• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Omiee

Still can't believe just how insane today's race was. My heart could barely take it.

Not wanting to be a downer on the thread but today was a particularly hard day for me. My mother passed away from cancer earlier on in the year and this would obviously be the last season of Formula 1 that I would ever get to watch (in part) with her. I don't know if any of the thread remember but I had to make some special arrangements so that we could watch the race together on my wedding day in May this year. :) We were supposed to go to her first ever F1 race in Silverstone, but when we made the arrangement we had no idea she had cancer and by the time the race came around she didn't have long left.

She was a huge Alonso fan and as a Vettel fan I felt pretty much torn apart today. I guess it's as close as it could have been, but frankly I would have been OK with it going either way, maybe a little happier even with an Alonso win. I still remember how upset she was when Vettel won in 2010 and I find myself looking back with mixed emotions.

I was at her house today, watching in her room where we always used to watch the races together. I'd like to think she'd have enjoyed the race (it would have stressed her out massively!), but I know for sure she wouldn't have enjoyed the result. I can picture her getting stroppy about it like some of the posters here. :)

:'(

Still, I would never have become an F1 fan were it not for her, so I'll always have that.

Thats really sad to hear. My thoughts are with you and may she rest in peace. I do remember your post about your wedding.

I love your contributions to the thread and honesty. I really feel for you and wish you the best. God bless her soul and yours.

TCRS

Banned
Also watching the second half of the season on RLT was shit. Formula 1 on BBC is the best thing ever and I'm sad to see Jake leave :/

Dead Man

Still can't believe just how insane today's race was. My heart could barely take it.

Not wanting to be a downer on the thread but today was a particularly hard day for me. My mother passed away from cancer earlier on in the year and this would obviously be the last season of Formula 1 that I would ever get to watch (in part) with her. I don't know if any of the thread remember but I had to make some special arrangements so that we could watch the race together on my wedding day in May this year. :) We were supposed to go to her first ever F1 race in Silverstone, but when we made the arrangement we had no idea she had cancer and by the time the race came around she didn't have long left.

She was a huge Alonso fan and as a Vettel fan I felt pretty much torn apart today. I guess it's as close as it could have been, but frankly I would have been OK with it going either way, maybe a little happier even with an Alonso win. I still remember how upset she was when Vettel won in 2010 and I find myself looking back with mixed emotions.

I was at her house today, watching in her room where we always used to watch the races together. I'd like to think she'd have enjoyed the race (it would have stressed her out massively!), but I know for sure she wouldn't have enjoyed the result. I can picture her getting stroppy about it like some of the posters here. :)

Still, I would never have become an F1 fan were it not for her, so I'll always have that.

Damn. Awesome mum sounds awesome. Sorry for your loss.

Kimi leaving the track would make a great ad for navigation systems or a new Renault model with build-in sat nav

Kimi's with his wife in the new Renault whatever, in a foreign city.
She ugres him to use the sat nav.
Kimi gets a bit upset: "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."
They end up on a dead-end road.
Maybe a flashback to this race.
Kimi makes a turn and she turns the sat nav on.

Kimi leaving the track would make a great ad for navigation systems or a new Renault model with build-in sat nav

HAHAHA that would be epic..

I think someone should montage "leave me alone I know what I'm doing" audio with the footage of him in the side track..

Talking of Kimi's excursion, does anyone have a circuit map? I'd love to see where he was going.

Hope these will do

interlagos.jpg

brazil-circuit-map.png

interlagos-sectors-curves.jpg

Dead Man

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am going to the miss the BBC dream team, they have really been amazing every race.

Why Jake WHY!

Do we know why he is leaving, or what will happen to the team? I like him a lot, he's professional but with a light touch, and manages to keep EJ in check most of the time

The Renault marketing department are fools if they miss the opportunity to make this ad

Do we know why he is leaving, or what will happen to the team? I like him a lot, he's professional but with a light touch, and manages to keep EJ in check most of the time

His wife is expecting a baby, and there's been no announcements as to who will be part of the team next year, although EJ and DC certainly didn't give the impression that they were also intending to leave in their many exchanges with Jake today.

Shaneus

I'd stick with Grosjean.

Hulkenberg is a catch. Someone should snatch him from Sauber before next season.

Lotus, McLaren or Williams..
I wouldn't. Got knows what he cost Lotus in the constructors this year, possibly second.

They should bring on KK. His aggressive style would gel well with Kimi <3

kharma45

And they were not too far away from a point which would also have made a big difference in money they're getting...

Yeah I feel bad for them, would've liked to see what they could've achieved with some money. If only they had KERS this year Caterham wouldn't have stood a chance. At least they've their technical partnership with McLaren now.

Beautiful, man. I remember you posting about her earlier in the season as well. I wish my mom was as cool to watch F1 with me. You were and still are a lucky guy to have shared this sport with her and having those memories, although sometimes bittersweet, to hold onto for the rest of your life.

Have made a commitment that I'm going to go to one F1 race a year until the day I die (or the day they cancel the sport). I'll never go to Silverstone though, that one will stay as what might have been.

Yen

Can someone link me to what Kimi did?
Missed the race, but it's been a great season, soured only by Sky. Congrats Vettel!

Yen

Haha brilliant. Will Lotus benefit from Kimi being so high up in the WDC (and presumably the Constructor's, but I haven't checked that)?

Chris R

Haha brilliant. Will Lotus benefit from Kimi being so high up in the WDC (and presumably the Constructor's, but I haven't checked that)?

Well they swapped places with Mercedes in the Constructor's (5th to 4th) so that should bring in several million more Pounds/Euros/Spacebucks/Whatever.

Top Bottom