• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Shaneus

:D

Does it actually mention if all drivers are in it or not? I'm assuming so, given that they're all in the vanilla game, but I don't know how some would like it, depending on how they're drawn up.

Though if Karthikeyan has a blue shell-type special that's actually a cucumber, I'll declare it GOTY on launch.

f0rk

Not quite, we have seen that Mercedes and McLaren react poorly to hard tyres while a Ferrari is a disaster on softs. The strategy would be quite diverse per team.

Edmond Dantès;39821180 said:
These two pics could have their uses.

mqpgorrk.jpg

6x9p6fnk.jpg

He is seriously the whitest black man ever.

ANDY_098

Alright, this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieU3TMxMolA&feature=player_detailpage#t=72s [1:12]

A) DRS is on mid-corner. Seems pretty strange that he would be able to do that manually. [1:14]

B) KERS with no buttons? [1:18]

The regs state that both systems must be completely driver controlled. As NHale says, they are probably activated with a paddle on the back of the wheel so you wouldn't see much hand movement.

Another thing worth noting is that there could be a toggle system where the driver presses a button (or paddle) to activate the DRS and it only deactivates when he brakes, so they wouldn't be holding the button down during the duration of its operation.

Xun

The regs state that both systems must be completely driver controlled. As NHale says, they are probably activated with a paddle on the back of the wheel so you wouldn't see much hand movement.
Indeed.

You can actually see him hit the paddle for the DRS in the video.

Hammer24

Banned
Very nice double interview in german BILD of Moss and Rosberg.
Goes like:
Rosberg, "in the corners I adjust the brakes"
Moss; "you do what? I waved to the girls!"

FIA clarifies defensive driving guidelines in Formula 1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101147

any driver defending his position on a straight and before any braking area may use the full width of the track during his first move provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.

For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion'.

So you can't push them off track if their rear wing is at least alongside your back wheels. Isn't that how it was interpreted before?

You can't push them off the track if their front wing is alongside your rear wheels. You're also not allowed to leave the track when defending a position without a reason.

AndyD

aka andydumi
You can't push them off the track if their front wing is alongside your rear wheels. You're also not allowed to leave the track when defending a position without a reason.

Yeah, I mistyped. So all you really need as an attacker is to push your nose along their rear and they have to give you a clear path to pass. Kinda weak.

Yeah, I mistyped. So all you really need as an attacker is to push your nose along their rear and they have to give you a clear path to pass. Kinda weak.

Well you need to take a defensive line well before they get by your side, like turn 1 Catalunya. Take the inside line and you should get a better run than them.

Or do like Vettel here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFaLkUGWrQk, don't move until he's much closer but still not by the side.

Shaneus

They both take some risks. One does so with skill, the other on purpose.

sebastian_vettel_1471104c.jpg
PRUPOSE! PRUPOSE, YOU IDIOT.

Haven't you been following the thread? You're doing it wrong.
Edit: Oh fuck, that was meant to be an edit, not a double post. Whoops.

PS. I want every driver to wear those glasses. Not sure what the view would be like behind the visor of a helmet, but it's have to be awesome.

Just watched the Glasses Cam video. Yeah, that needs to be introduced into F1 asap (or the 2013 season at the latest in pre-season testing as a trial).

Top Bottom