• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

pants

You think he's considering moving away from Ferrari? I think the team has really let him down from day 1. Ferrari needs to seriously transform itself. This just... won't do.
The only teams that would take him is Lotus and maaaaybe McLaren and neither is in the market for a driver (even if it is Alonso)

Chris R

Massa really did come on the second half this year. Going to be great to see what he can do next season!

How long until winter testing?

Why do people get so butt-hurt about stuff like this? It's sport. We are all dickin' around. Is Vettel your dad or something? Who cares, really?
No he is not my dad, since i am actually older than Vettel this would be very awkward. And financially very pleasing for me ... :)

But you comment is so stupid that i save myself from further discussion. My favorite driver won, this is all i wanted to see/hear today.

Omiee

Massa really did come on the second half this year. Going to be great to see what he can do next season!

How long until winter testing?

He was clearly backing up in the last few races, he could have been on the podium in the us as well.

mclem

Wait. Jake just said the next season would be "live all the way through on the BBC". Or is that just being clever since the radio folks are there always?

Oooh, awesome, final montage in the style of the Olympics final montage!

jey_16

Banned
He deserves what he has. Maybe this year wasn't his fault but this is a team sport. And RBR/Vettel were better than Ferrari/Alonso.

Why blame Grosjean? Alonso also crashed into Raikkonen in Suzuka, in a race where Ferrari had the pace to fight unlike most races. It's the same as Spa.

Eh.....Alonso didn't crash into Kimi, that was a 50/50 at best if not Kimi's fault for not pulling back

Omiee

Man i love the bbc. Can i donate money to them via some site or something?

Also people why are we bashing each other so much.

We are a very active community who love this amazing sport. Should not be like this.

Cant believe F1 season is over :( best season confirmed.

Is the forum on?

it is.

NHale

Incredible how Ferrari managed to beat McLaren in the WCC. So many people speak about Ferrari screwing up but McLaren has done even worse. Incredible.

Great race, great season, and this thread is still a mess it seems.

F1-GAF is so messed up. Shame.
This is my first season posting in F1 GAF and I've learned a lot from many of you and think your all swell people. Yes, even Ommie. I think F1-GAF is quite tame compared to any other sports GAF clique.

I don't remember the start of the season in F1-GAF being so serious. Everyone needs to lighten up.

Omiee

Alonso has to be very strong driven to be honest. He lost the championship by 1 point in 2007 and 4 in 2010 and yet again by mere points loses out again.

Caramello

I'm tipping Massa and Raikonnen as the big challengers to the usual suspects for the championship next year.

I was a big believer in Kimi this year but I never thought Massa could come back to his old form and I'm happy he'll get a chance to race Alonso next year.

Chris R

Bye bye SPEED, thanks for getting me into this sport in the first place by actually showing races live. May not have been perfect, but I'll still miss you guys!

Hobbs and Matchett will carry over (kinda wish they didn't TBH, would rather have Buxton in the pits) but it won't be the same, but you can't improve if things don't change.

Omiee

This is my first season posting in F1 GAF and I've learned a lot from many of you and think your all swell people. Yes, even Ommie. I think F1-GAF is quite tame compared to any other sports GAF clique.

I don't remember the start of the season in F1-GAF being so serious. Everyone needs to lighten up.

This is what im exactly thinking as well. Maybe im used to the NBA community since i used to post there for 3 years. We as a community are much tamer in this thread compared to other community's which threads claim countless posters.

duckroll

I can see it happening with Hamilton gone. Whitmarsh doesnt seem to carry any of Dennis' agendas.

They still carry the agenda of not favoring one driver over the other though. That will always create problems in the team with a driver like Alonso.

pants

I'm tipping Massa and Raikonnen as the big challengers to the usual suspects for the championship next year.

I was a big believer in Kimi this year but I never thought Massa could come back to his old form and I'm happy he'll get a chance to race Alonso next year.

lmao.

Kimi was a challenger this year, even if he shouldn't have been. I'm tipping him to go be in the hunt till at least the last 2 races next year.

Kimi <3

They still carry the agenda of not favoring one driver over the other though. That will always create problems in the team with a driver like Alonso.
From my perspective, being Nr.1 in a crappy team < being equal at a better team. Besides that Alonso could easily make sport of Perez or Button.

Leunam

Sweet baby Jesus what an end to the season. Was really hoping Alonso had it but ah well, no reason to be bitter.

Congratulations to Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel. Let's hope next year is just as exciting.

Owen Wilson seems so high.

Ferrari doesn't have two two drivers competing. That's not how the team works. It's Alonso's team and Massa knows that.

f0rk

This is what im exactly thinking as well. Maybe im used to the NBA community since i used to post there for 3 years. We as a community are much tamer in this thread compared to other community's which threads claim countless posters.

Don't bring that shit here then. You are the main person creating this atmosphere.

BBC Live Text said:
Jake promises to reveal who will be his replacement on the BBC F1 coverage next season and then the camera spins round to focus on F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone who says: "See you next year with F1 on the BBC". Now that would be quite something...if it were true!
BBC trolling. Maybe there isn't a replacement and they drop F1 all together.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, had to listen to 1st half on the radio, but damn, that was intense. Good job by Vettel, he made almost impossible possible today. Alonso will have to try in 2013.

Lewis must be liked by gods of misfortune this year.

Top Bottom