• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Dead Man

So does anyone else think Pirelli may have been mostly responsible for it being interesting in the first part of the season, and for it being boring now. They seem to be so much more predictable in their wear now, there doesn't seem to be much chance of teams being caught out now.

Omiee

I remember insisting that Vettel was the lucky one but people could only see Alonso's points advantage.

Still it's not fun to watch a race that you know who will win unless his engine blows. Regardless of the Championship fight, the last races have been dull, zero interest compared to the first half of the season.

How was he lucky with the problems he had at valencia, italy and the moment between him and kukumber.

He was in no way lucky in the first half of the season

So does anyone else think Pirelli may have been mostly responsible for it being interesting in the first part of the season, and for it being boring now. They seem to be so much more predictable in their wear now, there doesn't seem to be much chance of teams being caught out now.

Pirelli was one of the main reasons the season was so unpredictable during the first half and towards the end of the season the tyres have become very predictable.

I think it was Paul Hembery who said that they didn't want the tyres to decide the championship during the last third, but that doesn't make much sense considering the championship starts from the first race of the season. It was one criticisms of last season for me, Pirelli playing it very safe and supplying the teams with predictable tyres for the last part of the season.

Omiee

Pirelli was one of the main reasons the season was so unpredictable during the first half and towards the end of the season the tyres have become very predictable.

I think it was Paul Hembery who said that they didn't want the tyres to decide the championship during the last third, but that doesn't make much sense considering the championship starts from the first race of the season. It was one criticisms of last season for me, Pirelli playing it very safe and supplying the teams with predictable tyres for the last part of the season.

iv missed your GIF's last race =(

ramparter

Banned
He was lucky because all the pieces werw falling into place. Misfortune had hit his other big competitors like Hamilton and Alonso seemed like his only rival while Ferrari was showing it's slow pace once again.

untitled-21revs.gif

Hamilton looking strong, good change of going for pole.

Omiee

the last non-Vettel World Champion in a Newey car was Häkkinen 1999... And kind of cute how Hamilton ignores the time before Singapore as they won the last three GPs and had the best package in Singapore.

Not to forget the best package at the early part of the year where they did not capatilize on that.

Dead Man

He crashed into her previous bf
Perfect, LOL

Yeah, those sorts of statements are strange to me too. The season is the whole year. It is not like the points reset with 2/3 of the races done. I'd rather the tyres be unpredictable, it is at least interesting then to see which teams deal with it better, and seems more interesting than BUGETWARZ2012 with the same couple teams/drivers winning.

Dilly

Banned
How are you doing, Dilly? Are you not going to watch the rest of the races?

Clinically depressed.

As someone who loves movies and their cinematography, I might catch this race because the surroundings are beautiful to look at, like Singapore. Don't know about the US and by Interlagos, championship is probably over by then and I love that track so I might watch that one too.

and hey, maybe Alonso overtakes Webber while Hamilton takes Vettel out.

Clinically depressed.

As someone who loves movies and their cinematography, I might catch this race because the surroundings are beautiful to look at, like Singapore. Don't know about the US and by Interlagos, championship is probably over by then and I love that track so I might watch that one too.

and hey, maybe Alonso overtakes Webber while Hamilton takes Vettel out.

Looks like Maldonado can take care of Vettel now.

Top Bottom