• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

I don't agree, but Clark is number three in the BBC's list of best ever drivers.

I can't really call which of Fangio or Senna they'll pick for the top spot. I'm guessing Senna due to the fact that Fangio obviously got the chance to retire.

Shaneus

Have you read the other related posts? That's exactly what we've been discussing.

You only get a penalty for each engine you use past your 8th. You can swap back to old engines as much as you want, though obviously there's a chance they'll blow / be less powerful than a new engine.
I couldn't read it to any great depth, was at work. Apologies.

Shaneus

Yeah, it's definitely more of a sideways move, but the progression path from Sauber is definitely more promising than the one from FI. And as far as mid-tier teams go, Sauber has been far more prominent (not to say they have/haven't scored more points, just that they make their presence known a little more than FI) in 2012.

mclaren777

Speaking of Zanardi, I don't think many people have seen these graphic pictures...

http://i.minus.com/iz1XK9gZM3B0G.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iJiBMjAhzpeVB.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iAH35eF1YHx6S.jpg

iEJmXA1Nf05mm.jpg

Omiee

iv been rewatching some of the races this year and damnn china was a good race.

Also vettel seems to be one of the best at taking pole and putting in qualy kind of laps at the start of the race to get out of the DRS zone and build up a few second lead before maintaining that gap without putting to much pressure on his tires.

You could say whatever you want but i think thats really impressive. I know some find it boring but its very impressive.

amar212

Is this the best thing ever?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/10/360-red-bull-f1/

Redbull 360 camera

This techology has just made Oculus Rift the most desirable innovation in AV field in past 30 years. This solves filming the real-life footage for Oculus use.

This really changes everything. Next CES/E3 will be glorious.

So much potential. Just imagine. This paired with Oculus will create a complete new entertainment venue. Not even to speak about documentaries and such. Truly amazing.

Shaneus

This techology has just made Oculus Rift the most desirable innovation in AV field in past 30 years. This solves filming the real-life footage for Oculus use.

This really changes everything. Next CES/E3 will be glorious.

So much potential. Just imagine. This paired with Oculus will create a complete new entertainment venue. Not even to speak about documentaries and such. Truly amazing.
Isn't Oculus intended for 3D though? I'm sure that same 360 cam could be incorporated with dual lenses somehow (or whatever) but that vid I saw didn't seem to have any kind of a 3D option.

Shaneus

Great feel-good story. What a nice guy.
I haven't read what's on that link yet, but man... you can't help but get a tear in your eye when you read about what he's accomplished and his attitude toward absolutely everything. Makes Lance Armstrong look like a right cunt.

Edit: Just read it. Jesus christ, Zanardi is everything that's good about humanity, personified.

CiSTM

Banned
Esteban Gutierrez seems to be shoe in for Sauber. Mexican paper has reported that Telmex will keep sponsoring Sauber even with Perez leaving and according to them this means another Mexican driver will get driver's seat at Sauber :(

neoanarch

Esteban Gutierrez seems to be shoe in for Sauber. Mexican paper has reported that Telmex will keep sponsoring Sauber even with Perez leaving and according to them this means another Mexican driver will get driver's seat at Sauber :(

Its speculation from the Mexican press. The Scuedria Telmex head said they are trying to get him the seat and are in negotiations. Telmex will want to keep a presence in f1 and if McLaren has its sponsors tied down, why not stick with team that at least has one of its drivers as a reserve?

CiSTM

Banned
Its speculation from the Mexican press. The Scuedria Telmex head said they are trying to get him the seat and are in negotiations. Telmex will want to keep a presence in f1 and if McLaren has its sponsors tied down, why not stick with team that at least has one of its drivers as a reserve?

Hope you are right. It wasn't only Telemex tho, according to the paper some swiss sponsor would be more pleased with Esteban. That part did sound odd to me. What swiss sponsor with serious cash would have motive to get behind Esteban?

Shaneus

Ah crap :(

Was nice knowing you, Kobay. Hope you find a drive somewhere else. He'd probably be a good match for IndyCar, I guess.

Dead Man

Trophies for the US GP:

W9WJu.jpg

Don't like them, but at least they resemble trophies and not corporate logos.

Hideous, but as you say, they are not corporate logos, so they are better than what I was fearing.

Edit: Hungary may be a shit race, but the white trophy they used to have was nice. So is Melbournes, but maybe I am biased there. :)

Shaneus

Hopefully KK. Or Petrov. I just don't know anymore. I don't think the field needs any new drivers anymore, that's for sure.

Hopefully KK. Or Petrov. I just don't know anymore. I don't think the field needs any new drivers anymore, that's for sure.

As long as the new ones don't drive like Fucking Grosjean, I wouldn't mind them replacing some of the boring, terrible or unspectacular drivers.

Shaneus

Nah, I think we've had enough of the new drivers. This year we've had Ricciardo, Vergne, Fucking Grosjean (to an extent... he's not *strictly* "new"), Pic, Senna (likewise)... that's too many fresh faces. Sure, have them in the bottom teams but let them work their way up. Grosjean is the perfect example of why you should never have an inexperienced racer in a top-tier car.

Dead Man

Nah, I think we've had enough of the new drivers. This year we've had Ricciardo, Vergne, Fucking Grosjean (to an extent... he's not *strictly* "new"), Pic, Senna (likewise)... that's too many fresh faces. Sure, have them in the bottom teams but let them work their way up. Grosjean is the perfect example of why you should never have an inexperienced racer in a top-tier car.

As opposed to Kimi, Button, and Ham, right ;)

Dat Edwards and Watson FP1 combo :wub

When DC moves to Sky next year the BBC need to keep this pairing.

F1 | Turun Sanomat 11:39

Williams-team's option to continue the contract with Bruno Senna exceeded on Wednesday. According to information Turun Sanomat has, the British team didn't reclaim the option and hence Senna is free to look for work elsewhere also.

Valtteri Bottas has all season long practices during GP-weekends on Friday with Senna's car and he seems to ensure a racing seat for next season with his performances. He will drive his 14th practice session in Abu Dhabi with FW34.

Senna has lucrative sponsor-support from Brazil's business corporations and with these almost 15 million dollars he is one of the strongest candidates on the paddock.

Senna is still negotiating with Williams. His actual options are however Force India and Caterham. Neither one of them still has no driver for next season.

Turun Sanomat, Abu Dhabi

The Bott at Williams, pay drivers at Force India and Caterham = game over for Kobayashi, Kovalainen and di Resta...

Shaneus

As opposed to Kimi, Button, and Ham, right ;)
Shut up :p

Honestly, I think that F1 just needs to settle for a little while. Quit changing driver lineups like it's going out of fashion and encourage some stability into the sport. There have seemingly been so many rule changes from year to year, that there's rarely anything left from one season to another for teams to build upon (although I'll probably be proved wrong by being told that 2011-2012 had the least amount of driver and rule changes of any year ever or some crap).

Top Bottom