• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Goldrusher

9094_438321546225930_1293779306_n.jpg

Stunning.

The edging looks terrible. Reminds me of one of those over the top stars and stripes costumes.

Why do Americans need a constant reminder that they're in America?

/waves tiny flag

DD

I think that it looks cool.
I don like the green and yellow kerbs on Interlagos, though. =/
I prefer the old school red/white scheme.

Arcticfox

I like the look of the red border on the track contrasting with the green of the grass and the white curbs, but I hate the stars and stripes in the runoff areas.

In Texas, the only way so many foreigners are legally allowed to convene in such a small area is if they're constantly reminded they're in fuckin' America.

For what it's worth those runoff areas will likely be using the tungsten coated asphalt so they'll probably work fairly well (it looks like they basically ripped off Paul Ricard). You wouldn't want to hit it upside down though.

I wish they could come up with a replacement for gravel that still ends your race if you try something stupid though.

dubc35

I think it's overdone with the stars and such. However I can see how this would seem like a good idea to Texans (and a lot of Americans).

I still firmly believe paved runoff areas are garbage. It turns every mistake into a minor inconvenience, whereas a gravel trap has the potential to completely change the course of a race.

Shaneus

In Texas, the only way so many foreigners are legally allowed to convene in such a small area is if they're constantly reminded they're in fuckin' America.
Bahahahaha, this made me laugh.

I still firmly believe paved runoff areas are garbage. It turns every mistake into a minor inconvenience, whereas a gravel trap has the potential to completely change the course of a race.
I completely fucking agree. Seeing overtakes like Vettel pulled on Alonso were epic, but paved areas basically make it a job for the stewards to decide rather than the track and drivers. I despise them on all corners except where 100% necessary and don't really get used for overtaking opportunities.

Well it is called the Circuit of the Americas.

I think it's a dumb name honestly.
Except for Canada, which is technically in the Americas, has it's own F1 race on the calendar and in no way would want to be fucking associated with that monstrocity.

mblitek

Hahaha, 'murica F@ck Yeah!

As for F1RM I'm wondering if I should play it risky and go for an all Mclaren lineup with Total fuel and tben finally have a stacked team? Hmmm

DD

It's more safe, but indeed, it's garbage. They should leave at least some grass between the track and the runoff areas.

Except for Canada, which is technically in the Americas, has it's own F1 race on the calendar and in no way would want to be fucking associated with that monstrocity.

H-hey!

The days where half the field either blew up, or ended up in the gravel sucked.

Multi-race engine rules, and paved run-offs are two of the best changes ever, imo.

DD

If you're Canadian, it wasn't an insult at all. It should be Circuit of the Americas Except For Canada. I'd hate to be associated with that star-spangled monstrosity.

Sorry, US-Americans!

No, I'm brazilian. I felt excluded from the americans party. u_u'

Kiddin'. =P

puzwo01roa.png

mblitek

If you're Canadian, it wasn't an insult at all. It should be Circuit of the Americas Except For Canada. I'd hate to be associated with that star-spangled monstrosity.

Sorry, US-Americans!

I understood it! Damn proud to be a part of a former British colony!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfIN7WVgNs

Bruno Spengler (Canadian!) won the DTM Championship with BMW last weekend on their first return season! Next up is Robert Wickens (DTM), he is the only North American (Canadian!) to hold a valid FIA super license and he has ties to some teams in F1! Hopefully you can follow the same success and progress Paul di Resta had/has.

I understood it! Damn proud to be a part of a former British colony!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfIN7WVgNs

Bruno Spengler (Canadian!) won the DTM Championship with BMW last weekend on their first return season! Next up is Robert Wickens (DTM), he is the only North American (Canadian!) to hold a valid FIA super license and he has ties to some teams in F1! Hopefully you can follow the same success and progress Paul di Resta had/has.

Rossi has a licence too, Leaf. I bet it even has stars on it. :p

TylerD

F1 debrief on Speed started off with all the guys looking pretty melancholy and Bob Varsha somberly saying "We will be with you till the end of the season every step of the way." kind of a saying it without saying it type of deal.

:(

I really like their personalities and they are a refreshing change of pace to the seriousness of the BBC / SKY broadcasts. I am going to miss them if they don't get picked up by NBC.

Seanspeed

Banned
I really like their personalities and they are a refreshing change of pace to the seriousness of the BBC / SKY broadcasts. I am going to miss them if they don't get picked up by NBC.
I wont. Their charm wears thin real quick and I get annoyed at their sometimes primitive levels of observation. They need some young blood. A little bit of seriousness wouldn't hurt, either. When I feel like I could do a better job commentating and being informative, something is wrong.

Every square foot of the Buddh International Circuit is orange, white & green. I don't want to hear any bitching about a couple of damn stars stuck on the pavement!

I wont. Their charm wears thin real quick and I get annoyed at their sometimes primitive levels of observation. They need some young blood. A little bit of seriousness wouldn't hurt, either. When I feel like I could do a better job commentating and being informative, something is wrong.

I'm with you 100%. I like them and appreciate everything the've done however.

Top Bottom