• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Wow, the sheer hate that Vettel gets here is unbelievable ... look, i don't like Alonso. At all. But i would never write some of the sentences being written here.

Grats to Vettel, well deserved. Raikönnen winning a race and then getting lost makes him the most entertaining driver this season, i like this guy. Grats to Button for winning, always nice to see him on the podium. And of course great race by Hülkenberg, this guy needs a better car.
Why do people get so butt-hurt about stuff like this? It's sport. We are all dickin' around. Is Vettel your dad or something? Who cares, really?

Clegg

Fair dues to Massa. He's improved an awful lot over the last few races and deserves his spot for next season.

But the drivers have been let down by the team imo. Ferrari were at a huge disadvantage against the other top sides. Their car is just so average.

Mobius 1

I thought about it but dunno, doesn't seem a reasong satisfying enough for me, couldn't there be something else ?

After he was being treated as second class citizen by the press and the doubts cast over his future, this is a good comeback as a victory. He is the podium at home, and even after handing positions to his team mate.

Lach

Another incredible race to finish an incredible season!!!
I really hope it keeps being so fascinating next year!

Congrats to Vettel for the title. Definatly deserves it!

mxgt

Banned
Congrats again to Vettel but Alonso was far and away the driver of the year

His car is shit compared to the RBR and he was so close.

Bo-Locks

You know that Mclaren had the best car over the most races and just fucked it up with the reliability.

That's indisputable too. McLaren have always had shit reliability and that's due to their own incompetence. I don't see how that negates the fact that RBR would be nothing without Newey.

Adamm

Its still a shame that Alonso has got to this point in his career and only has 2 championships, he deserves so much more

Leonsito

Fucking amazing race, everything that could have gone bad for Vettel happened, and he still got it, incredible and deserving champion.

Chris R

That's indisputable too. McLaren have always had shit reliability and that's due to their own incompetence. I don't see how that negates the fact that RBR would be nothing without Newey.

They wouldn't be nothing, don't discount how well Vettel did in lesser cars before joining RBR, but they wouldn't be so dominating for sure.

It's sports, on the internet. Had Alonso won, one of his fans would have done exactly the same. What's the big deal.

The problem is that as soon as someone doesn't like Vettel as much as they do or doesn't acknowledge him as much, they start to cry like little babies and tell you to fuck off.

That's the big deal.

Was checking the results through text updates :'(

So close, must have been an amazing race.

Amazing achievement for Vettel to win 3 in a row, and a great championship battle all the way to the end.

I just hope Ferrari can provide Alonso with a championship winning car next year because no one else could have taken a car that averages 5-6th in qualifying and take the fight all the way to the last race for 2 out of the last 3 years.

Septimius

Seeing Schumacher's magnanimosity through these last races has been a fantastic end to his career. I'm proud to have him as my hero.

jey_16

Banned
Congrats again to Vettel but Alonso was far and away the driver of the year

His car is shit compared to the RBR and he was so close.

Alonso drove amazingly....especially with the horrible qualifying towards the end of year and still getting podiums. Championship was lost with fucking grosjean at spa but that's in the past now. Please let Ferrari build a decent car next year

NHale

Its still a shame that Alonso has got to this point in his career and only has 2 championships, he deserves so much more

He deserves what he has. Maybe this year wasn't his fault but this is a team sport. And RBR/Vettel were better than Ferrari/Alonso.

Alonso drove amazingly....especially with the horrible qualifying towards the end of year and still getting podiums. Championship was lost with fucking grosjean at spa but that's in the past now. Please let Ferrari build a decent car next year

Why blame Grosjean? Alonso also crashed into Raikkonen in Suzuka, in a race where Ferrari had the pace to fight unlike most races. It's the same as Spa.

Staab

I'm going balls deep, boys, BALLS DEEP :
I BELIEVE

xVszw.jpg

Boys ?
BOYS ?

My believe'ing wasn't enough :(

Sure, Newey is a great car designer but his cars are not unbeatable because they are designed by him - just look at the time between 99 till 09.

Salacious Crumb

It's sports, on the internet. Had Alonso won, one of his fans would have done exactly the same. What's the big deal.

Maybe somewhere on the net, but not in this thread. When Kimi finally won a race this year, something that was actually unexpected and awesome, MJ, GAFs resident Kimi super fan reacted in a way that wasn't an eighth as obnoxious as when Omiee celebrates yet another Vettel win.

Omiee

People dont win championships because they deserve it. Look at Webber he deserved it in 2010. Look at mika in 2000 he deserved it as well.

A lot of people deserve championships.

To be honest both Vettel and Alonso deserved it this year. They have been amazing both of them.

Both of them had an intense season. Both of them had amazing wins. Both of them had luck and failure at times.

They, their rivals and this season will be remembered for ever.

SO WILL THIS BBC FEATURE!!!

Top Bottom