kidding? These free practises show ALL of the typiscal RBR weekend-dominating trademarks. This race will be one to skip.

At least the fantasy league gambles will be easy enough.

Let me give you a big spoiler for the weekend:
- Vettel or Webber take pole
- Webber bogs out at start while Vettel darts away into the distance.
- Vettel leads from start to finish
- Vettel takes championship the next race (or the one after)

There you go. What started out as a great season has watered down to another Newey & Vettel show.

Omiee

Are you kidding? These free practises show ALL of the typiscal RBR weekend-dominating trademarks. This race will be one to skip.

At least the fantasy league gambles will be easy enough.

Let me give you a big spoiler for the weekend:
- Vettel or Webber take pole
- Webber bogs out at start while Vettel darts away into the distance.
- Vettel leads from start to finish
- Vettel takes championship the next race (or the one after)

There you go. What started out as a great season has watered down to another Newey & Vettel show.

yeah as soon as i posted that i saw vettel take 6 tenths out of alonso's lap.

i still think ferrari is very close, the race will be fun to watch. Turn 3 will be a scene for a crash or two.

So RBR gonna have a new alternator from Austin onwards.. . interesting. .

And why is Alonso whining again? I think Ferrari have done a lot to please him, but he's so jealous of Seb's toy so he takes it on his own team?

Typical Alonso

Hammer24

Banned
Oh well, looks like another snooze fest ahead.
VET fastest in quali AND race trim. Only McL and Lotus look somewhat competitive in race trim. Fer and Merc might look somewhat competent in quali, race not so much.
The best we can hope for is some MAS spectacularity....

Oh well, looks like another snooze fest ahead.
VET fastest in quali AND race trim. Only McL and Lotus look somewhat competitive in race trim. Fer and Merc might look somewhat competent in quali, race not so much.
The best we can hope for is some MAS spectacularity....

Is that my queue?

rombann_630.jpg

Someone tell Hamilton to shave.
Yup. Either that or grow a proper beard and not that inbetween pencil thing.

As for RBR and a new alternator... I'd have thought they'd want to stay as far away from something like that as is humanly possible in these last 4 races. Sure, it might give them full KERS if they do, but at least they know the 2011 one is reliable.

Dilly

Banned
So RBR gonna have a new alternator from Austin onwards.. . interesting. .

And why is Alonso whining again? I think Ferrari have done a lot to please him, but he's so jealous of Seb's toy so he takes it on his own team?

Typical Alonso

Yeah, no championships after 3 years with Ferrari and lost 2 in the last few races.

But he doesn't have a reason to whine because they have done a lot? Are you fucking serious? Do you lose the ability to place anything you read about Alonso in context just to start whining about it here?

DD

Yeah, no championships after 3 years with Ferrari and lost 2 in the last few races.

But he doesn't have a reason to whine because they have done a lot? Are you fucking serious? Do you lose the ability to place anything you read about Alonso in context just to start whining about it here?

Reading this post and then looking to the author's avatar is funny, heh.

How´d you guess? :D

Felipe-Massa-Ferrari-Formel-1-GP-Indien-26-Oktober-2012-19-fotoshowImageNew-23e60a0-639803.jpg

Edit: BTW, as I speculated the new outlines for the concorde ar bad. No (real) cap, higher fees - in the end even more less talented pay drivers.

lol .. @ concorde agreement comment. I have always been against the idea of a pay driver, but I don't think there's any way to stop that. It's a shame

btw, I can change my avatar on Sunday right?

Top Bottom