• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Omiee

Only one real trophy, the rest got shitty sponsor toys.

I remember a post last year about people saying suck it vettel with the horrible trophy lol.

This presentation is freaking ace!!

The podium.
The nice song with the trophy presenting and the interview as well.

Silverstone aced this.

ibp49JiZA0LkLq.gif

pants

Aw snap oh no he did ent!

Sergio Perez has criticized Pastor Maldonado as a "dangerous" and "stupid" driver and feels it is time the stewards finally threw the book at him before another driver is hurt.

For the second successive grand prix Maldonado faces a post-race investigation, on this occasion shoving Perez off track early in the British event at Silverstone.

Just a fortnight ago Maldonado punted McLaren's Lewis Hamilton out of the European Grand Prix on the penultimate lap in Valencia, and yet under the rules was only given a retrospective drive-through penalty.

On this occasion a furious Perez feels Maldonado should be given the kind of penalty that will teach him a lesson.

"He didn't give me any room," said Perez of their incident going into Brooklands on lap 12 where the Sauber driver spun off.

"He has no respect for other drivers. It's the way he is driving.

"I made the same move on (Jenson) Button, and he rightly fought me hard, but he gave me the room."

Perez added: "He (Maldonado) is a very stupid driver. He ran Hamilton out of the race in Valencia.

"I don't know why the stewards don't take more action against him. He deserves a big penalty.

"We are risking our lives out there and if they (the stewards) don't do something he will hurt someone.

"For all the drivers he is very dangerous driver on the circuit."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/...erez-maldonado-a-stupid-and-dangerous-driver/

jey_16

Banned
ffs Ferrari. Alonso could have easily done more laps on the hards. stupid, stupid way to lose a race. can't believe this shit.

Which stint? They had to cover the red bulls both times. The question is if Alonso had started on the softs, would he have been able to gap webber? They clearly didn't have the pace on the softs compared to the red bulls

Regardless, Alonso is leading the championship and fighting for wins.....I was only dreaming of that at the start of the season

Lucius86

Banned
Alonso, I am getting more and more impressed by you. I'm worried I am starting to like you for more than your driving skills.

PandaJones

Unconfirmed Member
I remember a post last year about people saying suck it vettel with the horrible trophy lol.

This presentation is freaking ace!!

The podium.
The nice song with the trophy presenting and the interview as well.

Silverstone aced this.

They really have, nice work :D

Jackie is great, the BBC should sign him up lol

Omiee

They really have, nice work :D

Jackie is great, the BBC should sign him up lol

Yeah the best after race presentation of the season so far.

The fans outside and getting on the track. The nice golden trophy and the nice song they had with the trophy's

Amazing show by silverstone.

Jensen

You know Webber could've won 2010 if RBR didn't use him to fool Ferrari, right?
I'm not sure that move was solely to fool Ferrari, RBR split their strategy and Webber was pitted as it was the safe option. It was a great season by Webber but that is 1 out of a very long career. If Vettel didn't retire at Valencia he would leading the Championship right now.

But you honestly think at this point in the season Alonso thinks Webber will his closest rival just because he is 2nd in the standings? Far too early in the season to just race to cover off one guy.

Omiee

Lol horner has to mention he is happy with vettel on the podium lol.

RBR have the pace and webber showed it. The car was fast on the hard tires and the softs.

Juicy Bob

FOM are a rubbish company, but well done to whoever came up with the idea of getting Sir Jackie Stewart to interview the winners on the grid. Brilliant idea.

Omiee

Off to the wimbledon thread. Just wanna say I wish Vettel can win in germany the RBR has amazing pace so far. Still bumped about the missed win by vettel last race. It could have been webber and vettel as the 1 2 in the WDC and RBR with a higher lead in the WCC.

PandaJones

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the best after race presentation of the season so far.

The fans outside and getting on the track. The nice golden trophy and the nice song they had with the trophy's

Amazing show by silverstone.

Yeah that set up really brings back the feel and spirit from decades ago. And I guess Sir Jackie being there helps too lol

Excellent race, I wish Ferrari hadn't messed up the strategy but overall it was a great result for all. Would have been nice to see Kimi and Shumi closer to the front but good work by Massa today!

PandaJones

Unconfirmed Member
Off to the wimbledon thread. Just wanna say I wish Vettel can win in germany the RBR has amazing pace so far.

It's gonna be a close one this year between Alonso, Webber and Vettel fighting for 1st :D Good luck to all, see you next race.

olore

Who was the golf player doing the podium interviews?

Again, meh race for a McL fan, see you gentlemen next race, off the Tour thread now

Shaneus

BBC! BBC! BBC!

Interesting comments from Eddie. Wouldn't surprise me, what he said makes sense. He's definitely far more relaxed.

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Omiee

Im officially on the Webber band wagon, i really really think he deserves to win the WDC this year.

Vettel is young so is Hamilton they both will have enough chances. Webber really deserves it and he is on top of his game so far this season.

Joni

Lets see another big British event being won by someone who is not British.

You dont see anyone shouting SKY SKY SKY SKY lol.

Luckily there is a big non-British event today where a Brit actually stands a chance.
By coincidence, people are yelling SKY SKY SKY there :p

Omiee

All teams have out updated mclaren. Even lotus has closed the gap. Mclaren in 5th on the constructors standings is not something i would have believed if somebody told me that at the start of the season.

Luckily there is a big non-British event today where a Brit actually stands a chance.
By coincidence, people are yelling SKY SKY SKY there :p

What am i missing.

O you mean the tour, yeah wiggens def has a chance.

Top Bottom