• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

mclem

Hi, I'm Stefano, and I'll be accompanying your meal. Let's start with Moon River.

(And that won't make sense to anyone not watching the Forum. And possibly not them, either!)

herod

Perfect race to showcase the gulf in quality between vettel and webber. I doubt if Horner believes signing him for another year was a good idea at all. Best car on the grid, worst performance.

Alonso proud of his team? What is this? People told me here that he can only bitch and whine!

"They have the fastest car, we have the best team."

Amazing.

Chris R

Great race and win for Kimi! Not surprised at Vettel, he is a good driver and that car is the best by far (for his style at least, Webber seems to have issues with it).

Poor Hammy, going to be a very long time until he wins again :(

Shaneus

Before the incident with Grosjean he already did some merits on his own to fuck up his race, another trademark start and a couple of incidents with Maldonado and Massa.
Mark really needs to get his shit together at the starts.
I heard about that (and saw it on the iPhone app while I was out) and just shook my head. He's been better this year, but the amount of races where his starts cost him any chance at a victory is mindblowing. It's a fucking wonder he didn't blow Monaco.

I'm concerned about his demeanour this race, too. I have a feeling it was his shitty start that'd gotten to him and was determined to make it up. I can see why, too... when your teammate starts from the back and a lot of people peg him to catch up into the top 10, you'd be under pressure to make sure you stay ahead of him.

Curious to see what his responses in various media are regarding this race.

BTW Did anyone (Sunhi) get footage of whatever happened with him and Ricciardo?

Yen

Kimi article on Yahoo
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/storied-nascar-driver-kimi-raikkonen-wins-formula-1-152110785--nascar.html
WUT

aleVa.jpg

Leunam

Man what a race. Absolutely fucking gutted for Hamilton, but amazing race all the same.

And at Abu Dhabi no less.

lol, SPEED caught Kimi's language but not Vettel's.

Sounds like classic sky

Perez has looked really poor in nearly ever race since signing for McLaren

Without his tyre advantage Perez is a pretty average driver. I don't know what the fuck Mclaren were thinking hiring him, the 2013 lineup should have been Button and The Hulk.

I love ow Whitmarsh is outright blaming Mercedes. I hope they can get Honda back to the sport.

Williams-Renault this season, McLaren-Honda next... or 2014 :wub

Fantastic race by all 3 podium finishers.

Tough luck for Lewis. Keep an eye on his twitter. I don't want to miss out!

Vettel, the first driver to podium from pitlane nice Damon Hill in 1993. Of course, it's due to the car!

Schumacher's record of 7 championships can be threatened by him if he wins it this year....didn't think it would happen.

TCRS

Banned
Kimi ist just brilliant, so happy for him. Loved him at Ferrari and he's still a great guy.

Any video of the podium interview btw?

Same old, same old. It's getting frustrating.

Sebastian: "I enjoyed it a lot today, more than anything.”
Mark: "Whatever we tried today, it just wasn’t working out."
Horner: "To go from pit lane to podium was something we could only dream of before the race."

And it's not even from F1Slate.

Anyone got a video of that?

You'll probably have to wait until the Forum goes up.

Vettel, the first driver to podium from pitlane nice Damon Hill in 1993. Of course, it's due to the car!

Not quite sure what you're trying to prove with that statistic, given that Williams were utterly dominant in 1993 (in part due to the active suspension system - also in a car design by Newey). Plus it was Damon's first year in F1.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Kimi is just awesome, i was dying when with that 'yes yes yes i know what to do' :D

Also good damage limitation for Vettel, Mclaren is so shitty that is not even funny anymore. Lewis was like 'when it will be over', Button is just slow.

Austin should be good for RBR, lots of fast corners and their are just perfect for that.

The 1st safety car saw Vettel starting from last again (losing something like 9 places). The second was somewhat more helpful. :D

The second safety car phase, the Massa thing and Hamilton's DNF were were the real "lucky" moments for Vettel.

Though he was already fourth before the second car phase.

The first safety car allowed Vettel to change his front-wing and still be right on the end of the train.

He didn't need a new wing at that point, he'd been putting in ridiculously quick laps even with the damage. He did however need a new wing during the safety car for obvious reasons.

Edit - Yeah, the Massa thing was helpful as I'm sure he'd have done everything he could to keep him behind him. I don't think Hamilton's DNF really made much difference as Alonso would have been a place down as well (they'd have been 3rd and 4th instead). Obviously a podium looks much better though for sure.

Oh sweet, is this where we get to dismiss Vettel's performance as being luck? That lucky bastard, running out of fuel and being excluded from qualifying. Classic Vettel!

So many drivers must wish they had the balls to handle team radio like Kimi.

John_B

Awesome win for Raikkonen. If Red Bull wasn't a class above the rest we would have some amazing races.

Hamilton should have been in the championship fight until the end, but five god damn retirements is bullshit. Even with a fast car, McLaren is just not run as championship winning team. They will miss Hamilton come 2013.

The Vettel result is a bit hard to judge. Cars were dropping like flies today. Spots and plenty of time were handed to him. Still incredible result from back of the field.

Awesome win for Raikkonen. If Red Bull wasn't a class above the rest we would have some amazing races.

Hamilton should have been in the championship fight until the end, but five god damn retirements is bullshit. Even with a fast car, McLaren is just not run as championship winning team. They will miss Hamilton come 2013.

The Vettel result is a bit hard to judge. Cars were dropping like flies today. Spots and plenty of time were handed to him. Still incredible result from back of the field.

To be fair, we had some really amazing races this season. It wasn't until a bit after the break, where Red Bull got some big upgrades and tracks that suited them more. McLaren could easily challenge them, if they were more reliable.

Top Bottom