• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Ark

Hulkenberg taking out Hamilton sums up Hamilton's season quite nicely. Also the BBC curse strikes yet again.

I don't really have anything to say other than: Amazing race.

Omiee

Don't bring that shit here then. You are the main person creating this atmosphere.

BBC trolling. Maybe there isn't a replacement and they drop F1 all together.

I'v become more tame over time so i dont know what your talking about. I was much worse as a vettel fan last year with Ark and Edmond bringing me down to earth more. So i think i'm bad as people claim.

Caramello

Owen Wilson seems so high.

Ferrari doesn't have two two drivers competing. That's not how the team works. It's Alonso's team and Massa knows that.
If Massa is leading the championship over Alonso they're not going to tell Massa to move out of the way.

I don't think he'll beat Alonso but he'll certainly be much closer than he was this year.

Bo-Locks

Sky have just gone over the yellow flag incident. There was a green flag in between two yellows, but he did overtake under a yellow flag, even though Kobayashi boxed. Is that just going to be swept under the carpet or what?

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
So, how many millions did that love-tap from Hulk cost McLaren? :p

Yeah... He's not gonna be welcome there for a while ;)

xptoxyz

Anyone seen the Tooned? Had some pretty good parts. Especially how the end was done. Then again I think some people here usually hate them.

Rad-

What the hell Kimi actually ended up third in the end? Not bad. If he gets a faster car next season he could be fighting for the title.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
2013 annual DrM awards:

'Best shoes' award = Horner & Newey
'Demolition animal' award = Grosjean
'Most handsome chin' award = Webber
'Best beard' award = Button
'Fortune hates me' award = Hamilotn
'Gremlin paradise' award = Mclaren
'How to mistune windtunnel' award = Ferrari
'Eternal 2nd place' award = Alonso
'Good boy' award = Massa
'Leave me alone' award = Kimi
'This is WR...ups F1' award = Kimi
'Moving chicane' award = That driver from India
'He will be missed' award = Kobayashi

f0rk

Vettel should go and celebrate rather than talk and talk jesus

Sky have just gone over the yellow flag incident. There was a green flag in between two yellows, but he did overtake under a yellow flag, even though Kobayashi boxed. Is that just going to be swept under the carpet or what?

Ferrari technical director Pat Fry says it appears they were yellow and red slippery track flags and not yellows. Therefore, no penalty required.

It's Vettel, so yeah. That red and yellow flag excuse is total bullshit lol

paskowitz

Basically Ferrari needs a competitive car next year. They don't need the fastest car, just a consistent one. Combine that with a resurgent Massa and they should be in good shape.

Bo-Locks

Vettel should go and celebrate rather than talk and talk jesus

Ferrari technical director Pat Fry says it appears they were yellow and red slippery track flags and not yellows. Therefore, no penalty required.

No. Sky went over it clearly. The red and yellow flags were completely separate. There were yellow and red flags, but also a yellow, a green, and then another yellow.

Salacious Crumb

Hulkenberg taking out Hamilton sums up Hamilton's season quite nicely. Also the BBC curse strikes yet again.

I don't really have anything to say other than: Amazing race.

By my count Hamilton scored 34 out of his 190 points from the 10 BBC races with 5 DNFs. pretty crazy.

Chris R

Guys, there is nothing to look into with the yellow flag. It was track conditions warning, nothing will change the outcome of the race.

thechemist

What a end to a amazing season.

Congrats to Vettel, and unlucky to Alonso, both have performed amazingly this season.

Godspeed to Schumi and hope he enjoys his retirement, only if had won at least one race, it would have been amazing.

Its great to have Massa back on form finally, he drove a very good race today and did some awesome defending.

Finally thanks to Kimi for providing the laughs for getting lost on track.

Now onto next season.

pants

By my count Hamilton scored 34 points from the 10 BBC races with 5 DNFs. pretty crazy.

I put forth we from now on use BBC to refer to Big British Crash

The thing cost Mclaren so much money and credibility, even without Ron Dennis, Alonso will never drive for Mclaren again.
If you think about it, a successful spell for Alonso at McLaren will make much of that credibility hit evaporate. As I said, McLaren is a long shot.

Juicy Bob

Two things.

1) HOW THE HELL did Vettel's car survive that crash intact?

2) I'm so gutted about that Hulk and Hamilton collision. Hamilton's luck this season has been so unfair and Hulk deserved a result today. His drive was brilliant.

Risgroo

Congratulations to Vettel. I don't like him that much, but I can't deny he's done a fantastic job this season.
I'm disappointed by Alonso failing to get the title, but he's still my driver of the year, by far. If Ferrari get their shit together, he'll be unstoppable.

Impressed by JB, Lewis, Massa and Hulk as well.

EDIT: By Hulk's overall speed I mean, not his crashing, lol.

Fisico

No, is this your first time watching a sport?

No, i've been following F1 closely for 10 years now (not mentioning cycling, football and others for 15), and even if I do agree it must be very emotionnal for him to be on the podium for his home race, it's been quite a long time since his accident and a few months since he became competitive again (Suzuka podium yohoh)
The fact the french commentators said he was crying because Alonso didn't won the title didn't help too.

In the end I don't want to fight here over something like that, it just seems a bit odd for those reasons, Massa must be a much more emotional guy than I thought, no harm done asking the question.

paskowitz

Apparently Hulkenberg hasn't even apologised yet? What an ass.

Honestly, I would call it a racing incident. I do not think Hulk went into the corner knowing his car was going to slide. It was a "risky" attempt, but not a reckless one. That being said, Hamilton was completely not at fault because he left plenty of room... thus if blame must be given it would be to Hulk.

Top Bottom